**It's Time Rangers fans boycott the Ballpark**

rangers07

Originally posted by shoelessjoelives

I would say Hicks is a very competitve guy. Look what he has done in the business world. And he has a rather sizable portfolio in the sports field.

Spending money on dog pitchers will not get it done. There needs to be a crown jewel out there to go after and there just isn't right now.

Wouldn't that be nice! Especially if they could find a "crown jewel" that was a hometown guy--someone who wants to play for the Rangers.

His name is Chris Young and John Daniels thought it would be better to get rid of him (and a pretty good first baseman) for a pitcher who saw maybe two months of action in Arlington.

The Rangers were afraid to pay Chris Young, but had no hesitation in shelling out money for Padilla. That's why the Rangers cannot win with Hicks and his cohorts.

Like I said.....until they install a salary cap in baseball, owners who REALLY want to win, will shell out the cash. The ones who are only serious about turning a huge profit, will continue to do just that. They will get rid of who they need to get rid of so they can stay under $75 million on the payroll and keep dangling that carrott under the noses of the season ticket holders. Judging from the boards in Dallas, the guys who will lose their jobs are the ones trying to sell season tickets.

I will never boycott the Rangers. Yes they have been playing bad but there getting better. The offense is getting better and the bullpen has been pretty good all year except for there choke against Boston the other day. As for the starting pitchers getting Millwood back will help. McCarthy looked alot more promising in the month of May and hopefully that will rollover into June. Tejeda just needs to forget about the month of May and go back to whatever he was doing in April. Padilla has proved that he can win ballgames so I think he will turn it around and win over 10 ballgames this season. And Kam Loe just needs to bring his snake with him out to the mound so the batters will be more worried about the snake. haha. The Rangers as a whole just need to forget about there record and start playing every game like its the last game of the season and if they win it then there in the playoffs. Maybe that will help. I dont know im just giving my opinion. LoL

My son and I will be there Saturday for the Season Ticket Holder's picnic and autograph party. Usually makes for a great day touring the stadium and getting autos from almost all the Rangers, and the BBQ is pretty good as well.:)

You can't be a fair weather fan...If you love the Rangers show the support...are we always going to be happy.....no....but once they are winning the place will sell out and everyone in Texas will be driving to see them......I have already been to 10 games and I have season tickets that I plan to attend many more this year.....Another note go and check out Round Rock this week for the State Tournament.....probably the best baseball that will be played in the state this year....

Originally posted by Longhorn Fan

If you want to see the TRUE feelings from Rangers Season Ticketholders, go check out STubhub and Ebay. ALSO, go check out the Dallas Morning News. The ads for offloading tickets are unreal. I'm talking about PRIME front row seats behind homeplate and along the dugouts going for $10 and $15 a ticket.

I'm not a Rangers fan, but I like going to the games. What amazes me is when the Red Sox, Yankees, Cardinals, and Astros are in town you would think it was their ballpark. I'm sure the same will happen when the Cubs are in town.

If I were a fan, of them, I'd go to every game I could. Especially, with ticket prices like these. I rarely purchase tickets at the box office, because I get a better value, from someone that has already paid face value. Ticket prices are higher, when the above mentioned teams are in town.

I don't care what anyone says, there's nothing better than watching a game at the Temple.

heres an idea to atleast get the rangers back on the right track...

trade teixeira(even though it would kill me to see him go), cruz and prospects to the padres for Peavy and that young pitcher Germano.

Very long shot but it cant hurt to dream

Why would the Padres do that? They have a 1B, Cruz has the second lowest VORP of all MLB starters at this point (you can trade him when he has value, not before), and Tex has Scott Boras has an agent, which makes teams iffy about his future prospects.

Trading Tex may not bring the bounty everyone thinks it will.

You might as well trade Tex and get something because when he walks (AND HE WILL WALK.....aka Scott Boras deals) he will bring absolutely NOTHING! One of these days, MLB will install a salary cap. When they do, the Rangers will be competitive. Until then, we will just be a doormat for the rest of the AL to come wipe their feet on.

I am more frustrated with this Rangers team than any other I can remember. My daughter and I were at the Red Sox game on May 25th. It was a very sloppy game with plays not being made and several of the Rangers looking like they were not paying attention. That was tough to watch. They seemed so ill prepared and without any fire.

I think this is the sloppiest version of the Rangers in years. I'm used to not having any pitching but I am not used to a defense that is this bad.

All of that said I'll still go back because I love the game. But, I do find myself turning off the game on TV more now because it just drives me nuts.

As for trading Tex, don't trade him unless you get some quality for him. Even if it means not making a deal and watching him leave for a bigger deal somewhere else.

Longhorn's post is a bit misleading. If Tex walked after 2008, we would get draft picks back. Though not optimal, losing free agents this past year is why the Rangers have 9 picks in the first five rounds this year..more than they've ever had.

Way I see it, here are the issues with Tex that would make it easy/difficult to sign him:

Pros -

1) Scott Boras loves to get money out of us.

2) Hitter's park.

3) Rangers low payroll may actually help him get the best contract.

Cons -

1) It's Scott Boras, which means other teams don't want to have to deal with him either after 2008 (lowering the value of trade offers).

2) He's from up north and problably wants to go back. This may help us get a trade with Baltimore, but they don't have much.

3) Tex shows little interest in working out a deal before becoming a free agent.

It'll be interesting to see how gung ho teams are after giving away such big contracts this past winter.

Originally posted by Longhorn Fan

You might as well trade Tex and get something because when he walks (AND HE WILL WALK.....aka Scott Boras deals) he will bring absolutely NOTHING! One of these days, MLB will install a salary cap. When they do, the Rangers will be competitive. Until then, we will just be a doormat for the rest of the AL to come wipe their feet on.

Mark my words, MLB will never have a salary cap. At least not in our lifetime. Yes I believe Tex will walk after the 2008 season. There is no way they will go after Jake Peavy. His contract is way too large. They can't afford to continue to pay off A-Rod and put Peavy on his current salary.

Let's face it, Daniels should have gone out to get Roy Oswalt Livan Hernandez instead of Brandon McCarthy. And Lofton isn't that bad. He's contributing more than everyone else on the team. Not to mention we pretty much got him for free.

Yes Sammy has hit a couple homeruns this year. But he is way too inconsistent. He's averaging 2 strike outs per game. He doesn't hit for average. And he's not much of a threat on the bases.

Our GM is still in his rookie season. Give him a break. It's too early to really tell the direction our team is heading. This off-season is the tue test of where Daniels is leading our team.

Guest CNOrtega

The biggest thing the Rangers can hope for is the Yankees to trade A-Rod, which is more likely than you probably think. By doing that, the Rangers no longer have to pay a dime towards his salary. That will free up a lot of money to make the club better. Also, if Teixeira walks, the Rangers will get a compensatory draft pick, but that hardly makes up for a player of his caliber.

Promotions came out to our school on a staff development day after school and for $40 dollars we were able to get 4 free game tix, 2 free game tix (sunday-thursday), 8 buy one get one free tix, 3 50% off single game tix, 2 Lexus club box tix buy one get one free and $250 off a suite rental. All tix are in the corner box $31 apiece. We can upgrade and pay the difference. S

You guys are right about my previous post. I apologize. I left off the draft picks we will receive for Tex leaving for another team, but lets look at what we are going to actually get to replace Tex. Not much that will help right away and probably nothing when you look at the percentages of those that actually make it to the majors and contribute. No, I honestly feel that Tex will indeed walk for one main reason and that is I don't think Tex wants to stay in Texas. For starters, he is sick of losing and he is ticked at management for not signing better free agents and this is published by several reporters including the ESPN insiders and Randy Galloway. Secondly, history shows that players that are represented by Scott Boras hardly ever stay with the club they are currently playing for in their final year.