Game 1: Lovelady 13 Carlisle 0

Buzzard

Carlisle lost 13-0...the defense fell apart in the last three innings...had five errors in those three innings...offense couldn't hit that pitcher from LL...

he was placing it on a tee for them and i mean it was slow, but they couldn't hit the ball...three hits on the night...

the indians will come back in the next two i hope

Pitching and defense wins. Carlisle had neither and Lovelady did. He may not throw as hard as some but the freshman for the Lions did a heck of a job tonight of getting out of what little trouble he got into and the defense behind him was outstanding i.e. catcher and centerfielder.

The freshman pitcher from Lovelady (Case Gunnels) follows the three most important rules of pitching:

1. Location

2. Location

3. Location

If he was "putting it on a tee" that tee was down and away and up and in!

Outstanding performance, especially from a 9th grader.

I could not make it because of work but after talking with some of the parents who were there they said if Carlisle plays half as bad Friday night as they did Thursday night our season will be over. Everything fell apart -pitching, defense and hitting.

To the Carlisle players - This is another gut check call. You answered the call last week. I think you can do it again.

Originally posted by WeldonWildcat

The freshman pitcher from Lovelady (Case Gunnels) follows the three most important rules of pitching:

1. Location

2. Location

3. Location

If he was "putting it on a tee" that tee was down and away and up and in!

Outstanding performance, especially from a 9th grader.

I just meant he was putting it on a tee becuase it was so dang slow...after facing the Murray kid frm GP last week, this one was very, very slow and that's what part of the problem was

Looks like an error induced "feeding frenzy" occurred to generate that 13-0 score. That can happen.

And the slow pitching can really throw a team out of sorts. Last year, when Gladewater met Lindale in 3A playoffs, the Bears threw a freshman, Josh Holley, against Lindale's senior leader, Middleton -- one of the best pitchers in East Texas. The freshman, with help of his "D" ... and his slow, slower, and change-up pitch, held the Eagles in check and won the 1st of a 3-game playoff. To be fair to Josh, he threw to the right spot on the Lindale batters, and kept them off-balance.

Gladewater then went back to their two best pitchers, both fastballers, and Lindale went back to hitting what they hit best ... the fastball. They just had problems "WAITING" on the slower pitches ... patience.

Sounds like Carlisle might have been like Lindale ... they were impatient at the plate, waiting for the ball to get there. However, Lindale didn't lose by 13 runs. The Carlisle "D" will have to tighten it up these next two games.

Good luck to the Indians the next two games. Come from behind and advance on to Round Rock. :thumbsup:

Just a suggestion, guys, with the final score being 13-0.

If any Lovelady players sneaked over to Carlisle last night and branded your favorite war pony with "13-0" ... it isn't the end of the world.

That happened to the Texas Longhorns way back yonder, when they lost to the Ags, 13-0.

The Horns just changed the "13-0" brand into a new name for their steer.

...13. - .. 0

.....B.E V O

However, I don't know if you want your favorite war pony to be named "BEVO"? :smile2: Let the 13-0 score be a motivating factor .. not a mental roadblock.

Good luck tonight.

Thats what I thought would happen. That they would not be able to hit the slow stuff

tonights game will be a shoot out I say Carlisle gets the win 13-10 tonight

just to let you know they got a slower pitcher and a little bit faster pitcher then the one that threw last night

Originally posted by TJC_fan

Looks like an error induced "feeding frenzy" occurred to generate that 13-0 score. That can happen.

And the slow pitching can really throw a team out of sorts. Last year, when Gladewater met Lindale in 3A playoffs, the Bears threw a freshman, Josh Holley, against Lindale's senior leader, Middleton -- one of the best pitchers in East Texas. The freshman, with help of his "D" ... and his slow, slower, and change-up pitch, held the Eagles in check and won the 1st of a 3-game playoff. To be fair to Josh, he threw to the right spot on the Lindale batters, and kept them off-balance.

Gladewater then went back to their two best pitchers, both fastballers, and Lindale went back to hitting what they hit best ... the fastball. They just had problems "WAITING" on the slower pitches ... patience.

Sounds like Carlisle might have been like Lindale ... they were impatient at the plate, waiting for the ball to get there. However, Lindale didn't lose by 13 runs. The Carlisle "D" will have to tighten it up these next two games.

Good luck to the Indians the next two games. Come from behind and advance on to Round Rock. :thumbsup:

tjcfan that was shane flesher that got the win against lindale not josh