t13. West Sabine

t13. Bremond

16. Normangee

t17. Valley Mills

t17. Thorndale

t17. Harper

t20. Joaquin

t20. Flatonia

No Beckville or Tenaha? Carlisle is rewarded with a 12 win season by getting no respect.

Yeah I believe you have the coaches poll. I copied this off the 1atexasfootball.com sit. I believe it is the DCTFB's preseason poll.

1A

1. ALTO

2. SHINER

3. BREMOND

4. JOAQUIN

5. SUNDOWN

6. WINDTHORST

7. NORMANGEE

8. ROSCOE

9. QUANAH

10. THRALL

11. COLLINSVILLE

12. D'HANIS

13. MEMPHIS

14. QUINLAN BOLES

15. GOLDTHWAITE

16. GORMAN

17. BECKVILLE

18. WHITE DEER

19. ALBANY

20. WEST SABINE

21. BRACKERVILLE BRACKETT

22. BOVINA

23. HULL-DAISETTA

24. CHILTON

25. VALLEY VIEW

I'll go with the coaches poll since IMO they have better understanding of football. For example the Lovelady Lions the past two years have been picked to finish fourth in district by DC and have won district the first year and went to the semi finals the next. Just an example since I follow them more than most 1a in east Texas.

I can see Beckville and Joaquin going one and two in that district, with a dogfight behind them for the final playoff spot.

Of course, if Tenaha can ever find a way to shore up that defense, they'll be tough for anyone to stop.

Originally posted by Idioteque

I can see Beckville and Joaquin going one and two in that district, with a dogfight behind them for the final playoff spot.

Of course, if Tenaha can ever find a way to shore up that defense, they'll be tough for anyone to stop.

So, why are you counting out Carlisle?

Originally posted by goldenrichards
Originally posted by Idioteque

So, why are you counting out Carlisle?

I'm not counting anyone out, and that includes Mt. Enterprise. But as far as Carlisle goes, they've got a strong senior class to replace, as opposed to Joaquin and Beckville who have most of their core returning.

One could argue that the Groveton, West Sabine, Lovelady district is as tough in east texas, at least at the top. They got farther than that district last year and according to the coaches poll have all three teams rated higher.

Originally posted by goldenrichards

Carlisle deserves a high ranking, they have alot of talant returning. I think Beckville will be on the bubble, same as last year. I dont think Joaquin will make it out of that district this year.

I guess I should retract my last post. I did not realize that the Gandy kid was returning. With him running alongside Perimeter the Rams running game will be in full force. They may be the team to beat.

Im curious to see how Carlisle can follow up last years campaign. They have some good players returning. Beckvilles QB and RB combo will be tough to handle. Overton will be younger this year, than they were last year, but they still have some solid returning players. I also believe that the kid to watch this year will be last years freshman RB from ME. He was pretty quick. But, I have a feeling that Joaquin's running game vaults them back to the top of the district this year.

Originally posted by RAM86

One could argue that the Groveton, West Sabine, Lovelady district is as tough in east texas, at least at the top. They got farther than that district last year and according to the coaches poll have all three teams rated higher.

Joaquin beat lovelady, and wipped west sabine last season, and carlisle beat west sabine out of the playoffs. There district is not as tough as 20A.

The only one of those that matters is Carlisle beating West Sabine. If not for a bad snap West Sabine wins. And Lovelady beat Carlisle 35-12 in the regional finals. Groveton doesn't figure into this, but they had the misfortune of having to play Alto in the playoffs. At the top, 23 was at the least as strong as 20.

Windthorst will win state, nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have been and will continue to be the number 1 dominating football program in Texas in class 1A. They have been the best, are the best, and will be the best for years to come! Just like the song says, "Simply the Best....... Better than all the rest.......":guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar::guitar:

what about maud? i have heard they have practically everyone coming back losing only around 2 starters...they had a great season last year. not to mention they have that great coach finny and hes staff...good luck to him on he's second season there.