And the Jr. go's to Hendrick

panther55dad

What has Dale Jr. done to prove he is one of the best in the sport ....he is 14 th in points. By comparison, the 14th best record in basball, is the Minnesoata Twins....are they one the best teams on baseball. If the Chase were to start now , JR. would not not be in , so PLEASE do not consider him "one of the best drivers in the sport." And by the way , I am a Jr fan, but now that he teaming with Gordan and Johnson , I may have to reconsider

We are going to see how many true Jr. fans there are. Those that jump ship will be the ones that jumped on board just because his last name was Earnhardt. I never liked Sr., I thought he was a very good driver but didn't like his driving style of wreck-to-win. Jr. earned my respect when he didn't wreck Ryan Newman for the win once early in his cup career.

I will really enjoy watching Jr. run for Hendrick. What a coup... Hendrick now has the two most popular drivers in NASCAR under contract.

17 wins in Jr.'s Cup career says he is one of the best. There are so many drivers that have raced longer yet have less wins.

as long as it means more wins and a championship i am all for it. just because he is teamed with the 24 and 48 does not mean i have to root for them. i root for jr. only. i feel much better about it after seeing the news conf. today. i knew there a few earnhardt/hendrick ties, i just did not know how many or how deep they were.....i mean jr.'s great-grandfather helping rick's dad.....wow....and the contract on the napkin when jr. was 15.......man

i will be with jr. period!!

I'll still be a Jr. fan ... ONLY! But "IF" it was the car/team that was holding Jr. back at DEI the past couple of years, then he'll have to really step forward as a driver. No excuse about the equipment/support.

Strong rumors has Budweiser coming with Jr. to Hendrix. I wish he could keep #8, but I don't see DEI letting go of that #8.

if he keeps bud or changes sponsors is not a biggie to me.....i don't drink, we buy jr. stuff with jr on it....like at bass pro ....anyway......the 8 is the big thing.......guess we will see how vindictive teresa is

When you look at the history between the Earnhardt's and the Hendrick's this is really not too big a surprise. Didn't Earnhardt Sr. take Rick to victory lane in his first Busch venture?

Budweiser will find a way to follow Jr. Especially with the history of the 25 car. I actually see Jr. in the 25 and Mears shifted to the 5. That is if Teresa will not let go of the 8 which would not surprise me.

I am more interested in what will happen to Tony Jr., Tony Sr. and Kelly Elledge (sp?). These people seem to be spokes in Jr's life and this puts a major twist on things.

Any way you cut it we are experiencing a pretty cool part of Nascar history. The suspense of wondering how Gordon and Jr. fans will react. Will Jr. prove he is a great driver, or will he fall into the category of overrated? I can't wait until 2008!

Jr. fans need to realize however that just because he is going to a great team does not mean he will become a great driver, or give results that mirror that of Gordon and Johnson. It not only takes a great driver in todays Nascar, but you have to have the right people in place to provide Gordon-like results. Will Hendrick be able to help Jr. find these key ingredients he so desires? It will be interesting to see!

i think it will be okay and work out.......kelly will always be around, she is jr.'s agent and next in line under jr at jr motorsports........heard a snippet on espn radio where supposed "insider info" says teresa will be willing to trade/sell the 8.........hope that is true........if the sponsor is bud okay, whatever........i care more about the number than the sponsor.......visa is in the mix i hear........that would be great............

i think dale sr. got rick's 1st cup win in charolett (sp)

since jr. became a cup drive in 99 only johnson, stewart and gordon have more wins..........

jr. wins 16% of the races he enters..........it just has been a long time since the last win

i think jr and gordon have enough savy to make it work..........funny no one is really talking about the johnson camp.........gordon has more wins, championships and is leading the points now, but jimmy has the longer future because of the age difference..........if jr. does well at hendrick then in the long run it will affect jj more than gordon