Tatum V Gilmer 07

warhawk1432

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone heard that tatum might play gilmer at rose stadium this year and that it might be on TV????? :happy65:

Dang, I hope not. I was going to go to this game when it was in Tatum but if its televised , which I doubt it would be, they would have to play on a Thursday or Saturday and those days are booked for me :thumbdown:

I heard that it is in the works and that both schools have been contacted by the UIL and Fox Southwest. If it happens then the game would more than likely be played on that Thursday or Saturday.

Yeah, would have to be Thursday or Sat if televised due to UIL rules prohibiting televised Friday games

so would it be week 1 or still week 2???? or even before week 1?.....how good of a game will this be....Tatum does not like to show too much too early, but Tatum sure doesn't like losing to gilmer!!! if you were a coach how much does the non-district schedule really matter????

so would it be week 1 or still week 2???? or even before week 1?.....how good of a game will this be....Tatum does not like to show too much too early, but Tatum sure doesn't like losing to gilmer!!! if you were a coach how much does the non-district schedule really matter????

Not sure about showing or not showing too much but ill tell ya Andy doesnt like to lose. I think this will be a really good ball game

I do not really know alot about either school....just what I read here and in Dave Campbells, but I predict a Tatum win. Unless Gilmer just has way too much depth to wear out Tatum.

I agree with you on one thing, the part about you don't know alot!

Fox could film at Tatum just as easy. Tatum went to Gilmer. looks to me like Gilmer is working through the back door to keep from coming to Tatum. What happen to Gilmer looking out of state for a team that plays football with a round white ball.

What about the local organizations concession stands? What about the old folks that don't drive out of town at night? What about the season ticket holders that have seats they do not have to get to the game early for.

you do realize about this same time last year people were asking the same thing if the tatum gilmer game was going to be moved from gilmer to somewhere bigger to accomodate a large crowd. gilmer isnt trying to get out of playing at tatum. and the out of state team gilmer is playing is a private school from monroe louisiana.

That's right people were saying the same thing move the game for the crowd. But we came to Gilmer. Tatum drove to Gilmer. Stood on the sidelines and stood in line so that the Gilmer Booster clubs could reap the benefit from the large crowd. And Gilmer was not very friendly and would not let us blow our Whistle.

So now it is Gilmer's time to come to Tatum.

Gilmer could always volunteer to work in some Humantarian Service on that Friday night. That has been pulled before and worked.

I don't give a lot of credence to this rumor. First of all,,, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Tatum "did" play at Gilmer last year, and I think this years game should be played in Tatum. That's only fair for all concerned. But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, before you Tatum guys start saying that Gilmer is just trying to get out of playing "in" Tatum,,, don't you think if this switcheroo "did" happen, that it would have to be approved by "both" schools. Trust me,, if Tatum doesn't want to play somewhere other than Tatum,,, then it will be at Tatum. It's pretty silly to think the Buckeyes would try and get out of coming to Tatum to play. It's even sillier to think that Gilmer has the power to do so. Enough said,,, it isn't Gilmer trying to get out of anything.

Do some of you geniuses realize that Titus Sports marketing would be PAYING these teams to play in the Classic. The significant amount of money would be FAR more than you can make in a jerkwater concession stand. At any rate, both teams have to AGREE. if Tatum feels cheated, I am sure Gilmer will drive to Tatum, bring their fans, and enjoy a good game between 2 classy programs. There is no other motive here.

Furthermore, Gilmer turned down the initial offer to play in the Classic because they had a COMMITTMENT to play at Tatum during week 1. It was only after Titus contacted Tatum, did the subject come up.

PS....the Classic is scheduled for week 1 this year and not zero week as in previous years.

Do some of you geniuses realize that Titus Sports marketing would be PAYING these teams to play in the Classic. The significant amount of money would be FAR more than you can make in a jerkwater concession stand. At any rate, both teams have to AGREE. if Tatum feels cheated, I am sure Gilmer will drive to Tatum, bring their fans, and enjoy a good game between 2 classy programs. There is no other motive here.

Furthermore, Gilmer turned down the initial offer to play in the Classic because they had a COMMITTMENT to play at Tatum during week 1. It was only after Titus contacted Tatum, did the subject come up.

PS....the Classic is scheduled for week 1 this year and not zero week as in previous years.

You probably don't realize that Tatum ISD has no real need for Titus's money. Tatum has more money right now than they know what to do with, I'm not using a cliche. They're in lignite lollapalooza, and football proceeds are nice but merely pocketchange these days.

I am well aware of Tatum's monetary situation. If they dont; need the money, why would anybody care about band boosters or whomever making a few hundred bucks off of concessions? I am merely stating the facts. Gilmer turned down the request from Titus becasuse they committed to play a home and home with Tatum. Titus then contacted Tatum to see if they would be interested in moving the game. tatumn said "Sure, we will consider it". So, if you want the game in Tatum, call the tatum Coach/AD.

I am well aware of Tatum's monetary situation. If they dont; need the money, why would anybody care about band boosters or whomever making a few hundred bucks off of concessions? I am merely stating the facts. Gilmer turned down the request from Titus becasuse they committed to play a home and home with Tatum. Titus then contacted Tatum to see if they would be interested in moving the game. tatumn said "Sure, we will consider it". So, if you want the game in Tatum, call the tatum Coach/AD.

I don't doubt that Tatum would be interested. It;'s a nice idea to play in the classic, and Tatum enjoys Rose Stadium about as much as Gilmer. Folks realize that the boosters aren't getting that school money just as much as they wouldn't get the Titus money. I just felt it needed to be stated that, finance wise, Tatum and Gilmer are in two very different situations .