Terrorism Question

Cats51

If it is an honor to strap on a bomb and blow yourself up in the terrorist nations, why is Osama ducking and hiding from execution. It should be an honor for him to die or is that theory just for the peasants. Sadam was fighting execution tooth and nail, when in fact he should have been very excited about it according to their beliefs. Is there something I don't understand about their system?

Guest bleedsbluengold24

My guess is that these "leaders" don't believe the lie about being a martyr and the 70 virgins. But if they can convince their followers it's true, they can continue to dupe unsuspecting young men and women to do their dirty work for them. They call people like that "cowards".

Saddam was not a religious man. No doubt he didn't believe this reward for martyrs.

My guess is that these "leaders" don't believe the lie about being a martyr and the 70 virgins. But if they can convince their followers it's true, they can continue to dupe unsuspecting young men and women to do their dirty work for them. They call people like that "cowards".

Saddam was not a religious man. No doubt he didn't believe this reward for martyrs.

Pretty good theory, Bleeds. How can the underlings answer?

It seems that there has always been a certain lunatic fringe among religions, organizations, and even political parties. They break off from normal and rather mundane establishments. Some of these sects are lead by kooks who is in their mind feels rejected or otherwise disenchanted with the establishment. People such as Jim Jones (Peoples Temple), Marshall Appelwhite (Heaven’s Gate), Joseph Di Mambro (Order of the Solar Temple), and Joseph Kibweteere (Movement For The Restoration Of The 10 Commandments), who all tolled convinced over 2000 followers to commit mass suicide.

Apparently these kooks felt more strongly about their cause than Osama, as they chose to die along side their followers. Now if someone could convince Bin Laden to “drink the Kool-Aid”...

Just my opinion (and you can call be a conspiracy theorist in this particular event), but I'll have to list this one as a possible suicide event. My recollection is that ATF and FBI had a hand in this one.

I agree that the ATF and FBI had a hand in this one, but it is a fact that autopsies showed many children were already dead before the fires and their bodies had total body cramps to the point it broke bones in their bodies. This comes from poisoning the body. Koresh may not have had mass suicide in mind, but all he had to do was allow the agents in to collect the illegal weapons. He was just afraid they were going to arrest him on weapons and child abuse. The Mt. Carmel event should go down in law enforcement trainings as the way not to do it.

My answer to the original question would be the "leaders" aren't stupid. Even though Osama is America's Most Wanted and a mass murderer, he is intelligent.

I agree that the ATF and FBI had a hand in this one, but it is a fact that autopsies showed many children were already dead before the fires and their bodies had total body cramps to the point it broke bones in their bodies. This comes from poisoning the body. Koresh may not have had mass suicide in mind, but all he had to do was allow the agents in to collect the illegal weapons. He was just afraid they were going to arrest him on weapons and child abuse. The Mt. Carmel event should go down in law enforcement trainings as the way not to do it.

My answer to the original question would be the "leaders" aren't stupid. Even though Osama is America's Most Wanted and a mass murderer, he is intelligent.

So........he doesn't practice what he preaches. Obviously.