Favorite Movies Of 2007

chase.colston

I don't feel like "updating" my entire list, but I saw Across The Universe last week, and it was one of the two best movies I've seen in 2007 -- the other being Once.

Brilliantly shot, great acting ... all-around amazing. And if you like The Beatles, you'll love it. It's easily the best musical I've ever seen.

• 2 months later...

2007 is over, so here's my 10 best movies., Drum roll, please ... and add yours, too!

Obviously, I didn't get to see all I wanted to (No Country For Old Men being the biggest), but here's my list since 2007 is over. Add yours, too!

1. Once

2. Juno

3. Reign Over Me

4. Across The Universe

5. Charlie Wilson's War

6. American Gangster

7. Knocked Up

8. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

9. Zodiac

10. Black Snake Moan

I still have to see:

No Country For Old Men

Into The Wild

Michael Clayton

Gone Baby Gone

I did not see ten general release movies in 2007. My list of ten would be somewhat abbreviated. Of those you selected, I saw one (Order of the Phoenix). Two I had intended (or intend) to see (Juno, Charlie Wilson's War). Of the rest, looking at the trailers on IMDB, I think I'd like to see Zodiac and American Gangster.

It's interesting that two on your list are musicals. I haven't seen a musical in many, many years. Also, two are about chasing their respective criminal, and two are about unintended pregnancy. Would a hypothetical musical about a pregnant criminal be high on the list?

No Country for Old Men is also one I'd like to see. From the trailer, you couldn't force me to watch Into The Wild even if drugged and held by five big guys.

Movies that I saw that that I liked: The Kingdom, the remake of 3:10 to Yuma, I Am Legend (remake of Omega Man and Last Man on Earth), Stardust, and Mr. Bean's Holiday. I'm afraid that I'm just not very mature.

1. Superbad

5. 300

6. Knocked Up

7. American Gangster

8. I Am Legend

Superbad was that good couldnt put anything close to it :)

Sidenote Bilbo and Capt i honestly had transformers as one of the worst in 07... I thought the stroyline was completely weak and despite the amazing cgi and sweet car i disliked the movie quite a bit.... Maybe im just weird!

1. No Country For Old Men- For me, this is hands down the best movie of the year. The Coen Brothers are Awesome.

2. Eastern Promises

3. Atonement

4. Sweeny Todd

5. American Gangster

6. Zodiac

7. The Lookout

8. The Bourne Ultimatum

9. Juno

10. Rescue Dawn

Movies that may be added later:

There Will be Blood

Before the Devil Knows Your Dead

Into the Wild

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

• 1 month later...

I have only seen five 2007 movies :blush: ... and thought they were all great. I would rank 'em this way:

1. Death Proof

2. Breach

3. Superbad

4. The Lookout

5. Planet Terror

I have The Hoax saved on TiVo for viewing this weekend & the remainder of my 2007 "too see" list looks like this:

American Gangster

Before The Devil Knows You’re Dead

Crazy Love

Delirious

Hot Fuzz

I Want Someone To Eat Cheese With

I’m Not There

In The Shadow Of The Moon

Juno

L’Iceberg

Michael Clayton

My Best Friend