Favorite quotes

UTBasketball00

Just give your favorite quotes... funny or serious meaningful quotes from a book, a movie, a song, a philosopher or that you made up...

a couple of mine but more to come...

"Girls are like slugs - they probably serve some purpose, but it's hard to imagine what."

-Calvin and Hobbes

"Who you are is what you choose

These times when the world falls apart

Make us who we are "

-Lifehouse

Guest bleedsbluengold24

"How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think."

Adolf Hitler

"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

Teddy Roosevelt

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" Yogi Berra

"Breathing isn't the only thing, winning is" Casey Stengel

"Pull yourself up by your own boot straps" unknown

"Be a part of the solution, and not a part of the problem" unknown

"Don't burn your bridges, until you cross the bridge" unknown

"The love you get, is equal to the love you give" Paul McCartney, John became confused and added "take"

"If tomorrow doesn't comes, what are you going to do today" ? unknown

"Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without" unknown

"For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but may have eternasting life." "For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but the world through Him might be saved". "He that believeth on Him are not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only Son of God". And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil". "For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reprieved". "But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God" John 3:16-21 KJV

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. Abstain from the apperance of evil". 1 Thessalonians 5 21-22

The entire chapter of Matthew 25.

"To play 18 years in Yankee Stadium is the best thing that could ever happen to a ballplayer. " (Mickey Mantle)

"If I spent my career hitting singles, I would have worn a dress." (Mickey Mantle on Pete Rose)

"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come." (James Earl Jones, Field of Dreams)

" ... awake thou that sleepest, arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light." (Eph. 3:14b, KJV)

Jesus and baseball, my two favorite things.

A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel. - Robert Frost

Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up. - Robert Frost

The cruelest lies are often told in silence. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once. -Julius Caesar

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. -Matthews 6:21

Don't be afraid your life will end: be afraid that it will never begin. -Grace Hansen

Day by day nothing seems to change but pretty soon everything's different - Calvin and Hobbes

He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words. - Elbert Hubbard

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. - Robert Frost

God, who foresaw your tribulation, has specially armed you to go through it, not without pain but without stain -C.S. Lewis

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. - C.S. Lewis

"Ain't no sense worrying: If you have no control over something, ain't no sense worrying about it -you have no control over it anyway. If you do have control, why worry? So either way, there ain't no sense worrying." - Mickey Rivers (mickeyrivers.com)

Some Serious ones although I prefer the funny although they easily offend. I have a couple of books one with funny quotes on life and one with serious quotes on life.

To me, life is like the back nine in golf. Sometimes you play better on the back nine. You may not be stronger, but hopefully you're wiser. And if you keep most of your marbles intact, you can add a note of wisdom to the coming generation.

-- Clint Eastwood

If you rest, you rust.

-- Helen Hayes

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

-- Andy Rooney

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

-- Issac Asimov

They say the seeds of what we will do are in all of us, but it always seemed to me that in those who make jokes in life the seeds are covered with better soil and with a higher grade of manure.

-- Ernest Hemingway

There is no such a thing as a stupid question, only stupid people!

Guest bleedsbluengold24
It was actually the Dali Lama himself that first uttered these inspiring words to Carl so the credit should actually go to him.
Technically, you are correct. However, I did not witness the Lama blessing us with the quote, only Carl. However, I have no reason to believe Carl would lie.
Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer.Leave the gun, take the cannolis.
Possibly the two best quotes of the movie.