Greatest Dallas Cowboy of all time

Yep, no doubt at all. To me, he is the greatest football player of all time. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you never saw Roger play. Many label Joe Montana as the best quarterback ever, but my pick is Staubach. Now don't get me wrong I'm a big Emmitt fan. Not only was he a great players, but seems to be a great person. I thought picking Tom Landry was a great pick. Bob Lilly might be the greatest, no it was Staubach.

I'm guessing you never saw Roger play. Many label Joe Montana as the best quarterback ever, but my pick is Staubach. Now don't get me wrong I'm a big Emmitt fan. Not only was he a great players, but seems to be a great person. I thought picking Tom Landry was a great pick. Bob Lilly might be the greatest, no it was Staubach.

Ha! You guess wrong. Saw Roger play in person as well as TD. Thia is just a matter of opinion. I love Roger as well.

Guest texpal22

i too saw Roger play and yes he was great and meant alot to the Cowboys and their success. there were also other players who meant alot to them but i still put Emmitt at the top. not because he's the all time leading rusher but because i felt he was the one that made them click in the 90's. could they have won games without Aikman? probably. without Irvin? yes. without Emmitt? no they struggled bad when he didn't play. you have to be able to move the ball on the ground in order for your whole offense to be succesful. without Emmitt and the running game defenses could have laid their ears back and came after Aikman.

I have to say the greatest Dallas Cowboy was Tom Landry. To pin it on a player, I agree Roger Staubach. Had he not served our Country, his legacy would have been greater, but to me, that makes him greater as an icon.

Well said Dave. You and I very much agree on this one. I would have to say that the team of Troy, Emmitt, Jay, Moose was probably the best in the most modern times. They really had it together and played as a team. The individualized attitudes of the players of today have just about ruined the sport!!!!!! They have forgotten how to play with all of their heart. To much LOOK AT ME now days!

Bob Hayes, Don Meredith, Walt Garrison, Calvin Hill, Tony Dorsett, Roger Staubach, Troy Aikman, Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, Bob Lilly, Lee Roy Jordan, Randy White, Too Tall Jones, (The beautiful) Harvey Martin, Mel Renfro, Cliff Harris, Charlie Waters, Jethro Pugh, Emmitt Smith.....oh my! There is way too many good 'uns to choose from.

Okay, the question was Dallas Cowboys greatest cowboy. There has only been one great Dallas Cowboy that was an actual cowboy that I know of and that was Walt Garrison. As for greatest player, I would have to go with Staubach. He truly was a general on the field. Emmett and Troy come in tied at a close second. Just my opinion, of course.

Guest RRHoochieKoo

Difficult choice but I'd have to go with Tex Schramm, his intunuity built not only the Cowboys into what they are today but he is a major reason the NFL is the juggernaut that it is. jmo

2nd Tom Landry

3rd Roger Staubach

4th Emmitt Smith

I have narrowed my choice down to Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman. Each in their time was the face of the Cowboys. Not the only face but the most dominant in their tenure with the Cowboys. Both were the field generals that led their teams into game time battle, both kept up a good professional and personal image, both were good role models, both won Super Bowls, both displayed great heart and desire for life and the game, both have gone on to be successful after their playing days were over. So I think both are the greatest of all time Cowboys.

Many come in just a fraction of an inch behind these two, Emmit, Moose, Michael, Too Tall, Bill Bates, Larry Allen, etc... just goes to show how rich and blessed in talent the Cowboys have been in their history.