The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DLeihman32878

New Eagles' single!

The Ticket played the Eagle's new single, "How Long", yesterday. It's so refreshing to see an "old" band stick to their roots. This sounds like it could have been released back in the 1970's.

I understand that they will have a new CD hitting the stores in November and a tour to follow. It's good to see them back together.

Anyone else heard the new single?

one of the few groups that i haven't seen over the years. just have always had too much going on when they've been close. if they tour again, i'll be there. i agree that the new single sounds "old". i like it a lot

Guest bleedsbluengold24
one of the few groups that i haven't seen over the years. just have always had too much going on when they've been close. if they tour again, i'll be there. i agree that the new single sounds "old". i like it a lot

Don't miss them if you get the chance. I have posted on here before, I saw them at the AAC in Dallas a few years back. GREAT concert! Played all their old stuff. Three hours. Joe Walsh stole the show.

Don't miss them if you get the chance. I have posted on here before, I saw them at the AAC in Dallas a few years back. GREAT concert! Played all their old stuff. Three hours. Joe Walsh stole the show.

That's my one complaint with The Eagles, Joe Walsh can try and steal the show.

I like it when Don takes center stage and everyone else follows his lead.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Oh don't misunderstand. Henley had the mic and center stage for most of the show. Walsh was highlighted for only a few songs. That's all it took. He's a virtuoso on guitar. Greatness.

Joe Walsh is the only Eagle I like!

Oh don't misunderstand. Henley had the mic and center stage for most of the show. Walsh was highlighted for only a few songs. That's all it took. He's a virtuoso on guitar. Greatness.

I can't agree more.

If any of you went to Nokia last September, you saw a show with the James Gang. Give me the guy with "coke bottle" glasses and a hand for the 6 string from Cleveland.

Then again, I never got into The Eagles. Even with Don being born in Gilmer, and raised in New Diana. I never cared much for Linda Rondstandt's backup band.

As Forrest Gump would say "That's all I've got to say about that"

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Interesting. I found this quote by Henely that addresses your concern exactly. Seems it's no accident that he doesn't "take center stage".

"I could stand out front and sing Eagles songs that I sing in my set, but I think people enjoy watching me sing and play the drums. It seems to fascinate people. I don't know why." Don Henley