Texas vs. TCU

RatKing

Although Texas has a lot of kinks to work out I think they should be fine. I have said all summer that Texas will have their hands full with TCU. I believe that Texas was just rusty. Also there are a lot of D1-AA schools out there that have top notch athletes. Appy St. is always in the playoffs (beat Michigan). Arkansas St. has a decent program. A lot of great athletes play D1-AA maybe because they played at a smaller high school, they didn't do as well on the college entrance, maybe the had some disciplinary problems at a different university(Rhett Bomar). I watched SFA beat La Tech several years ago. App. St beat Michigan this year. There are great athletes in D1-AA.. That being said just because it is supposed to be a guaranteed win doesn't make it one, just ask michigan. Texas will be fine this year. TCU will be tough all year long.

Texas 24

TCU 20

and if it is that close it will still be a quality win over an exceptional team.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are several ETexas kids at TCU (Cuba-Tyler, Jacksonvile DE I think) Are there more and will they play. I would not be surprised to see Cuba playing.

Nick Sanders of Kilgore gets plenty of defensive play time for TCU. Eddie Jones gets D-playing time for Texas.

Although Texas has a lot of kinks to work out I think they should be fine. I have said all summer that Texas will have their hands full with TCU. I believe that Texas was just rusty. Also there are a lot of D1-AA schools out there that have top notch athletes. Appy St. is always in the playoffs (beat Michigan). Arkansas St. has a decent program. A lot of great athletes play D1-AA maybe because they played at a smaller high school, they didn't do as well on the college entrance, maybe the had some disciplinary problems at a different university(Rhett Bomar). I watched SFA beat La Tech several years ago. App. St beat Michigan this year. There are great athletes in D1-AA.. That being said just because it is supposed to be a guaranteed win doesn't make it one, just ask michigan. Texas will be fine this year. TCU will be tough all year long.

Texas 24

TCU 20

and if it is that close it will still be a quality win over an exceptional team.

Ark. St. is D1-A...not D1-AA.....there in the Sunbelt...so that whole comment is pretty senseless.....

Ark. St. is D1-A...not D1-AA.....there in the Sunbelt...so that whole comment is pretty senseless.....

Well exxxcccccuuuuuuuuusssseeee me!!!!!! I made my mistake for the month of September and it is early. I guess I'll have to watch myself the rest of the month. No sense in making TWO senseless mistakes in one month. I hope you forgive ratQUEEN.

Texas won't repeat last week's effort on the field ... but they will repeat it on the scoreboard to go 2-0. After watching OU against Miami, I think that OU is now the team to beat in the south. They looked tough this afternoon.

Well exxxcccccuuuuuuuuusssseeee me!!!!!! I made my mistake for the month of September and it is early. I guess I'll have to watch myself the rest of the month. No sense in making TWO senseless mistakes in one month. I hope you forgive ratQUEEN.

Ouch....dont get your panties in a twist.....i was just stating a Fact...no harm intended

TCU has a severe chance of winning this one.I thought the inconsistent nature of Texas would be gone this year, but after the Ark St. game, it's still around.I pick TCU in a close one.
...wrong...
TCU wants it a lot more than Texas does. I think the Mack Brown lovefest is finally coming to an end. TCU 30 Texas 20. TCU's defense will shut down Texas's running game and McCoy will have to be scraped off the grass.
really?

I was excited to see Nate Jones shine in the game. For two games in a row he has led the receiving corp. Nice seeing a good kid succeed.

Congrats to the Frogs. You played a good game.

Like I said earlier - We're Texas. What happens here influences the world (of football).

Guest CNOrtega
Like I said earlier - We're Texas. What happens here influences the world (of football).

This and this alone is why I dislike the Longhorns and their fans. They honestly think that they are the end all be all of everything. The very definition of a snob. Half hearted congratulations to cover themselves and then throw in their yadda yaddas about how Longhorn football is unstoppable.

Was Texas better last night? Certainly, TCU's defense was worn out by the 4th quarter because their offense is at the very best mediocre. Let Texas play a quality team that can play offense and defense, and you will see Mack Brown hang his head in shame at an embarrasing defeat.

Also, burnt orange is not a color. If you burn orange, it turns black.

This and this alone is why I dislike the Longhorns and their fans. They honestly think that they are the end all be all of everything. The very definition of a snob. Half hearted congratulations to cover themselves and then throw in their yadda yaddas about how Longhorn football is unstoppable.

Was Texas better last night? Certainly, TCU's defense was worn out by the 4th quarter because their offense is at the very best mediocre. Let Texas play a quality team that can play offense and defense, and you will see Mack Brown hang his head in shame at an embarrasing defeat.

I completely agree with you.

Who are you suggesting they play.......Fresno ST.? I don't hold your comments against you since you honestly thought Troy Smith was a better college QB than Vince Young.

Sorry I offended you. My congrats were sincere to the Frogs. TCU has been asking for the game for years and claiming Texas has been ducking them, which I disagree. They got their game and performed nicely.

Do I think Texas is the best football team in Texas? Yes, but the national press seems to agree. When they are not on top, I will acknowlege that fact.

A certain phrase that includes a pot and a kettle comes to mind......

Some Longhorn fans come off the wrong way just like anyone else who supports their team. My problem is people who can't give credit where it's due. All week long it was "TCU was going to beat Texas." Texas totally destroys TCU in the 2nd half and we get excuses of why Texas won and why they won't win when they play a complete team. Save it! :notworthy: