A&M nearly Upsest by Fresno State

RatKing

They made the correct call......it was OBVIOUS he fumbled the ball before crossing the goal line or going out of bounds...so the personal foul against the ags on the play bailed fresno state out

My question is WHEN did the side offical blow his whistle? He thought the guy went out of bounds..so when did he blow the play dead? If it happened before the ball was recovered by A&M then I THINK it would be like inadvertant whistle and play is dead where it is marked

Guest bleedsbluengold24

In typcial fashion, the Aggies played an average team close. The roughing call kept FS in the game. The runner fumbled the ball into the end zone, while he was in bounds and the Ags recovered.

Pack you bags Fran. If you can't get your team up better than that, you'll be looking for a job soon. I remember when Emory Ballard was fire mid-season. It could happen again.

Shaking my head the whole second half. Team was flat, played terrible. Whoever is calling the plays needs to be fired. I watched them run the same shotgun hand off four times, only to run it again. If it didn't work the first four times, it's not going to work the fifth. The option was sloppy, McGee kept pitching it WAY to early.

Our defensive secondary has been terrible for both games. Mont. St. and Fresno had their choice of where to throw. It's hard to play a game when you're forcing 3rd and 8 and the opposing team is converting every time from passing it.

I was still optimistic after last week's game, but after this week ... well, unless someone lights a fire under the rears of the Ags and the coaches calling the plays stop being idiots, we're in for a loooong season.

Ehh. We won, that's all I care about at this point. Had we ended up losing (which I was almost positive we were going to do before the call was reversed) I would be way more upset. The defense played great in the first half, but I think we got a little worn down and their run game took over late. Our offense didn't help the defense at all by going 3-and-out or turning the ball over several series in a row in the second half.

The option was our savior tonight (as usual)...FSU didn't account for Lane up the middle as much as they were trying to shadow Goodson and McGee.

Even though it took way to long to figure out the call, the officials made the right call on the fumble by Fresno State. I for one am glad they made sure to get it right. I think A&M was fortunate to win the game today against a very fiesty Bulldog team. In the end it was too much Javorski Lane against a broken down defense.

We'll take any kind of win we can get ... just like the Horns took the victory over Arkansas State. Looks like the Ags have some "D" work to do.

The "at" Miami game should be a determining factor in a couple of weeks .... well, maybe ... after what the Sooners did to them. Made them look like another average team.

I agree A&M looked sloppy today. Their option attack was slow to develop, and never looked smooth at all. Thank goodness they have Javorski Lane, he wore the Fresno State D down today, which helped A&M at the end of the game......so far, except for OU, the Big XII is not looking too good this season.........should we fans of the Big XII be worried?????

Guest bleedsbluengold24

Question concering "the call". How could it take until the second ruling on the play for the WAC officials to reveal there had been a flag on the play. Only after announcing the ruling on the field stood did they, after much more deliberation, announce they were wrong, the ball had gone into the end zone, but the play was nullified due to a roughing call. Why didn't the flag affect the original call?

Honestly, I never saw the flag. Obviously neither did those yay-hoos announcing the game.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
I noticed the flag box at the top of the screen about 3-4 minutes before the referees even mentioned it, seems no one else did.

I didn't see it. I was probably too busy expressing my dismay that the refs had missed the call at the goal line, at a very high volume.

They announced the roughing penalty on the field over the PA...I wonder why the Fox broadcast didn't pick it up. The reason for the third challenge on the play was that Fran was told by the head official that it occured AFTER the fumble, meaning that A&M should have won the game right there because it would have occured while we had the ball.

It was the tale of two halves for the Aggie defense...we held Fresno to 79 yards of offense in the 1st half, with 34 of it coming on one play when they threw a short pass while we were in prevent defense with about 15 seconds left in the half. Had we come out and scored on our first drive I think we would have been in for a rout at that point...but FSU got some life when Pierre Brown was CLOCKED on the kickoff return and McGee fumbled on the next play (although it looked like a forward pass to me).

The aggies because of the style they play will probally be in alot of close games.The first prob with the ags imo is Stephen Mcgee he has alot of heart,but the guy cannot pass to save his life anymore.He once showed the ability to pass,but now if i was an ag reciever i would be looking to transfer.Also that defense looks terrible hopefuly it doesn't return to 05 form.

^Up until the end I was clueless as to who would win.

I'm sure everyone's been to or seen a game where you could tell in OT that it was inevitable that one team was going to win (the other had given up, exhausted, etc.)

This one was a toss up until the very end ...-

Guest bleedsbluengold24
^Up until the end I was clueless as to who would win.

I'm sure everyone's been to or seen a game where you could tell in OT that it was inevitable that one team was going to win (the other had given up, exhausted, etc.)

This one was a toss up until the very end ...-

Went to a game at Kyle Field about 4 or 5 years ago. Ags played Missouri. Great game. The weather was perfect, had 40 YL seats on the west side. The only time I had to get up was to Saw Varsity's Horns Off. The game went through 4 OT periods before Missouri finally won. I was exhausted afterward.

BTW, I had the requisite gigantic burrito at Freebird's before the game. It was almost as good as the game.