Hallsville @ Mount Pleasant

HvilleCat23

I want to choose Hallsville because of their explosive recievers and running backs as well their whole D. But, i think MP just slipped up a little by turning the ball over and not being able to move very well with first game jitters. It will be a close game and i will be rooting for those cats to pull in on a Travel to Sam Parker!

Heres my ?

Early loss to kilgore, in OT. and their Defence looks pretty good mainly the Backs. Their O sounds like their little more on the run game! Will MP be able to run past Hallsvilles stingy Defence?

Hallsvilles O has had trouble holding onto the ball, But catches everything and runs very well on O, Their Defence has been the BIG difference in their two wins over tough 3a teams and with their run/pass mixture Will they be able to hold on to the ball and keep mount plesants O off the field?

i'll give you my take on it after seeing the cats last week. the one thing that impressed me about hallsvilles defense was their secondary. they ran step for step with the rabbit recievers and believe me, thats no easy task. our kids are speed burners. our routes may not be perfect and we've still got timing issues on the offense but we're still atlanta and we're still fast. the big thing in the game was that neither QB could find an open reciever because both secondaries had the other teams recievers covered.

if MP doesn't have fast recievers they're going to struggle big time because hallsville is fast back there. both teams spent a lot of time in the spread so there wasn't much grinding it out. but when hallsville did drop down into an I-formation set atlanta was right there jamming the line on them.

i think Hallsville looks good on this one if they can keep the mistakes and turnovers down. both us and them made a lot of them last friday night. once again, the defenses were so dominate that the offenses looked bad.

it'll be interesting to see how they match up against another 4A team this week. plus, we play MP the week afterward so we can use this to scout, lol.

Good words Rabfan! they did look really good! i personally thought the run D looked better because they kept the rabbits with 85 total yards and held Atlanta to 29 yards rushing on 27 carries while allowing only 56 yards through the air. Dont remember on how many attempts though. But dont get me wrong those arent pretty stats and the Bobcat rushers struggled with the Atlanta defensive schemes, managing only 105 yards on 41 rushes (2.6 yards per carry). While Atlantas secondary plagued the hallsville offence "Hutchinson faced tougher going against the Atlanta defense, and connected on only 4-of-10 passes for 61 yards" ouch. Hopefully They can find a way around MP and use more of their speed players. I dont know if hallsville will play another team as fast and physical as Atlanta for another 3-4 games!

Hopefully Hallsville can find a way around the turnovers and Hallsville wins

Hallsville 14

MP 10

you will...this week...once again MP only lost to kilgore on two botched field goals...and about hallsville having good defensive backs, they better be on their A game. Even though the tigers mostly run they do have a good quarterback with great recievers. even though terrell howard only threw 6 passes last week he completed 4 of them for 124 yards. (31 yards/completion). this will be another exciting game that should come down to the wire.

MP-35

Hville-31

I think this is the week we finally find our offense. Tom-Lee Hutchinson has two games under his belt and I expect him to run the offense well this week. The defense is solid, holding Atlanta last week to negative yardage in the first half. I think Hallsville will pound the ball with their 3-headed running game (Schattel, Jones, Hollon). This will open up the passing game for Tom-Lee. I'm so glad MP finally lost Cheetum (sp.) UTEP - he was always a deep threat & their best athlete.

Hallsville - 31

MP - 13

Gold Rush, why did you put their score so high? i can see MP getting 13 but idk about Hallsville getting a 31 against a good MP team. If their D isnt as good as last years i can see where your coming from in the 24-28 area. Hallsvilles O strategy and mix is a BEAST!! it just hasn't shown yet.

hallsville's D is really good. I say hallsville 38 MP 0-10?? The skill positions for hallsville are stacked pretty good, and depth is what matter, keeping those guys fresh.

Yeah, i remember hearing that us losing skill positions last year was gonna drop us bad, Im not sure but we may repeat what we had last year maybe better. Not saying we will beat the same teams or we WILL be that good but i know that we wont be blown out by anybody this year! i hope MP plays us a little bit closer than the past 4-5 years. Hallsville likes playin MP and sure doesnt look past them but always seem to outplay them. MP give me stats of your studs and postitions!

Guest Bear_Den
hallsville's D is really good. I say hallsville 38 MP 0-10?? The skill positions for hallsville are stacked pretty good, and depth is what matter, keeping those guys fresh.

How was Hallsville's defense against Longview in the scrimmage?

Hallsvilles D was as good as Marshalls they both lost by around 40 but Marshall scored 7 and hallsville used 3rd team defence/offence (which there is NO WHERE NEAR as much depth as lview and first team D for hallsville only gave up 14 and second team D held lview to one TD) They played MUCH better than the score sounded.

Wow, Has MP and Hville lost their faith? not many replies from either side. Guess its just being waited on til gametime.

Cuz both teams havent been near as excited about this year. From the Hallsville FB boys they say this years team is better than lasts on both sides of the ball. scores dont show it very much besides the D but if what they say is true then hopefully we will be on our game with another winning season!

Wow, Has MP and Hville lost their faith? not many replies from either side. Guess its just being waited on til gametime.

Cuz both teams havent been near as excited about this year. From the Hallsville FB boys they say this years team is better than lasts on both sides of the ball. scores dont show it very much besides the D but if what they say is true then hopefully we will be on our game with another winning season!

I believe this will be a very good game. Not sure how MP will react after loss to Kilgore, but I suspect the coaching staff will have the boys ready with some of the kinks worked out this week. MP is due a win against Hallsville sooner or later. I guess time will tell if it is this year?

This should be a really good test for both teams. It's being played in MP so I think the game will be close. I'm thinking 24-22 Hallsville because I'm a homer. If I wasn't a homer then I would probably give it a "pic".

It should be entertaining.

At least i know Hallsville will get a fair game. As usuall when these two play there is great reffing and good fair calls. Hope MP keeps it close but not ahead :sorcerer: but Hallsville is planning hard right now to "show up" their best when kickoff is setting up! :thumbsup: im ready to head up there right now!