Big 12 unimpressive so far

Aggie2008

After watching games the past three weeks, I certainly haven't been impressed by any Big 12 team other than OU.

OU...dominant. Running game looks great, Bradford looks solid at QB and Kelly may be the best reciever in the country.

Texas can put up points, but they can't seem to stop anyone and are turnover prone at this point.

A&M finally ATTEMPTED a pass deeper than 20 yards last night (an incompletion) and Fran was given a sarcastic standing ovation from the crowd. Realistically, the passing game has been held back the past few weeks due to the competition, and McGee looked sharp throwing the ball last night. Still can't stop anyone on defense.

OSU has played terrible and their coach made a bonehead decision to start Robinson over Reid this week.

Nebraska did impress me somewhat before last night, although the close game at Wake Forest should have been a red flag that they weren't as good as they were hyped to be.

Missou has been playing no one and winning like they were playing no one.

Colorado hung in there with FSU last night but doesn't have the talent at this point to compete with the big boys.

Baylor is terrible, as usual.

Tech actually looks better than most predicted this season, although the competition hasn't exactly been good.

ISU is not very good, and beat an even-worse Iowa team last night.

Kansas...? That should say everything right there...I have no idea who they've played or how good they have done.

KSU looked good against Auburn, but Auburn just lost to South Florida and Mississippi State back-to-back.

After watching games the past three weeks, I certainly haven't been impressed by any Big 12 team other than OU.

OU...dominant. Running game looks great, Bradford looks solid at QB and Kelly may be the best reciever in the country.

Texas can put up points, but they can't seem to stop anyone and are turnover prone at this point.

A&M finally ATTEMPTED a pass deeper than 20 yards last night (an incompletion) and Fran was given a sarcastic standing ovation from the crowd. Realistically, the passing game has been held back the past few weeks due to the competition, and McGee looked sharp throwing the ball last night. Still can't stop anyone on defense.

OSU has played terrible and their coach made a bonehead decision to start Robinson over Reid this week.

Nebraska did impress me somewhat before last night, although the close game at Wake Forest should have been a red flag that they weren't as good as they were hyped to be.

Missou has been playing no one and winning like they were playing no one.

Colorado hung in there with FSU last night but doesn't have the talent at this point to compete with the big boys.

Baylor is terrible, as usual.

Tech actually looks better than most predicted this season, although the competition hasn't exactly been good.

ISU is not very good, and beat an even-worse Iowa team last night.

Kansas...? That should say everything right there...I have no idea who they've played or how good they have done.

KSU looked good against Auburn, but Auburn just lost to South Florida and Mississippi State back-to-back.

Very good assessment, although I don't know if OU is as good as they appear. They haven't exactly played a good team yet.

Didn't hear that about the aggie crowd, lol. Maybe Fran is trying to start a trend to eliminate the forward pass.

Didn't hear that about the aggie crowd, lol. Maybe Fran is trying to start a trend to eliminate the forward pass.

You'd be surprised at the crowd's open disdain for Franny at games ... they also showed their frustration towards him for throwing THREE passes HALF a yard out, only to kick a field goal. You have a 270 lb running back who's scoring left and right in the red zone, and you pass for three downs on the HALF yard line??

The Aggies could easily lose a game because of idiot calls like that. It happened last year, and it could definitely happen again this year.

Tech arent world beaters yet, but i they could very well beat every team in the south except OU. A&M's secondary is atrocious and Tech will have a field day with that, and Texas's isnt much better. Tech does have a test this weekend, if they can beat OSU, i dont see a possible loss until maybe Missouri and then OU.... They have A&M at home which is not good for the aggies, and they have a chip on the shouler about Texas, they feel they should have won that game last year, just MHO.

Tech arent world beaters yet, but i they could very well beat every team in the south except OU. A&M's secondary is atrocious and Tech will have a field day with that, and Texas's isnt much better. Tech does have a test this weekend, if they can beat OSU, i dont see a possible loss until maybe Missouri and then OU.... They have A&M at home which is not good for the aggies, and they have a chip on the shouler about Texas, they feel they should have won that game last year, just MHO.

...i see your points...but tech always looks great early and then they fold when they run into texas or ou... you still have to be able to run the ball and play a little d...tech cant do either against good teams....examples...two years ago they were beating teams like indiana st. 80-10 and then they play texas and score 17 points...losing 52-17....last year they were whipping the sam houstons of college football and then have texas at home...they score 31 in the first half...texas makes adjustments and shuts tech out in the second half while piling up points on the tech defense at will...texas wins 35-31...and dont get me started on what ou does to tech...it gets too ugly...just mho... :zorro:

Very good assessment, although I don't know if OU is as good as they appear. They haven't exactly played a good team yet.

I share the same doubt as you. Miami was the best team we've played by far and that is NOT saying much. I also question Bradford's ability to control the offense under pressure. By pressure i mean in a hostile environment.

I would have to agree. I think, at this point, the league is a toss-up. It appears that all teams, no matter the rank or lack thereof, are capable of winning big or being upset at any time. Oklahoma is clearly the front runner as of now. They look better than I anticipated. Aggies get a good test this week with Miami. Miami is still Miami. Not exactly bums on that sideline.

...i see your points...but tech always looks great early and then they fold when they run into texas or ou... you still have to be able to run the ball and play a little d...tech cant do either against good teams....examples...two years ago they were beating teams like indiana st. 80-10 and then they play texas and score 17 points...losing 52-17....last year they were whipping the sam houstons of college football and then have texas at home...they score 31 in the first half...texas makes adjustments and shuts tech out in the second half while piling up points on the tech defense at will...texas wins 35-31...and dont get me started on what ou does to tech...it gets too ugly...just mho... :zorro:

In Tech's defense that Texas team you speak of that beat Tech 52-17 is the same Texas team that went undefeated and won a national championship beating just about every team they played as bad or worse than that(excluding USC). We didn't play Sam Houston State last year but Texas did. You didn't get started on OU because there really isn't anything to say, we beat them two years ago agree with it or not and lost by a whopping 10 points last year after leading at the half in Norman. I am not saying Tech is on the level of OU or Texas but to say they can't even compete against them in comparison to how other teams are doing against them is unfair. Yeah Tech's offense usually has more trouble against OU and UT but tell me a teams offense that doesn't?

South teams

Texas- overrated this year, May sneak out with 3rd in the south

Oklahoma- needs a real test, they have looked good though

Tech- same as above, needs some D but did show improvement in the 2nd half against rice.

A&M- will probobly fold, also needs a test I saw them as overrated from the start

Baylor- Could be an upset for anybody if fire on all the right cylenders and get some help from turnovers, but didnt look very strong against Texas St.

OSU- dont know will by the end of the week

North teams- Worse than the south.

In Tech's defense that Texas team you speak of that beat Tech 52-17 is the same Texas team that went undefeated and won a national championship beating just about every team they played as bad or worse than that(excluding USC). We didn't play Sam Houston State last year but Texas did. You didn't get started on OU because there really isn't anything to say, we beat them two years ago agree with it or not and lost by a whopping 10 points last year after leading at the half in Norman. I am not saying Tech is on the level of OU or Texas but to say they can't even compete against them in comparison to how other teams are doing against them is unfair. Yeah Tech's offense usually has more trouble against OU and UT but tell me a teams offense that doesn't?

...i never said they played sam houston...i said the sam houstons of college football ...example: se louisiana, who is probably worse than sam houston...even in texas non championship years they kill tt...and the reason i wont get started with ou...go back over the last 10 years and see what ou's margin of victory is over tt...it is sick..... face it, tech will always looks good against indiana st, se louisiana, an sam houston but they can never consistantly run with the big boys from ou and texas... :w00t:

honestly...he may be right...Tech QB is putting up some good numbers this year...idk about OU (possibley since no one knows just how good they are) but the UT Tech game could be interesting. Usually if one offense is doing good (Tech) and one offense struggles (UT) and neither game a good defense, well...you get the picture

In a controversial call that could have gone either way, I might add there coachb :thumbsup:

Nothing controverisal about that one Jasonattsu, Taurean Henderson scored, barely got the ball accross, but scored and end of story. Just look at Youtube some have gone to great lengths to show that he did indeed score.

Texas Tech 23

Noman Big Red Imports Employees 21

Nothing controverisal about that one Jasonattsu, Taurean Henderson scored, barely got the ball accross, but scored and end of story. Just look at Youtube some have gone to great lengths to show that he did indeed score.

Texas Tech 23

Noman Big Red Imports Employees 21

Does NOT matter. What matters is that we have 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS to Tech's ???

Thoughts exactly.

Does NOT matter. What matters is that we have 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS to Tech's ???

Thoughts exactly.

...dont worry chsspiritguard04....that is all tech fans have to hang there hat on...beating OU or UT once every 5 or 6 years....they will never win a Big12 conference championship, much less a national championship...those trophies are reserved for teams like OU, UT, LSU, USC, Florida, etc...

Does NOT matter. What matters is that we have 7 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS to Tech's ???Thoughts exactly.
i love how you say WE...like you were a part of them....
...dont worry chsspiritguard04....that is all tech fans have to hang there hat on...beating OU or UT once every 5 or 6 years....they will never win a Big12 conference championship, much less a national championship...those trophies are reserved for teams like OU, UT, LSU, USC, Florida, etc...
thats the whole problem with the system and why College football will never be as big as the NFL....