Who agrees with me that Jason Witten is one of the best TEs in the league?

Defently one of the best TEs in the NFL, maybe #2. Don't think he is better than Antonio Gates. I do think he is a better TE than Tony Gonzalez as of right now but Tony is past his prime. Jason Wittem isn't just a good pass catching TE though. He is a good blocker when it comes to the running game and he could block in pass portection but the Cowboys don't need him to.

I mainly started this post because I always argued with a guy in high school that Witten was one of the best and he never agreed. I just wanted to see how many people agreed with me. So far everyone that's posted.

He's not the best of all time yet. His numbers have been quite impressive, and it looks like the next few years should be more promising. Without Terry Glenn, he's the number 2 receiver.

• 1 month later...

Jason Witten is the 2nd best TE in football right now. I liked that list I saw earlier, but I think you guys are forgetting about Kellen Winslow. He is dangerous and has produced in every game for the Browns this year. He is a big part of their success. And how about Ben Watson?

He is top 5 material easy.

Gates

Witten

Heap

Gonzales

Clark

Glad he is on my fantasy team!

1) Gates

2) Winslow

3) Witten

4) Clark

5) Cooley

that is my list, I thought I was going to be the first one to say Winslow Catgrad, I think in the next year or two he will pass ol' Gates too. I think the fact he called himself a ****ing soldier at THA U everybody has a negative reaction to his game.

I'll tell you what though, Witten is definately the best blocker on that list and sometimes that is overlooked, I just don't think he is quite as explosive as Gates and Winslow.

Jason Witten is the best all around TE in the Nation Football League.

Sure, Gates is the best receiving TE but there is a lot more to just running routes and catch the ball and scoring.

When you need that extra guy on the line to block for the back I want no one other than Jason Witten.