Lets tap the breaks but, start warming up some crow

The Cows are 3-0 and as they say on GAC the Cow sheep are out in full force. But, lets all calm the knee jerking......hold off on those hotel reservations in AZ. There is still a long way to go. What you should be excited about is some big time questions are starting to get some positive answers.

Certainly first and foremost, Tony Romo. I just want to know if we can put to rest whether or not he is the real deal. Matter of fact I challenge someone to name 5 guys better than Romo right now and, I can name only two. I remember a lot of ridiculous comments i.e. comparing Romo to Shaun King.... You guys know who you are get ready for a big plate. Why don't we ask Jason Taylor or Brian Urlacher what they think? And Jerry to quote Teddy KGB "Pay, the man his money" Its only going to get more and more hard on your Texas sized bank account. Hey he may not be the best QB in the league but, he is the most fun to watch. I really look foward to the showdown with No. 4 that should make for great T.V. regardless of the records at that point. The Romo train is back on the track.

Secondly, Terrell Owens has really made his presence felt in the first 3 games and, just had probably his best game as a Cowboy impact wise. All that without the drama to go along with it...and yes, I know there is still plenty of time for this to change but so far he has been the dominant reciever the Cowboys pay and need him to be. If this continues his bold preseason predictions may not be so far fetched. And staying with the theme of his 7,500 dollar movie. Eldorado Part 2 is to be continued.

My next props go out to Jason Garrett. He is making Jerry Jones look pretty good with what some considered a very risky move. No longer after the game are you saying man why didn't they do this or why did they go away from this. No banging their head against a wall or failing to get the ball in their many playmakers hands. Chicago was the perfect example rather than continue to run into that staunch eight and nine man front they went to the air ate them up until they were worn down enough to send in the closer. Its been a pattern for 3 weeks now this offense has shown the ability to break the will of their opponents. Now he has a good arsenal of weapons and players still determine ultimately how well you do but a lot of that credit needs to go to Jason Garrett.

Now while there is plenty to be excited about there is enough to make you tap the breaks as well. The combined record of the opponents so far is a whopping 2-7 and there next two are a combined 0-6. On top of that both teams will probably be missing there starting tailbacks. Now I know you can only play the games they put on your schedule but, the biggest test will be not having a let down against one of these teams. Any win in the NFL is big, and they certainly can't afford to overlook these teams on the way to their first real test against the Pats. Lets hope that Phillips 3-4 continues to improve and guys get healthy because they will need to be at there best when that team comes to town. While they have been better each week they have a ways to go.

The last time the Cowboys started 3-0 was 1999....they finished that season 8-8 and lost to the Cardinals 20-0 in the first round and I am pretty sure that was the last playoff game the Cows hosted. Now I am excited like everyone else about the way things are looking but, the long past of disappointments tempers my enthusiasm somewhat. I would like to see what happens once this team plays another contender. Either way its good to get off to this kind of start for a change.... its been a long time.

Guest CNOrtega

5 Quarterbacks I'd rather have than Tony Romo

1. Tom Brady

2. Peyton Manning

3. Carson Palmer

4. Donovan McNabb

5. Drew Brees (barely)

That said, the Cowboys are playing great. But I don't care about September wins. Drew Bledsoe won in September, Quincy Carter won in September. I want to see what they can do in DECEMBER when it matters.

To say that you have 5 QB's you'd take over Tony Romo right now is ridiculous.... The numbers don't lie:

QB Rating: 111.9 - Tied for 3rd in the NFL (Brady, Pennington)

Yards: 860 - 6th in the NFL (Kitna, Palmer, Brady, Manning, Favre)

TD: 8 - Tied for 3rd in the NFL (Brady, Palmer)

INT: 2 - Tied for 2nd in the NFL with lots of other QB's, but less than Bulger, Kitna, Palmer, Brees, and the same as Favre.

The only QB that is ahead of Romo in all of those stats are Tom Brady.... Face it, Tony Romo is a Top 3 or 4 QB in the NFL right now, and by the end of the season we'll all mention him with Manning, Brady and Palmer.

i'd take romo over palmer...chad johnson is in his prime and has the most underrated reciever in the league (TJ housemanzada) while owens is doing great, he is 33 years old...and glenn is out, craytons figure has obviously tampered his play, so that makes the second best reciever sam hurd. ever hurd of him?

romo moves in the pocket and avoids the rush just as well if not better than anyone in the league.

You would take Drew Brees over right now over Romo? Or Mcnabb for that matter.... Why? Are they playing better than Romo? And the reason the Cowboys didn't finish in December was hardly Romo's doing, the defense gave up 152 points. That could have had something to do with it. I am pretty sure we all want them to finish strong but, I am talking about right now...