Paying Romo

eeaggie

After every Cowboy game Tony Romo gets asked at least once about contract talks. With how good he has been playing, everyone thinks the Cowboys should get him to sign a new contract as soon as possible. I'm a big Romo fan but i think it is smart to wait a little longer. If the Cowboys are going to get the contract done during the season, the bye week will be the perfect time. I think waiting longer is actully going to help Romo as far as getting a bigger contract. If Romo keeps playing the way he has been playing this season, the money goes up just a little every game.

I am of the mindset that we need to pay Romo now.... If we get to the end of the season with him unsigned there will be lots of teams trying to get him to come to their team.... True we have the Franchise Tag, but why do that to that guy? That to me is one of the stupidest rules in football.... Either pay the guy or don't, but don't pull his chain....

I am as big of a Tony Romo fan as you can find, but I have an eerie feeling that tells me that if he hits the open market in free agency, he won't be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys anymore. I think that as of now he wants to be a Dallas Cowboy, but if Jerry Jones doesn't hurry up and get this done, he may feel like they don't want him. I don't understand the logic behind not locking him up just as they did Jason Witten and Roy Williams.

And while you're at it Jerry, go ahead and get Marion Barber locked up, he's in the next to last year of his deal, but his contract is voidable at the end of the season!

I would be inclined to want to pay him now, but I figure since Jerry Jones has about a billion times more money than I do and three more Super Bowl rings than most folks maybe he knows what he's doing.

Guest texpal22

you know you can look at this both ways. if Romo waits until the end of the season and he continues to have a great year and leads them deep in the playoffs or even a Super Bowl there's no telling what kind of money he could get. but if he waits and his performance severely drops off that could cost him millions. so with that said you make the call.

i'd bet Jerry is thinking wait this thing out

I am as big of a Tony Romo fan as you can find, but I have an eerie feeling that tells me that if he hits the open market in free agency, he won't be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys anymore. I think that as of now he wants to be a Dallas Cowboy, but if Jerry Jones doesn't hurry up and get this done, he may feel like they don't want him. I don't understand the logic behind not locking him up just as they did Jason Witten and Roy Williams.

And while you're at it Jerry, go ahead and get Marion Barber locked up, he's in the next to last year of his deal, but his contract is voidable at the end of the season!

i agree that jerry jones should hurry up and sign him but i think the last thing romo is gonna think is that jerry doesnt want him. they way he talks about him and how much he likes him. but i think romo wouldnt change teams anyway. not right now. money wont have an effect on his decision. they way he talks in the press conferences he couldnt care less about money. he said he wouldnt know what to do with anymore than 2 or 3 million anyway. so with that said jerry prolly istn in any big hurry. but me persoally i would wanna hurry up and make him my quarterback for sure.

Should it boil down to it, Tony Romo will remain a Cowboy. Jerry's going to take a wait and see approach. Regular Season wins aren't what matters. If Tony leads the Boy's to the Super Bowl, he will be granted his proverbial "Pot Of Gold".

Tony's grandparents in Center aren't getting any younger, and he has strong family ties. Jerry didn't just fall off the turnip wagon, he's made practical business decisions most of his life.

If Tony can keep his head on straight, not worry about what not, and lead the Cowboys to playoff success he will be rewarded. Be patient, 3-0 is a good start.

I'm not going to be a front runner for a Super Bowl Championship Parade, just yet. Ask any Maverics fan, about their great NBA Championship rings and parades.

We saw Donovan McNabb light up Detroit, and who's 1-3 and who's 3-1 ?

I'm with Jerry, show me some skins on the wall, then we'll talk about big bucks.