70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like?

• Oklahoma
    • Texas

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the 'Horns, but they are missing an offensive spark.

McCoy is a great player, but he just hasn't shown the "it" factor that it takes to win big games.

After watching K St and A&M losses last year and the loss today, I think he is too tough for his own good. He becomes completely ineffective and doesn't tell the coaches that he can't perform.

Texas went 3 and out with 3 catches [one was out of bounds] and it was 4th and 7. You have to get the ball down the field. He pickes the short recievers when he is hurt.

I hope he proves me wrong about not having "it".

The way Texas played today it will not even be a contest. Oklahoma by at 20 points. It could be another 60 something game. With the off the field trouble and the lack of experience, Texas, whom I love, will be lucky to win 3 more games this season. If I was Greg Davis and Mack Brown, which I am not, I would bench Colt and go with Chiles the rest of the year. I do not think that Colt is that good. I thought it last year when he was named to the starting position. He is too easy to read where the play is going.

Texas lost for these reasons:

1. They can't tackle an 80 year old woman with a cane.

2. Poor special teams play.

3. Kansas St. showed up to play.

4. Poor play calling. I still think Davis is a moron. He ought to give the asst. coach of the year trophy he won 2 years ago to Vince Young. They didn't have any recievers across the middle of the field. That is where McCoy has made a name for himself. You have got to stretch the field every now and then. Davis also abandoned the run with Charles early in the game.

5. The KS defense had 4 INTs. 3 were tipped at the line of scrimmage. Those could have easily fell to the ground allowing Texas to punt or have an extra down. That is just the way it goes sometimes.

6. Texas blitzes too much to be so young. Their Secondary can't cover well enough when the Offense picks up the blitzes.

7. Did I mention KS showed up to play ball?

To say Colt doesn't have the "it" factor is not quite true. I think today was possibly a learning lesson. He has been phenominal so far. As far as putting Chiles in, he has only played one year of QB in his career. He played Reciever all through high school until his senior year. That is why he was recruited as an athlete. Colt is a darn good QB. He should be starting and will remain the starter unless Mack Brown wants to lose the rest of the games they have on the schedule.

I will be pulling for Texas but I think the game could go either way. It depends on which Texas team shows up and If Davis can figure out where he put his old Play book. the one he brought today wasn't very good.

Guest bleedsbluengold24

OU will win in large fashion and Mack will be left wringing his hands, knowing he let his burned orange faithful down. A loss to the the Sooners this year would compound the tension that started last November after the Ags came calling. Questions and doubt would swirl. And Mack would be on the proverbial hot seat.

All a far cry from the salad days of Vince and the NC.

Texas lost for these reasons:

1. They can't tackle an 80 year old woman with a cane.

2. Poor special teams play.

3. Kansas St. showed up to play.

4. Poor play calling. I still think Davis is a moron. He ought to give the asst. coach of the year trophy he won 2 years ago to Vince Young. They didn't have any recievers across the middle of the field. That is where McCoy has made a name for himself. You have got to stretch the field every now and then. Davis also abandoned the run with Charles early in the game.

5. The KS defense had 4 INTs. 3 were tipped at the line of scrimmage. Those could have easily fell to the ground allowing Texas to punt or have an extra down. That is just the way it goes sometimes.

6. Texas blitzes too much to be so young. Their Secondary can't cover well enough when the Offense picks up the blitzes.

7. Did I mention KS showed up to play ball?

To say Colt doesn't have the "it" factor is not quite true. I think today was possibly a learning lesson. He has been phenomenal so far. As far as putting Chiles in, he has only played one year of QB in his career. He played Reciever all through high school until his senior year. That is why he was recruited as an athlete. Colt is a darn good QB. He should be starting and will remain the starter unless Mack Brown wants to lose the rest of the games they have on the schedule.

I will be pulling for Texas but I think the game could go either way. It depends on which Texas team shows up and If Davis can figure out where he put his old Play book. the one he brought today wasn't very good.

Great assessment I couldn't agree more. I don't think any honest Longhorn fan did not see this coming eventually they are just not as good as they have been and thats just gonna happen. They are still a talented football team just not as talented as they have been. I mean look at the amount of guys they have lost just in the last two years....I don't care how good your recruiting is it takes time to develop talent. And we all know how much this game effects that process. The season is far from over though a win against a very good Oklahoma team would certainly help to start getting back on track. The horns have simply got to stop allowing McCoy to get pummeled out there no QB can stand up to that kind of beating. Colt is a top notch QB but, a guy constantly under that much pressure is going to make bad decisions and bad throws you have to protect your quarterback its that simple. That being said to suggest Mack is on the hot seat if they lose this game is absolutely ludicrous. Not even taking into considering that he just recieved the big contract extension, Texas has been one of the top 5 programs in the country since his arrival one. Matter of fact in the time frame is has been their winning percentage has been right at the top if not the top in the NCAA. Mack is not going anywhere. That being said we all know anything can happen in this game...

And Mack would be on the proverbial hot seat.

You've reached a new level of stupidity, bleeds. Mack has won more games during his tenure at Texas than any other coach in D1, and is the last Big 12 coach to win a NC. Mack's job security will not be in danger with or without a loss to OU this year. As far as the RRS goes, I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. Remember OU was supposed to win last year.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
You've reached a new level of stupidity, bleeds. Mack has won more games during his tenure at Texas than any other coach in D1, and is the last Big 12 coach to win a NC. Mack's job security will not be in danger with or without a loss to OU this year. As far as the RRS goes, I wouldn't count your chickens just yet. Remember OU was supposed to win last year.

And you get rude when you're nervous. OU dominates next Saturday and Mack's season crumbles with consecutive losses. And those won't be his last this season.

BTW, I didn't say anything about Mack's job security. Hey, if the burned orange faithful are content with mediocre football, who am I to tell them who their coach should be?

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Mack is good at keeping the Travis County jail full of burned orange jerseys.

Depending on which Texas team shows up, it could be a better game than anyone is giving it credit. K State is a much better team than most expected them to be. Their coach 'ignites' them!

The Sooner Schooner will role into the RRS but a single digit win will be a GOOD win...and expect to see a local verbal commitment on the sideline...(just a guess, but wouldn't doubt it at all!)

I'll be pulling for the burnt orange...but I'm afraid all will be seeing red....the question will be what players may not make it to the game because of off field antics?????

And you get rude when you're nervous. OU dominates next Saturday and Mack's season crumbles with consecutive losses. And those won't be his last this season.

BTW, I didn't say anything about Mack's job security. Hey, if the burned orange faithful are content with mediocre football, who am I to tell them who their coach should be?

Oh sorry Bleeds, I guess your "proverbial hot seat" was referring to a toilet or something... :wacko: Maybe, you could translate your posts for me. As for next saturday, I am not really nervous. OU just lost to a weak Buffalo team in case you didn't notice. The better team will win next saturday. If I were an aggy, I would be more worried about my own "crumbling" house.

Guest bleedsbluengold24
Oh sorry Bleeds, I guess your "proverbial hot seat" was referring to a toilet or something... :wacko: Maybe, you could translate your posts for me. As for next saturday, I am not really nervous. OU just lost to a weak Buffalo team in case you didn't notice. The better team will win next saturday. If I were an aggy, I would be more worried about my own "crumbling" house.

The hot seat is the consternation that Mack is invariably going to be under from the alums, et al. The hot seat is the inherent pressure that Mack brings upon himself when he can't beat a 12 point underdog at home. The hot seat, while it may not be his job, is the secret questioning that is going on all over Austin even as I type this as to whether or not Mack is in fact all that and a bag of chips, as the burned orange faithful would have us believe.

As for the Ags, I believe they managed a win this weekend. The only thing crumbling in College Station is that loser Fran's empire. His ultimte departure will serve to do nothing but improve the team, the university, and the city.

OU may have lost to a weak Buff team, but they won't make that mistake two Saturdays in a row. And you will be nervous when you finally realize that the steers are not what they once were.

To say Colt doesn't have the "it" factor is not quite true. I think today was possibly a learning lesson. He has been phenominal so far. As far as putting Chiles in, he has only played one year of QB in his career. He played Reciever all through high school until his senior year. That is why he was recruited as an athlete. Colt is a darn good QB. He should be starting and will remain the starter unless Mack Brown wants to lose the rest of the games they have on the schedule.

He can't play hurt. Very few can and none probably should

I was at the A&M game last year, it was obvious he was hurt, yet he played until he got knocked out of the game.

I really like McCoy. When he is healthy and throwing verticle he is awesome.

At the same time he like another Texas QB who suffered in big games. He is missing the "it" that Vince had.

Until he exhibits "it", he won't be a top QB no matter how much talent he has.

I think it was John Madden who said "Great players make great plays, that's why they are great players"

I don't think anyone can say he is making great plays when Texas needs them the most. Hopefully that will change.

Hook Em.

Guest texpal22

[quote name='bleedsbluengold24' date='Sep 29 2007, 11:07 PM' post='8495

And you will be nervous when you finally realize that the steers are not what they once were.

i think that's already been realized and i'm a Horn fan saying this

Guest bleedsbluengold24
And you fell out of what turnip truck?

Okay, you have proven now that you have no grasp on reality. Any coach, including Mack, who has a history of winning, will certainly be on the hot seat when his team demonstrates they may not be the powerhouse they once were, and their fans and more importantly alums expect them to still be. The lost to a non-ranked, 12 point underdog team at home. And worse yet, Mack is facing consecutive losses, knowing he probably will lose to OU. They have already lost any chance for the NC. Now, they have to worry about the Big 12 South, which IMO is out of their reach.

You need to just worry about watching your Dead Raiders play out west in, what is the name of that stadium, The Dust Bowl?