More skin selections

hamburgerpatty

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think so this time. Smoaky, and I agree with him, wants the Smoakhouse forums to be branded as such. We would like it to be instantly recognizable as the smoaky.com forums. We put a lot of time into coming up with this current skin and I think it looks very presentable. I think members here can be proud of it. I see so many forums with either just the default IP Board theme or any number of the standard "additonal" themes. If I'm browsing through my bookmarks I get confused as to which forum I'm on - I don't think that will be an issue with our current theme.

Another issue I will be glad to avoid is the assembling of graphics for different themes when new features are added. With the last forum software, each time a new feature was added associated new graphics had to be uploaded to 2 dozen differnet themes.

Sorry, while I understand the desire for diversity we are not, at this time, going to be adding any new skins or themes.

Daf

I kinda liked to ability to select skins one the previous forum. Just a little personal touck for our individual screens.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I know what you mean about graphics. I use vbulletin on a website and everytime we went to do a new style/skin, I had to go and get a graphic for EVERY type of button on a site. It was not fun at all let me tell you.

Since it is in the beginning stages, we have been downloading skins from different sites that support vbulletin and editing them to go with the site. Whenever our design guy gets the main design done maybe we will have 1 or 2 set skins to go with the site. (hopefully)