Mineola 14 Gladewater 13 (Final)

Smoaky

Big shock after the way the game started, but it was a tale of two different games. The 1st half was Gladewater, the second half Mineola.

Gladewater held Mineola to only 13 total 1st quarter yards, and Mineola held the Bears to 22 total yards in the 2nd half.

Jason Jones had two bigtime runs for Mineola, and Cory Jones was a workhorse in the 2nd half carrying the ball 18 times for 132 yards.

Of course the Yellowjacket defense made some big plays. They forced a Bear fumble at the end of the first half, as Gladewater had 3rd and goal from the one. Fumble into the endzone to end the threat, and close out the 1st half.

Good alround job by the Bear's Alex Vasquez, who not only kicked field goals of 27 and 35 yards, but also punted for good yardage, and kept Mineola deep on their own side with touchbacks on kickoffs. In fact Mineola had no return yardage on the night, nor did they have any passing yardage. Everything on the ground for them.

Real tough loss for the Bears. It will be a uphill battle for them to get back into the playoff picture. Not impossible though.

Not trying to stir anything up...honest question for the Gladewater faithful.....should the Bears miss the playoffs, would it be wise to own stock in a moving van company?

That's not even a consideration. We have the Coach we want. Yes, we want to win, and we will under the leadership that we have. Coach Callaway brings alot more to the table than just winning football games. He is our coach and the right man for the job.

Guest Bear_Den

I agree that we are not out of the playoff picture, however, we have to play better than ever before in the next few weeks.

That's not even a consideration. We have the Coach we want. Yes, we want to win, and we will under the leadership that we have. Coach Callaway brings alot more to the table than just winning football games. He is our coach and the right man for the job.

yall have the atheletes also,so whats the problem?

yall have the atheletes also,so whats the problem?

You are right, we do have the athletes, but we have had some injury problems in key positions. I don't know the answer, nor would I venture to use this forum for my or anyone's personal viewpoint, especially when it is one step away from attacks on coaches and players. I believe local papers have done enough of naming names and giving the boys negative feedback.

My job, in writing for the paper is to hopefully give the readers as much real information as I can, by the way of stats, and some play by play. I am not a coach, nor am I a great writer, but I love the gameand I love the Bears. I might not get all the stats correct, but I will be close. I don't do a good enough job of keeping up with the defensive stats, but it's just me, and when we are playing teams like Gilmer, who run the no huddle, it's just impossible to keep up with everything. I try my best to get as many names in the article as I can, and that goes for both teams, but I have limited space to work with. The most important thing for me is to keep it positive. If you want to know who fumbled a ball, missed a tackle, or dropped a pass, go to the game, or better yet catch the replay on Gladewater cable on Wed. nights. That way you can see for yourself.

When the coaches start actually getting on the field and playing, then we might have reason to blame them, but until then I'll leave the coaching to the very capable coaches that we have.

Yes...I witnessed it!

"you still don't know...."

I do know.... and please come up with a better quote than that. That was so 6 months ago and time marches on, but apparently you haven't. I am proud for Mineola and there accomplishments. Wells is apparently turning that football team around. Not only is he turning the football team around, the administration, town, and community are singing his praising. I think it is wonderful and I hope he goes deep into the playoffs. Crumbsnatcher, I do know who Wells is, I do know who he is coaching, and I do know the kind of talent he is coaching...

Good luck next week Jackets!