Gilmer @ White Oak

FriscoFan

I don't think he intended to question White Oak pride or spirit. I think he ment athletes. The answer to THAT question is no. This game like the others will be over in the first. If White Oaks coaches choose NOT to run the clock, I see Gilmer scoring 70.

White Oak probably wont want to run the clock out of pride, But I bet they'll agree to 5 minute quarters for the 3rd and 4th.

Gilmer-56

White Oak - 3

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I knew what HE meant. If he can smart off, so can I.

Whether we win or lose, I and alot of other Roughneck fans will

be there to support them. Besides itsn't that what you are suppose to

do.

I don't think he intended to question White Oak pride or spirit. I think he ment athletes. The answer to THAT question is no. This game like the others will be over in the first. If White Oaks coaches choose NOT to run the clock, I see Gilmer scoring 70.

Funny! But, losers only give up.

We may not be tops right now...

but we won't be willing to stop until the real

clock stops. I hope your team doesn't give up

so easily.

Good luck friday!

White Oak probably wont want to run the clock out of pride, But I bet they'll agree to 5 minute quarters for the 3rd and 4th.

Gilmer-56

White Oak - 3

Yes, I knew what HE meant. If he can smart off, so can I.

Whether we win or lose, I and alot of other Roughneck fans will

be there to support them. Besides itsn't that what you are suppose to

do.

If White Oak does'nt wanna run the clock or shorten the quarters, thats their business. If you would read the beat reports on Smoaky.com, then you will see how Coach Traylor was upset that Sabine ran the clock. The starters have'nt played a full game all year! If White Oak wants to play a full game, ya'll just be prepared to give up about 70+ points and then not come on here complaining about them running up the score.

The starters have'nt played a full game all year!

I'm guessing you are talking about Gilmer's starters haven't played a full game all year. If the coach is worried about his players haveing not played a full game, he should have scheduled pre-district games against tough teams. If Gilmer is as good as yall say they are, they should play some power house 4A schools or some lower level 5A schools and that would get them ready for the 3A playoffs and they wont lose in the early rounds like they did last year. I am not sold on Gilmer being as good as yall say they are untill they win the state championship or go deep into the playoffs.

I'm guessing you are talking about Gilmer's starters haven't played a full game all year. If the coach is worried about his players haveing not played a full game, he should have scheduled pre-district games against tough teams. If Gilmer is as good as yall say they are, they should play some power house 4A schools or some lower level 5A schools and that would get them ready for the 3A playoffs and they wont lose in the early rounds like they did last year. I am not sold on Gilmer being as good as yall say they are untill they win the state championship or go deep into the playoffs.

What a surprise! ANOTHER comment about LAST year! THIS team is better than last year. Go to the White Oak game, and see for urself. This won't be pretty! Tatum, Richwood, Atlanta and Daingerfield are all good teams. I hope White Oak DOES'NT

run the clock, let the kids get some xtra practice in!

Gilmer 70

White Oak 6

Wow I didnt think Coach Traylor would be that upset but I understand why he is. I mean if they were gonna run it then they should have made it 12 minute quarters and stopped it after touchdowns. That ate up atleast 3 or 4 minutes each touchdown. Oh well there nothing that we can do about it now. Goodluck Gilmer. White Oak shouldnt run the clock.

Guest Bear_Den
if you scheduled Atlanta and Tatum and a team from Louisiana who is supposed to be one of the better private schools... would you think that is easy scheduling? Come on it's not like they scheduled slappy teams in non-district. And they did scrimmage Kilgore.

I agree. Everyone always says how Gilmer schedules easy teams. For 1, you can't choose your district. And 2nd, the teams that were chosen for pre-district are teams that are known for having a good ball club.

Basically, Gilmer is just good and there's nothing anyone can do about it except try to beat them.

I agree. Everyone always says how Gilmer schedules easy teams. For 1, you can't choose your district. And 2nd, the teams that were chosen for pre-district are teams that are known for having a good ball club.

Basically, Gilmer is just good and there's nothing anyone can do about it except try to beat them.

Gilmer really needs to step up and play some 4A schools in pre-district like, Jackksonville, Hallsville, Texas High,Mt. Pleasant and Kilgore. Scrimmages dont really count. It would really benefit Gilmer so that they go farther into the play-offs and maybee get another ring.

Gilmer plays a solid pre-distict schedule and they can't help that the district competition is not up to their level. Last year they lost to the eventual state champ in a very close contest and did win the state title in 04. I think Gilmer has proven themselves as a consistent winner and unfortunately they can't win state every year.

I agree...Gilmer needs to play teams like Jacksonville, Hallsville, Kilgore, Texas High and maybe some smaller 5A schools. They really need to play teams that will give them four quarters.

I agree...Gilmer needs to play teams like Jacksonville, Hallsville, Kilgore, Texas High and maybe some smaller 5A schools. They really need to play teams that will give them four quarters.

You are exactly right! Nobody knew the Tatum game would turn out the way it did. I can see the reasoning behind the Center and Sabine games, both were down by over 50 @ the half. I would'nt expect ANY of the remaining teams in their district run the clock anyway. If Coach Traylor is SO worried about playing time, my advice is DON'T pull the starters out until the 4th quarter. If its 50 - 0 @ the half Friday, have them play the 3rd. but like I said earlier, nobody needs to come on here crying that Gilmer ran up the score. If thats the case, have the defense to stop them.

I'm not sure how many of the teams you mentioned above could they play in one season? A couple per year but I do not see them scheduling 4 or so. Do you think they would be able to compete with those teams, especially with some 5A's added in, year in and year out. If you schedule too many of the more powerful teams you will have to worry about getting beat down and injured. I now you can play smaller schools and still get players hurt. Playing some bigger/stronger programs would prepare them for District as long as they don't over do it.

Do you think they would be able to compete with those teams, especially with some 5A's added in? Do you really think they could play year in and year our against Texas High?

Yes. I think they could definitely compete with those teams. Beat all of them(?), I don't know. If they did play these 4A teams mentioned, at least the starters could play all 4 quarters. I think that is the point. Come playoff time, the starters will actually HAVE to play all 4 quarters and the question is: will they be able to go all out for a full game? When the schedules were finalized in '06, the Buckeyes pre-district schedule looked formidable, at least on paper, and it just didn't turn out that way. This year is a little different with 4 of Gilmer's 5 pre-district opponents probably making the playoffs. I do think Coach Traylor will schedule some 4A squads next year, at least 1, maybe 2, depending on district realignment.

Ok, I have waited a long time to post on this topic, because I am torn , I am a Gilmer Buckeye fan, having graduated from there, I also live in White Oak, so I do support the Roughnecks, not like should probably but I do and will do so more once my kids start school , they are now nearly yo and 22 months. I will not hide the fact that now I want the Buckeyes to win and even if my sons were playing against Gilmer I would have a hard time rooting against Gilmer, but that is something I do not have to worry about for some time. I have as much respect for Jeff Traylor as anyone, I have known him since he was a young little Buckeye, I know he will not let this game get out of hand but he has players that need to get their work in Gilmer most likely will win but you never know , I just want class to be shown from both sides of the field(and I am POSITIVE that will happen !) and no injuries . As some one who has interest in both sides of this game , I am proud to say I have connections to two of the most proud programs in East Texas . IN closing GO BUCKEYES! HANG IN THERE 'NECKS!

I don't think many of the 4A's around here want to play Gilmer. They know they may get beat and if they do win it is just a 3A team they beat ,so they can't win either way. I'm sure Coach Traylor would love to play Kilgore, Hallsville or anyone in that district. He probably wouldn't want to play all 4A's in pre-district but 2 or 3 would be good.

Let me get my 2 cents in.....I think that Gilmer should suit up the 8th graders against WO's varsity....lol....

Gilmer's 8th grade - 27

WO's varsity - 23

That's for the individual that said WO could beat Daingerfield...... :happy65:

Justin Johnson most likely will not touch the ball in this game, same for a couple of other runningbacks, so look for the ss back Jeremy Jackson to rack up big yards. Running the clock or not this game unfortunately will be ugly by band time! Traylor will probably keep the horses running for a full 3 qtrs and maybe 1/2 of the fouth, he has no choice, with the playoffs, starting to get close!

Gilmer 70-7

IF WHITE OAK HAS THE BALL AND CONTROLLS IT GILMER CANT SCORE :happy65: :happy65: :happy65:

SO LETS GO WHITE OAK MOVE THE BALL!!!!!! SHOW THIS SPRING HILL BUNCH ITS NOT OVER YET. YOU MAY NOT WIN BUT GIVE YOUR BEST THAT IS ALL WE (AS FANS ) ASK.

IF WHITE OAK HAS THE BALL AND CONTROLLS IT GILMER CANT SCORE :happy65: :happy65: :happy65:

SO LETS GO WHITE OAK MOVE THE BALL!!!!!! SHOW THIS SPRING HILL BUNCH ITS NOT OVER YET. YOU MAY NOT WIN BUT GIVE YOUR BEST THAT IS ALL WE (AS FANS ) ASK.

why dont you move on and leave Spring Hill out of this. You are gonna be on the same field with gilmer. Yes your school played a better game against the panthers than most thought but once again its a big time rival and both teams get up for that. Its over get ready for this week and stop being jealous of Spring Hill just because we beat white oak two years in a row who knows next year may be yalls turn in all the sports. Also go support you girls volleyball they are outstanding this year

Guest Bear_Den
I don't think many of the 4A's around here want to play Gilmer. They know they may get beat and if they do win it is just a 3A team they beat ,so they can't win either way. I'm sure Coach Traylor would love to play Kilgore, Hallsville or anyone in that district. He probably wouldn't want to play all 4A's in pre-district but 2 or 3 would be good.

I disagree. THey are not just a 3A team when they go up against a 4A team. They are the 2004 State Champs and a school that sends at least 3-4 kids a year to top division 1 schools around the nation to play football.

They are also, yearly, a top 10 ranked team in the state of Texas.

When they played Tatum, no one thought, "Tatum's just a 2A team anyway"