I would like to thank Coach______ for being not only my Coach, but being a great person also.

Guest Huck

well mine would have to be now retired coach from a small east texas school of shelbyville. Coach Buddy Pierce. Coach Pierce was a great role model for me. To me he was my father....Point blank he made winners out of us, not just on the field but in life. If it hadn't been for his teachings and how to press forward when the going gets tough there is no telling where I might have ended up.

So thanks Coach Pierce.

Robert Wilson - my freshman coach at Lee and Biff Peterson. (he was head baseball coach before he was head football coach)

Both men rode me hard, but did it the right way. They never compromised their character or integrity in any thing they did.

Coach Wilson was too old school for Lee. Not sure where he ended up, but he was a classic.

the late Carl Andress- TVCC-- Big A--- gave me my shot and made me D-I/NFL (for a short while) caliber player.

I will second that one. I would not be a coach today without the leadership of Big A. There is not a day goes by that I do not think of the lessons I learned from him.

For the Spring Hill boys:I still think of these guys every day.

Steve Gaddis- Still there for me today.

Lynn Heflin- As Christian a man as there ever was.

Dennis Hedrick- No better role model on dedication to family.

Maurice Cook- What everyone wanted to be like when they grew up, what a role model.

Mike Beall- You always knew what was expected of you and what your responsibilites were.

Mike Cranford- Probably the best disciplinarian as I have ever had. No one i knew ever wanted to be the one to let him down. He was tough, but we knew he loved us.

Tammy Bailey- I loved her to death.

well mine would have to be now retired coach from a small east texas school of shelbyville. Coach Buddy Pierce. Coach Pierce was a great role model for me. To me he was my father....Point blank he made winners out of us, not just on the field but in life. If it hadn't been for his teachings and how to press forward when the going gets tough there is no telling where I might have ended up.

So thanks Coach Pierce.

My brother played for Buddy 'Rusty' Pierce and Jerry Reed, from Shelbyville two men that he admired alot.

The late James Cameron was the best coach that I had ever been associated with. He brought the whole school together and supported every sport, boys and girls. SS thrived while he was at the helm.

Not sure what his complete coaching record was. He was at Kilgore from 1982 to 1988 with a 55-22-2 record. Came to SS in '89 and compiled a 57-15-1 record before his death in 1995. I know he had more than 200 wins in his carear as a head coach, I think it was in the 220's or 230's.

Ill Have to say Coach Robert Bouge From Chapel Hill 85-87 he didnt go out and win a championship or anything like that but he was a champion.

Ill never forget him because if it wernt for him i wouldnt be who i am today.

I moved from Gainsville to Lewisville to Sherman and finaly Chapel Hill from about 80-84. Finaly settled down there and was going nowhere fast. Hanging out with all the wrong crowd playing with drugs tyring to smoke and if i could have gotten my hands on alcohol probably would have.

One day while i was in the blowoff class of P.E. Coach Bouge came in and called me over to him. He just plainly said what are you doing in P.E ?

I gave him the Universal answer among all teens today (I dont Know) . Well he said you are going to play football next year and i said ok. as if i had a say!

We were a sad team prior to that at least 3 0-10 seasons and very poor school spirit . The next year i was a Junior and i started on the Jv and had some of the best times of my Life. The varsity still went 0-10. The next year I was on varsity as the starting center and backup defensive end. we went 5-5 and barley missed the playoffs with a loss to Athens the last game of the season.I always credit Coach bouge for turning things around for Chapel Hill And Myself.

Thanks Coach Bouge

LarryRussell

Senior 86

I gotta say Coach Paul Frye.......I know everybody has mixed feelings about him but this man is a good man! he came to a low class 2a school to take over a suffering football team on his shoulders and lift them up.....im sure he didnt have the outcome he was hoping for but i couldnt tell you what kind of impact he made on us, our family, and our community!! we won our first game and we didnt have much luck the next few games but you have no idea the feeling we got when we looked into the croud aned saw so many fans up in the stands, home or away, cheerin their hearts out for us!! Coach Frye also helped me and my family on a much more personal level and he andmy family both know what he did and we greatly appreciate it!! i was very impressed at how he ALWAYS said a prayer on the field before and after the game.......not only for us but the other team as well.........to me that showed how much he cared for us....risking basically his job by praying for us.....he showed us alot of love and got close with each one of us.....showing care for us and even offering tutoring after practice everyday to make sure we all passed.....he always gave us the "STUDENT athelete" speech after practice at the end of the 6 weeks lol!! he made a bigimpact on my life and i just want to say thank you.....Coach Frye and Good luck with everything!!

GO PANTHERS

Jason Carlile who coached at Cushing 2005-2006 made a huge difference in my life; he taught me the game of basketball and helped me make many decisions that have helped me dramatically down the road.. Also another Coach who is now the Principal, Michael Davis. He was my Jr high and Jv basketball coach. He led me in the right direction with God and other choices in my life, and yet still today they're always there for me.

Coach Reid Waller, Henderson 2002-2006 4 seasons, great Christian man and a wonderful coach. Really understood the game and how to relate it to student-athletes. Cared about us as over all people instead of just his players. Even though we sturggled immensley during his tenure, it never affected his rapor with us. He was and is the reason I am getting into coaching football myself.

i have to say that my old 8th. grade football coach in henderson carl malone impacted my life was a great coach and teacher always gave me encouragement...

haha Kenneth Malone, Henderson would be real famous if Karl Malone was the coach haha

Coach Brian Keith from Arp has been like a second father to me! He has taught me so much when it comes to life in general. He has motivated me to be so much more than just an athlete! He always preached about being champions on and off the court and I will never forget that! Anytime my head was hanging he always said something to encourage me and the rest of the team and it wasnt always about basketball. He is such a great coach and he will always be so much more of a great person!

Guest RRHoochieKoo
Jason Carlile who coached at Cushing 2005-2006 made a huge difference in my life; he taught me the game of basketball and helped me make many decisions that have helped me dramatically down the road.. Also another Coach who is now the Principal, Michael Davis. He was my Jr high and Jv basketball coach. He led me in the right direction with God and other choices in my life, and yet still today they're always there for me.

Have known Jason for most of his life. Great person, father and husband. I'm not suprised he's had a postitive influence on someones life.

He misses coaching but the money is a lot better being a landman.

My coach made me sit out for 30 days when I transferred from Spring Hill to Gilmer. It was mandatory that I use this time to proliferate my 'do in order to officially fit in with the rest of the team. Willie Darden had the nicest 'fro on the team, but I wasn't far behind:

oggiefro.jpg

Oggie

The late Neville Spiers. He coached at Henderson, JT, RE Lee, Tyler Jr. College, TK Gorman, Ft. WOrth Nolan. He was the best coach I have ever known, a defensive mastermind, a players coach, respected by many, great teacher. Taught me everything about football, and Life. He was a wonderful man, with a big heart. He wasnt just a friend, but he was my father.