Will Texas A&M keep Coach Fran or is he gone?!?!

I disagree, respectfully, with the idea that the Aggies need to make a big splash with Fran's replacement. They've tried the big splash route - and it got them Fran. I suggest they find some young, hungry offensive coordinator, who can both bring the Aggies into the 21st century of NCAA football, and inspire the players. Look at OU when they hired Stoops - no one had heard of him. In fact, there is a rumor that the Aggies are looking at Stoops current offensive coordinator. I really don't care, as long as we get someone that can install a modern offense, actually recruit passers and receivers (instead of repelling them), and bring the speed back to the defense...I know, that's a Tall order.

I disagree, respectfully, with the idea that the Aggies need to make a big splash with Fran's replacement. They've tried the big splash route - and it got them Fran. I suggest they find some young, hungry offensive coordinator, who can both bring the Aggies into the 21st century of NCAA football, and inspire the players. Look at OU when they hired Stoops - no one had heard of him. In fact, there is a rumor that the Aggies are looking at Stoops current offensive coordinator. I really don't care, as long as we get someone that can install a modern offense, actually recruit passers and receivers (instead of repelling them), and bring the speed back to the defense...I know, that's a Tall order.

Good post and I agree. As far as Tuberville and Spurrier, does anybody really think coming to A&M would be a step up for either of them? I just don't see it.

Good post and I agree. As far as Tuberville and Spurrier, does anybody really think coming to A&M would be a step up for either of them? I just don't see it.

I really don't either. We have to be honest with ourselves here; we're not OU, we're not LSU, we're not on that level. We're not going to get that kind of coaching talent if we're trying to shoot for the big dogs.

I completely agree we should shoot for a hungry unknown. It's a better gamble, imo.

As far as tuberville or spurrier it would be a lateral move, but the reason people think they will come is the problems they have with their superiors. It's been noted that tuberville and the auburn board have clashed. Spurrier also called out the south carolina board back in august for enrollment policies. Both are longshots in my book, but they may be willing to make a lateral move for a change of scenery. I personally am pulling for muschamp, the Auburn DC.