Pre-game meals

redneeck95

And you can tell the UIL that it was offered to everyone but for some reason only football players showed up.

Amazing how the UIL can be so specific on a rule but can't figure out how to make the different classifications more equitable- make 6 classes or divide into small and big school before setting the districts.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bleedsbluengold24
And you can tell the UIL that it was offered to everyone but for some reason only football players showed up.

I suppose that might work, until you make the playoffs, someone from another school finds out, turns you in and your team misses the playoffs because the booster club knowingly violated a UIL rule. As the result, you're ostacized from by the booster club (distancing itself from you), the school (because you're a cheater), and the community (because you cost the team its first playoff berth since leather helmets).

Amazing how the UIL can be so specific on a rule but can't figure out how to make the different classifications more equitable- make 6 classes or divide into small and big school before setting the districts.

On that you and I agree emphatically.

• 5 years later...

Same goes for Volleyball having one district and football another. Play football in one town an VB another.

On that you and I agree emphatically.

What do some of your booster clubs or schools serve for pre-game meals for the football team?

What about during the playoffs?

Trying to get some ideas. I realize that the booster clubs must charge an athlete for their meal.

We usually feed them Peanut Butter & Jelly, Ham and Turkey sandwiches, fruits like grapes, banana's, apples, pickle spears. We try to feed them right after school, our boys eat lunch about 11 am so it's a long time before the after game meal paid for by the school.

We use to get fed ham, potatoes, salad, and green beans.Other years we got baked potatoes and all the fixins. Coach would say if you can't handle chilli don't eat it.

Good stuff there.

We used to eat salad, chicken fried steak, potatoes, mac n cheese... Every Friday after pep rally as a team.

The good ol days.

King size snickers and a Monster energy drink. If they are still hungry after that, give em some chili cheese fries with jalepenos washed down with a Mt. Dew. Feed them all of this about 15 minutes before the game starts...after warm ups.

LOL! That funny!

We had a few guys that would hit the field house for about a 30 minute "you know what" before the games. There was one guy that smelled so bad doing his business the coaches would make him go over to the visitors side to do his thing before the other team arrived. We would always turn on the vents and the fans .... I can still smell the air. :lol:

Good stuff there.

We used to eat salad, chicken fried steak, potatoes, mac n cheese... Every Friday after pep rally as a team.

The good ol days.

Yep, then race to the field house to get dibs on a toilet so you wouldn't be going in behind the likes of someone that would tear the toilet up...lol

Lots of things you can feed them as you see. You need to feed them about 4 hours before kickoff.....gives the food time to digest but not let a new hunger set in.

We use to eat about 3 and a half hours before the game. At home games, we would all go into the weight room and take a nap on the mat. Thinking back on it, I don't think anyone ever fell asleep, too much talking and having a good time.

Back in the day at Daingerfield, we would always stop at the DQ for chicken fried steaks on away games. On home games you were on your own. We usually went to Stella's in Jenkins to get a double bacon cheeseburger and fries. Then we would go back to the field house like DirtyBird said and chill.

Back in the day at Daingerfield, we would always stop at the DQ for chicken fried steaks on away games. On home games you were on your own. We usually went to Stella's in Jenkins to get a double bacon cheeseburger and fries. Then we would go back to the field house like DirtyBird said and chill.

I can remember one week during my senior year, several of my teammates came to my house to grab a sandwich. My mom had made a pound cake for a wedding shower she had the next day. She got home and found an empty plate. But half the team wanted to hug her after the game.

U.I.L rules state you cannot provide a meal during the season as a booster club. However your booster club can donate money to the "school" to help cover cost for out of town meals.

And yet the UIL allows a couple of schools in the state to provide scholarships worth thousands of dollars to kids who participate in athletics or other UIL events. But if I give a kid a ride home or provide a few bucks to a kid in need to have a winter coat I could be in deep poopoo.

I love the UIL