Texas High vs Sulpher Spring

rogerpurdyjr

thats a little more sane than your other post. they're kids/young men. lets remember that. like i said in another post, congrats to SS. if they beat T-high they earned it. sounds like it was a Whale of a ball game. must have been awesome to be a wildcat fan tonight. like i said, i'm a huge T-high fan but SS earned this one tonight from the sound of it. :thumbsup:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Sulphur Springs....a very worthy district champion. It was a great game & I'll have to give the

game ball to the Wildcats' offensive line and their defense. I was surprised that THigh completely changed some

of the basic sets both offensively & defensively in this game, which tells me the coaches were worried indeed.

I surely wasn't surprised that SS scored 28, but was a little that THigh only put up 24. And like somebody said

before, 1 score was on a trick play & another on a return.

I'm still not sure what happened on the last play of the 1st half (I couldn't see from my angle), but that certainly

did not decide the game. Sulphur Springs won it......Texas High did not lose it.

SS played a great game!!! Make no mistakes the best team won!! Brittan Diamond is a stud!! His second touchdown was awesome!! TH best play was holding. They did really good at it all night!!! Refs never called it.

Oh brother.....you can't even enjoy your win without whining. Get a life.

I'm still not sure what happened on the last play of the 1st half (I couldn't see from my angle), but that certainly

did not decide the game. Sulphur Springs won it......Texas High did not lose it.

I could not tell either, but the ref was right on top of it so I would think he got it right.

Oh brother.....you can't even enjoy your win without whining. Get a life.

Not whining just stating what I saw! Refs were not very good! But they did not decide the game! I can state my opinion without you the master of the board putting me down!!!!

TH is for real, but SS is to. I hope this will win over the respect of all the people that have doubted SS. This was not a fluke game, both teams laid everything out. Ironically, the SS defense that everyone has said is no good, one the game. They pretty much shut TH down. TH scored 1 TD on a kick return and the other on a fake field goal. SS defense stopped them twice late in the 4th. SS controlled the game, the offense beat them with short passes, Rollison did a excellent job of picking up blitzs, tucking the ball and running, great scrambling, he made TH miss alot of tackels.

PantherUncle, I am going to have to spend alot of time looking up your posts. How do you like your crow cooked?

SS played with a lot of emotion and effort tonight. Not so sure that the THS coaches knew what they wanted to do offensively. In reality, the difference in this game was the TD that never was at the end of the second quarter and the refs also letting a couple obvious infractions go that favored SS and used the flag to stop the flow of the game at the end of the second quarter and then say "sorry, no penalty". Who was the homer who operated the clock who repeatedly was running the clock down after the refs had called timeouts after first downs and out of bounds plays? That stunk up the place. That allowed SS an opportunity to retool their strategy which did'nt work so the refs took a TD away in a play that turned the game in SS's favor. SS played above their heads tonight and that is what it took to have a chance to win. Like some other posters have said, you had better get your shots in this year. Yeah, SS will have its QB back next year and they will play hard with the confidence that a district title will bring but it won't make any difference. SS, you got your shot in this year. See you next year at Grim. Beam me up out of this stench Scotty! :alien:

I think people from SS should get to talk some smack for awhile. I have read all week about how TH was going to knock our poor little country boys out!!! I think SS layed the wood to those city boys all night long.

We have had to listen to how great and dominant the Tigers are for years now. How does it feel to be on the other side. I am with Oldskool. You NL Panthers better get on a new hero worship trip because we have dethroned the Champion!!!!!

Not whining just stating what I saw! Refs were not very good! But they did not decide the game! I can state my opinion without you the master of the board putting me down!!!!

Since you elected me Master, let me ask you a question. Where were you before the game. I don't remember you

posting at all. Afraid to give an opinion, but enjoy crowing when you win? Perhaps you should enter the discussion

more & express some confidence in your team BEFORE the game.

TH is for real, but SS is to. I hope this will win over the respect of all the people that have doubted SS. This was not a fluke game, both teams laid everything out. Ironically, the SS defense that everyone has said is no good, one the game. They pretty much shut TH down. TH scored 1 TD on a kick return and the other on a fake field goal. SS defense stopped them twice late in the 4th. SS controlled the game, the offense beat them with short passes, Rollison did a excellent job of picking up blitzs, tucking the ball and running, great scrambling, he made TH miss alot of tackels.

PantherUncle, I am going to have to spend alot of time looking up your posts. How do you like your crow cooked?

SS played with a lot of emotion and effort tonight. Not so sure that the THS coaches knew what they wanted to do offensively. In reality, the difference in this game was the TD that never was at the end of the second quarter and the refs also letting a couple obvious infractions go that favored SS and used the flag to stop the flow of the game at the end of the second quarter and then say "sorry, no penalty". Who was the homer who operated the clock who repeatedly was running the clock down after the refs had called timeouts after first downs and out of bounds plays? That stunk up the place. That allowed SS an opportunity to retool their strategy which did'nt work so the refs took a TD away in a play that turned the game in SS's favor. SS played above their heads tonight and that is what it took to have a chance to win. Like some other posters have said, you had better get your shots in this year. Yeah, SS will have its QB back next year and they will play hard with the confidence that a district title will bring but it won't make any difference. SS, you got your shot in this year. See you next year at Grim. Beam me up out of this stench Scotty! :alien:

Since you elected me Master, let me ask you a question. Where were you before the game. I don't remember you

posting at all. Afraid to give an opinion, but enjoy crowing when you win? Perhaps you should enter the discussion

more & express some confidence in your team BEFORE the game.

Sorry master I will ask you next time when and what time I can post. I have talked about SS on here for years just was sitting back enjoying the banter. I think others from SS have done fine expressing opionions.

Doggy is being a sore looser, SS just outplayed them. There is 2:03 on the clock, TH scrambled and made a few yards and the clocked ticked down to 1:55 before the timeout and they reset it to 2:01? Looked like the refs were trying to help TH out. There were a lot of calls that were missed on both sides, they basically just let them play. Just admit that TH was outplayed by SS. SS has size and speed too, SS hits hard too and they did it better than TH did, that is why they are the disctric champs. Maybe you need go play with Dr. Spok

im gonna hafta take a lil bit of crow..i called for a t high victory....i was really suprised with how well ss played this game...t high never had a lead...rollison make some of those t high defenders look like pansies....but t highs defense had their share of hard hits...im givin the game ball half to the ss defense for their final stand, and the other half to the ss kicker oscar marroquin for that beastly hit...i was not expecting a hit like that from a soccer player...very exciting game..if u missed it, then u should hate yourself..it was a great game...the fans were really into it...my throat is incredibly sore and im completely drained! good luck to t high in the playoffs..u will rep 11-4a well!!

Are you serious????? SS had several calls that went against them that were questionable calls. I've never seen so many "no flags" for a team jumping offsides as TH did at least 10 times. SS played old fashion football. They didin't have to rely on trick plays to score touchdowns !!! TH is a good team, but they got out played on both sides of the ball. Too may hands on the hips for TH. They got exhausted quick and couldn't keep up with the pace of the Wildcats.

Doggy is being a sore looser, SS just outplayed them. There is 2:03 on the clock, TH scrambled and made a few yards and the clocked ticked down to 1:55 before the timeout and they reset it to 2:01? Looked like the refs were trying to help TH out. There were a lot of calls that were missed on both sides, they basically just let them play. Just admit that TH was outplayed by SS. SS has size and speed too, SS hits hard too and they did it better than TH did, that is why they are the disctric champs. Maybe you need go play with Dr. Spok

Since that is your position, then why did'nt the refs just run the clock. It pretty clear to me that some one in the pressbox was deliberately cheating. The only reason that the refs corrected it is that they did not want their bias to be so obvious. Maybe you should learn how to spell. Its spelled Dr. Spock, Einstein. Why would the refs be trying to help out THS when the clock operator was screwing up? Being fair and unbiased is the refs job, not helping someone out. Just telling the truth about this game and just like always, you can't handle the truth. Sulphur Springs Texas, the home of the district 11 4A champions and also the home of the cheating refs who at the same time are helping THS out, and the cheating clock operator. Yes you have a lot to be proud of. I don't mind taking a loss. It is not the first one nor will it be the last. But this one completely stunk up the place. The odor reminds me of the chicken houses over in Pittsburgh or the stockyards in Ft. Worth. Beam me up Scotty! :alien:

Since that is your position, then why did'nt the refs just run the clock. It pretty clear to me that some one in the pressbox was deliberately cheating. The only reason that the refs corrected it is that they did not want their bias to be so obvious. Maybe you should learn how to spell. Its spelled Dr. Spock, Einstein. Why would the refs be trying to help out THS when the clock operator was screwing up? Being fair and unbiased is the refs job, not helping someone out. Just telling the truth about this game and just like always, you can't handle the truth. Sulphur Springs Texas, the home of the district 11 4A champions and also the home of the cheating refs who at the same time are helping THS out, and the cheating clock operator. Yes you have a lot to be proud of. I don't mind taking a loss. It is not the first one nor will it be the last. But this one completely stunk up the place. The odor reminds me of the chicken houses over in Pittsburgh or the stockyards in Ft. Worth. Beam me up Scotty! :alien:

Are you going to let me eat it cooked ? I figured as much as i have coming i would have to eat it raw. You serve it anyway you want. Congratulations to the Sulphur Springs Wildcats. They are, and deserve to be 11-4A District Champions. I have never been more wrong. SS IS FOR REAL !!!!!!!

Doggy, why are you the only TH fan saying that we cheated? Sorry that I don't how to spell the names of space alien hobbies, maybe I can take an online class to educate me. Say what you will, I was at the game too and TH just flat out got beat the whole game, we still stopped the run even with TH o-line holding the way they did.

I said in earlier posts that SS would have run quick short routes and that Rollison would need to tuck and run the ball. He kept TH defense off balance all night. SS is just good and that was proven tonight, but there are whiners like you that can't accept, so you start making excuses. SS was flagged way more than TH. The refs, nor the clock guy cost TH the game, TH was just not quiet good enough. It was just too much SS.

Some of you guys are really sad!! This was by far one of the best games of the year. Both teams played hard. SS came out playing lights out. Got tricked on a few plays. But still played like crazy. THigh threw everything you could think of at them. Yet they responded.

The refs had nothing to do with the outcome of this game. I liked the way they let them play, even though some calls would have swayed either side. The score clock was ran like it was supposed to be ran. If a change needed to be made then the refs fixed it.

The play before the half was NOT a touchdown. He was clearly short from my angle and what I was told by people that were right on it.

Regardless SS fans and team enjoy the heck out of this victory. Dog on you and your friends may be right we haven't won a DC in a while we are going to enjoy the heck out of it. There will always be a next year and if T High would have won SS would be saying the same thing.

T High you played a great game.

Congrats SS!!!! Like some else said both teams will represent 11-4a proudly.

Come on man.. mature up!!! Odor like chicken houses??? That's silly.

The play before the half was NOT a touchdown. He was clearly short from my angle and what I was told by people that were right on it.

i was sitting in the ss student section down at that endzone almost right across from that play...and i can honestly tell u that he was clearly not in...he was about a yard or two short...and again i say...CLEARLY!