Palestine or Westwood [ Play-offs ]

There is no way that both can go to the Playoffs

If Westwood beats Groesbeck at home and Madisonville beats Mexia at home , Westwood is in because of points and Palestine is out.

If Mexia beats Madisoville then Palestine is in because the beat Westwood . ( Both will be ties for 3rd )

How do you think it is going to play out ?

Ok here is the best way I know to explain it:

Madisonville and Mexia are in for sure---

Palestine is in with (1) a Palestine win AND a Westwood loss to Groesbeck (2) a Palestine win AND a Madisonville loss to Mexia

Westwood is in with (1) a Westwood win AND a Madisonville win over Mexia

There is a kicker here, and I'm not sure what the answer is.... If Mexia beats Madisonville, putting both at 4-1, and Palestine loses, putting them at 2-3, and Groesbeck beats Westwood putting them both at 2-3, there is a three-way tie for 3rd with Palestine, Westwood and Groesbeck!!!

Also another scenario for Westwood to get in is a Westwood win and a Palestine loss to Fairfield

Ok Im still not quite clear on how if WW wins and Palestine wins, WW is in? Now they both will finish with the same record and Palestine beat WW so how do they get in over Palestine? A little help please????

Here's one thing for sure. No matter which one gets in, they will be playing Diboll. Personally, I'm pullin' for Palestine. We owe them a butt-kickin'! :devil:

If Madisonville and Palestine and Westwood win.

Palestine 3-2

Westwood 3-2

Mexia 3-2

You would then go by points between these teams games. 14 is the max you can earn or lose by.

Points total by school

Mexia + 11 Lost to Westwood by 3 but beat Palestine 42-17

Westwood - 0 Beat Mexia by 3 but lost to Palestine by by 3

Palestine -11 beat Westwood by 3 but lost to Mexia by 25 ( only 14 counts towards points )

Mexia gets second and Westwood gets 3rd.

I SAY WW JUST GO OUT WITH A BANG!!!!AND LET THE CHIPS FALL...."POUND" THE GOATS AND LET MEXIA TAKE CARE OF PALESTINE!!!!!! NUFF SAID.....NO MORE TALK...DO IT AND HOPE FOR THER BEST...BEST OF LUCK TO DJ ,GRAYLON AND THE TWINS.......YOU HAVE WORKED HARD...YOU DESERVE A CHANCE TO THE PLAY-OFFS.

OH GATA Mexia has already taken care of Palestine. Westwood needs Madisonville to take care of Mexia and Westwood beat the Goats and evrything will be good for Westwood. Now if Palestine wants to hit rock bottom and lose to Fairfield that will put the Wood in also.

If Madisonville and Palestine and Westwood win.

Palestine 3-2

Westwood 3-2

Mexia 3-2

You would then go by points between these teams games. 14 is the max you can earn or lose by.

Points total by school

Mexia + 11 Lost to Westwood by 3 but beat Palestine 42-17

Westwood - 0 Beat Mexia by 3 but lost to Palestine by by 3

Palestine -11 beat Westwood by 3 but lost to Mexia by 25 ( only 14 counts towards points )

Mexia gets second and Westwood gets 3rd.

that points system is weird, but if it helps Westwood make the playoffs, then i'm all for it! who devised this kind of system? isn't there an easier way?

GO PANTHERS