Is this the worst Nebraska team ever

KirtFalcon

yes they're horrible...bad thing is no one has forgotten all those whoopin's they used to take from NU.....so now everyones bringin the woodshed when they play Nebraska

They're bad, very bad.

I was watching them again today (and I'll always watch them) and I started thinking about this...

*Almost intercepted

*Just off his finger-tips

*Just shy of the first down

*Just couldn't quite break the tackle

*Tripped up by the shoe laces

All of the above is a team that's just not good enough.

They're very young on defense---but once a team finds a weakness, everyone else finds the same weakness.

KU had their day, but one game doesn't make up for 90-years of being hammered.

Just like if Nebraska's basketball team upsets KU---it won't make-up for the Jayhawks beating Nebraska year-in and year-out.

The key is whether someone can sustain it.

Nebraska did that from the early-60's through the middle of this decade.

They're taking a beating now---and I'm fine with that---because I can look back at 40-plus years of greatness, including five national titles.

They will turn this around, just like everyone else that's a powerhouse football program.

Texas, OU, Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, and whoever else you want to add...they've all been through some very tough times.

Osborne's decision, whenever that comes will be crucial because they sure can't afford to become like everyone else and become a rotating coaching carousel.

I think that's sometimes overlooked because the one thing NU always had was stability, and they've lost that, and with that a lot of their tradition.

Smoaky

They're bad, very bad.

I was watching them again today (and I'll always watch them) and I started thinking about this...

*Almost intercepted

*Just off his finger-tips

*Just shy of the first down

*Just couldn't quite break the tackle

*Tripped up by the shoe laces

All of the above is a team that's just not good enough.

They're very young on defense---but once a team finds a weakness, everyone else finds the same weakness.

KU had their day, but one game doesn't make up for 90-years of being hammered.

Just like if Nebraska's basketball team upsets KU---it won't make-up for the Jayhawks beating Nebraska year-in and year-out.

The key is whether someone can sustain it.

Nebraska did that from the early-60's through the middle of this decade.

They're taking a beating now---and I'm fine with that---because I can look back at 40-plus years of greatness, including five national titles.

They will turn this around, just like everyone else that's a powerhouse football program.

Texas, OU, Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, LSU, Tennessee, and whoever else you want to add...they've all been through some very tough times.

Osborne's decision, whenever that comes will be crucial because they sure can't afford to become like everyone else and become a rotating coaching carousel.

I think that's sometimes overlooked because the one thing NU always had was stability, and they've lost that, and with that a lot of their tradition.

Smoaky

Yes i agree that it doesnt make up for 90 years of beat downs but in todays age its "what have you done for me lately".....people have an attention span of milliseconds....and if they are going to turn it around they dont need recruits watching them get hammered week in and week out...or they will sustain these losing ways.....

the 2004 team was worse, but not by much, their offense was completely futile, and it was totally Callahan's fault for making the offense go from one extreme to another extreme, without the QB to do it. The defense that year was also capable of giving up 70, just ask Sonny Cumbie and Jarrett Hicks, one of my favorite games of all-time