Palestine's Adrian Peterson Breaks NFL Single-Game Rushing Record...

Wish I would have got his autograph back when I saw him play at Palestine. Stupid, Stupid me.

I've still got an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper that Adrian Peterson signed NINE times when he did his signature for our annual football section his senior year of high school. He practiced signing it until he found one he liked, then we scanned it on the front of the section.

It's not flawless by any means, but it's sweet looking. The more and more he keeps this up, the more I'm tempted to put it on eBay. But I'll give you first shot ... :lol:

As said before, what i bright future. I dont really see too many problems with health issues, but who knows. Should end up being one of the greats. I saw a "behind the scenes" documentary on him earlier and it's a wander he even still wants to play after all that's happened with his family and life. I really respect him and love the way he plays football. One thing his father would always tell him was to hurt the defender before he could hurt you. Great philosophy for that kind of runner and it seems to work well. Look forward to watching him continue to break records and amaze footbal fans everywhere.

Guest CNOrtega

Ladanian who?

This guy will be consensus fantasy #1 next season. Hopefully he won't be on the Madden cover, cause then it's all for naught.

Ladanian who?

This guy will be consensus fantasy #1 next season. Hopefully he won't be on the Madden cover, cause then it's all for naught.

lol surley he knows better, plus I'm sure he will be getting plenty of other deals with major sport related companys (nike, gatorade, blah blah blah) that he won't need madden

sure can't wait to get my #28 Peterson pro bowl jersey! lol

I know he is from E Texas and all but i am not ready to pass him the torch just yet. How quickly we forget how LT has dominated the NFL???? Sure he has had a down year but i can't judge AP's first good year against LT's first bad year yet. Bright future...you bet he does.

I know he is from E Texas and all but i am not ready to pass him the torch just yet. How quickly we forget how LT has dominated the NFL???? Sure he has had a down year but i can't judge AP's first good year against LT's first bad year yet. Bright future...you bet he does.

its not just LT...its the entire league...he has over 200 more rushing yards than any back in the league...

Agreed, Bigdawg, I certainly think he has in his posession the physical gifts and desire to be the best ever....Many things will have to fall into place for him over the years ~ he is going to need to stay healthy and find himself in a better situation from a stand point of balance from an offensive perspective...Despite the fact that he does not have what I would consider to be a viable threat at QB he does have a very solid offensive line that get him to the second level in a lot of instances....Related to LT ~ He has really set the bar high hasn't he ~ his "down" year has him on pace to rush for over 1300 yds and 14 TD's @ 4.2 ypc with over 60 receptions that would produce another 500 yds...Pretty impressive numbers...Just makes what AD is doing that much more impressive.....