Open a new window when you click on a thread

krpind

Please set the forum up to open a new window when you open a thread.

The way it is now, For example if you hit Smoaky.com, then forums, then highschool, then a thread, if you close that window you are off the site. Have it take you back to high school.

Just a thought that should keep people surfing here longer.

Yeah guys I know.I didn't start posting on forums yesterday. :flowers:

I know foxfire has it, but I run IE.

I know that backspace works too. I'm just too used to doing it the other way. So I forget. I bet I'm not the only one.

But is it too much trouble for this forum to be set up like most other forums to take you from the thread back to the subforum it was in? If it is disreguard this "suggestion". :)

There is a reason most forums are that way you know..... :)

Besides I sometimes minimize that window to keep up with that thread and want to look at other threads. That doesn't work in this format.

I browse a lot of forums myself ... I've yet to come across one that does what you are asking. Doesn't mean they aren't out there just means it's not necessarily the norm as you suggest. I know that Vbulletin, XMB, Invision and phpbb, just to name a few, are not programmed like that out of the box.

I prefer it as it is, it makes more sense (to me) to work from a parent window and use tabs (IE7 now has tabbed browsing- upgrade :rolleyes: ). I always hated sites that had navigation that opened each new page in a new window ... by the time you were through checking out the site you have a dozen new windows to shut down. Sloppy.

So, with all due respect to your browsing habits, we will keep it as is for the time being. :) I do strongly suggest, if you do upgrade to IE7, you reinvent your browsing habits and use the tabs. I did so some time back and am glad I did.

Daf