Justin Johnson V.S Lamichael James

cj9091

Who is the overall better player?

As far as value to the team... I think that James has it as he is pretty much their entire offense. Gilmer would still be 10-0 without Johnson.

As far as measurables... Johson has it. He's not ranked that high for no reason.

yeah James is a faster more agile back. But johnson has may more power, and he is almost the same speed as James. i would have to go with johnson

yeah James is a faster more agile back. But johnson has may more power, and he is almost the same speed as James. i would have to go with johnson

JJ would whoop LJ every time in a game.

Everyone has an opinion. I think it's like comparing Earl Campbell to Barry Sanders as far as running style in concerned. I think there's a chance you could see both in the NFL some day. James is the better all round back. He's faster, better pass catcher, better kick returner. That's why he's ranked eighth nationally as an all-purpose back. I remember Johnson running for 15 yards against L-E last year and James running crazy on the Black Flag group. That was last year.

Guest JAKEBRAKE
Everyone has an opinion. I think it's like comparing Earl Campbell to Barry Sanders as far as running style in concerned. I think there's a chance you could see both in the NFL some day. James is the better all round back. He's faster, better pass catcher, better kick returner. That's why he's ranked eighth nationally as an all-purpose back. I remember Johnson running for 15 yards against L-E last year and James running crazy on the Black Flag group. That was last year.

Where is he ranked 8th nationally? I'm not knocking the kid, he is a sight to behold, but i haven't found him anywhere on the recruiting boards, which was always surprising to me. Maybe i just overlooked him.

Where is he ranked 8th nationally? I'm not knocking the kid, he is a sight to behold, but i haven't found him anywhere on the recruiting boards, which was always surprising to me. Maybe i just overlooked him.

Try to Texas Prep Xtra. Look in their recruiting and type his name in. He's being recruited by Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Arkansas, Texas Christian

johnson was #2 in the country last year before is off the field problems

Justin Johnson is no where near as fast as LaMicheal. You guys have to be joking. James would leave Johnson in a foot race!!

James is a better back.

there's no way jj can hang with lj you may need to think twice!!!!!!!

LaMichael James reminds me alot of Darren McFadden of Arkansas. Especially this year, I think both are running TD's and throwing for TD's. They both are lightining fast! You will not catch either if they break into the open field.

It wouldn't suprise me if Arkansas tries to recruit LJ. He needs about 25 more lbs to his frame and he would really be a pheonom.

They are different types of backs, as someone else stated. They are both unbelievabe to watch. It depends on what you want to run as to who you would go with. I dont think JJ is almost as fast as LJ he is considerably slower, but that doesnt take away from his talent or the fact that he is one of the best backs in Texas. It is just that LJ is exceptionally fast. Anybody would take either one in a heartbeat.

Guest bearbacker
LaMichael James reminds me alot of Darren McFadden of Arkansas. Especially this year, I think both are running TD's and throwing for TD's. They both are lightining fast! You will not catch either if they break into the open field.

It wouldn't suprise me if Arkansas tries to recruit LJ. He needs about 25 more lbs to his frame and he would really be a pheonom.

Arkansas has already offered a scholarship to James.

Guest bearbacker

Yea....you did overlook him. Rivals has him ranked 11, down from 8 at the beginning of the season. He is ranked 37 in Texas. Johnson is ranked 22 in Texas. Clearly, they are both very good. The only thing you can do is look at their head to head performances. James ran all over Gilmer last year and Johnson was ineffective. We'll see again on Friday.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/quick...r=2008&qs=1

They are different types of backs, as someone else stated. They are both unbelievabe to watch. It depends on what you want to run as to who you would go with. I dont think JJ is almost as fast as LJ he is considerably slower, but that doesnt take away from his talent or the fact that he is one of the best backs in Texas. It is just that LJ is exceptionally fast. Anybody would take either one in a heartbeat.

Great Post! Both really are great backs...they are just 2 different types.

Can I have both............please? They are both good backs. Each has their own style. It's like comparing apples to oranges, both are equally good but totally different. I don't believe you can judge LeMichael James and Justin Johnson by what they did for their teams in a head-to-head matchup last year. First, LeMichael James did have a good game against Gilmer last year, but who didn't? Last year's Buckeye defense just wasn't very good. Justin Johnson didn't have a very good game against Liberty-Eylau last year for several reasons. First, the Leopard defense was very good last year. Besides Justin Johnson not being 100% healthy, they couldn't get their 3 or 4 most productive plays to work against a very well prepared defense. The Leopard defense took at least 3 or 4 of Gilmer's best plays away from them, with a couple of those being pass plays. Last year, the Buckeyes passed first and that would open up the run game. With the passing game not working consistently, the running game never got untracked. No excuses, last year's Liberty-Eylau defense was better than Gilmer's and that's what ultimately won that game. The Buckeyes looked a little stunned by how good Liberty-Eylau was last year, especially defensively. I look for the Leopards to try and do the same thing this year, too. Hopefully, this year, the Buckeyes will have a few special plays, just for the Leopards, to replace those plays that will be taken away.