OU at TXTech

UnknownLegend

Visorboy goes down. I loved it!! Now all OU has to do is choke one more and put Texas in the Big12 CG. Go Cowboys!!

I think, Immortal, that you might just be overlooking the UT / A&M game........the horns still gotta get past the ags.......and with the inconsistency that UT is showing this year it is still quite a possibility.......remember, its better not to count your chickens until they've hatched..... :thumbsup:

maybe Leach getting fined 10K fired up his team that he would fight for their right to have a game called properly....... and I'm gonna go ahead and beat some people to the punch with this

"An airborne receiver must maintain control of the ball if going to the ground in the process of completing a catch."

says the NCAA rulebook... there is a reason the replay took 4 seconds

I think, Immortal, that you might just be overlooking the UT / A&M game........the horns still gotta get past the ags.......and with the inconsistency that UT is showing this year it is still quite a possibility.......remember, its better not to count your chickens until they've hatched..... :thumbsup:

...i was thinking the same thing...my horns need to worry about their own game with the ags first... :zorro:

i don't think this game had anything to do with Tech being better than OU or being more fired up before the game. Bradford has carried this team all year and that completley changed the game, give credit where credit it due, Crabtree is the real deal!

Jason, I appreciate your concern for my chickens, but they seem to be hatching just fine thank you. I'm sure that you are probably not aware of this, but if OSU defeats OU, Texas does NOT have to beat aggy to play in the conference championship. How could this be you ask......

Here's the conference rule concerning a three way tie for the division lead:

(b) If three or more teams are tied, steps 1 through 7 will be followed until a determination is made. If only two teams remain tied after any step, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

The records of the three teams will be compared against each other;

The records of the three teams will be compared within their division;

The records of the three teams will be compared against the next highest placed teams in their division in order of finish - 4, 5 and 6;

The records of the three teams will be compared against all common conference opponents;

The highest ranked team in the first Bowl Championship Series Poll following the completion of Big 12 regular-season (intra-) conference play shall be the representative;

The team with the best overall winning percentage [excluding exempted games - e.g. 12th games such as Kickoff Classic, Pigskin Classic, Hawaii, etc.] shall be the representative;

The representative will be chosen by draw.

1. They'd all be 1-1 against each other.

2. They'd all be 3-2 against the division.

3. Next highest team comparisons

- 4th would be Tech. OSU and Texas are 1-0 against Tech, OU is 0-1

Once you eliminate one of the three, you fall back to head-to-head and UT beat OSU

In case you don't follow the logic, I will simplify. Texas and OSU would be tied for the best South Division record and UT would have head-to-head over OSU. Texas would get to play for the Big 12 Title.

So I say again, GO COWBOYS!!

Visorboy goes down. I loved it!! Now all OU has to do is choke one more and put Texas in the Big12 CG. Go Cowboys!!

lol..no way! we wouldnt wanna copy what ut did last season...hopefully we will have Bradford back for this game...he really makes quite a difference in the sooner offense...OSU always gives ppl a heck of a run..they have some good players and some great potential..

Bradford or not, Tech looked better than they have in a while. They were good against a solid defense. Granted Bradford may get your D a little more rest than the backup, but, he does not play a snap on the D side. Good job TT.

They did make some great plays. Crabtree after the catch is fun to watch.

I wish Leach had the stones to throw a few times while milking a lead. I bet he could've made a diamond those last 8 minutes of the game. A few first downs in the last quarter would've sealed the deal a lot earlier.

They did make some great plays. Crabtree after the catch is fun to watch.

I wish Leach had the stones to throw a few times while milking a lead. I bet he could've made a diamond those last 8 minutes of the game. A few first downs in the last quarter would've sealed the deal a lot earlier.

He was definately making diamonds. Puckered would be an understatement.

He was definately making diamonds. Puckered would be an understatement.

I know he didn't want to stop the clock, but come on, he's got quite a few safe, short pass plays. At least keep em honest and throw one or two.

Even Mackovic had the stones to throw on 4th and inches for the first Big XII championship.

Guest CNOrtega

I will say as one of the biggest if not the biggest OU supporter on SDC, that Oklahoma deserved to lose to Tech. They'll beat State and go to the Title game, but the dreams of another national title have gone by the boards.