Whitehouse - West Mesquite

jgrammer

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The type offense that WH runs is very tough to stop, they will have to come up against someone that has an excellent D-line that will put pressure on Attaway in order to be stopped. WH has a very tough D also, mainly their secondary.

WH wins this one by at least 17

DallasMorningNews - W. Mesquite hsgametime.com

Offense Passing Yds 1939 Rushing Yds 1949 / 353.4 YPG

Defense Passing Yds 1599 Rushing Yds 1541 / 285.4 YPG

avg. PF=30.8 PA=22.6

Massey has it as "pick it"-type game. Hopefully, nobody thinks this will be an easier game than SS.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?tm=371797

Calpreps has Whitehouse by a touchdown. 31-24. These teams look pretty even on paper.

WH PF=32.4 PA=21

WM PF=30.8 PA=22.6

The strength of schedule on both Calpreps and Massey is slightly in favor of WM. So, it looks like it will be another good game.

I am pulling for my new hometown Wildcats!

I broadcasted a West Mesquite game earlier this year

They run hot and cold..Some weeks they look like they can beat anyone, then they will turn around and struggle agianst an average to below average team

Sounds like WH except instead of running hot and cold from week to week, they do it from half to half all in the same game.

Football Crazy

They run hot and cold..Some weeks they look like they can beat anyone, then they will turn around and struggle agianst an average to below average team, but this team does have a good chance of beating WH

anyone, be they coaches, players or fans who think that whitehouse is going to roll over west mesquite easily needs to have their heads examined. this is the playoffs and west mesquite wouldn't be here if they hadn't earned it. in fact, they sound a great deal like the wildcats, especially the part about one week looking like they can beat anyone and the next, struggling against an average or below average team!

Whitehouse is not a hot and cold team. I would dare say that WH has not been cold once this year, even in the one loss to Kilgore the team was hot, they just got outplayed by an even hotter team. If WH were a hot/cold team they could not have pulled off a 10-1 record in 12AAAA. Lets be honest here, that district is obviously the toughest in 4A. All three teams swept the first round against stiff competition. I say all that to say this; WH will bring 110% friday night just as they have every friday night since september. WM better get some extra practice in on these holidays and hope for their best game yet to overcome WH offense and secondary. I believe a crucial element alot of people forget in WH games are the fans. WH has just about sold out every visitors section all year long, not to mention selling out four home games. Whitehouse Texas on Fridays in playoffs is an absolute ghost-town. This contributes to the energy at the stadium, letting the players know we are behind them!

Go cats!

I will be in the stands for this one Friday night, hope the WH fans don't mind a SS fan sitting with them. It was a toss up between this one and KG/HP game, so I had to go with the distance.

Glad to know that you are coming Wildcat ! Get there early and I for one am appreciative of the support....

Looking at the Match-up on Maxpreps I noticed the scoring averages by quarter and it looks like WM gets off to very fast starts avg. 17 points in the 1st qtr. and 10 in the 2nd.

I think Whitehouse needs to come out in that first half and really get the WM offense on their heels. These two teams play 2 totally different halves in their games.

Whitehouse does a lot of scoring in the 2nd half while WM does it in the first. I hope we can contain their rushing attack.

we stop that then we should have no problem taking this into the 3rd round.

Be sure to wear maroon.

Go Whitehouse!

hogwash! you be sure to wear your sulphur springs t-shirt. it's nice to know that y'all are behind our team! be sure and come to the tailgate party so we can meet you. i know you are proud of your team and we respect that.