Region III Boys Pre-Season Top Ten

dualdellortos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about everyone's opinions by picking a Boys 4A top ten and listing it? This would be districts 17-24

I will pick mine (leaving OUT my school)

1. Seven Lakes

2. Whitehouse

3. Nacogdoches

4. Friendswood

5.Jacksonville

6. Sharpstown

7. Nederland

8. Waller

9. Willis

10. Pine Tree

did whitehouse and pt both lose a lot of seniors...i mean i know pt did but i thought whitehouse lost a good bit and i know their jv wasn't anything special

i think all of the top teams from last season lost a lot of seniors! this years is gonna be a surprising year! one of the bottom teams from last year will step up and surprise everyone!!

dualdellortos,

Sorry about calling your picks a poll. I guess I should have said this: "Picks really don't matter. You have to go out and play." How was that? I don't appreciate being labeled a knucklehead for not following the whole region like you do. It is your livelihood, not mine. I agree with ptdsoccer16. There will be several surprises this year. See you at the Kilgore Tournament.

Sorry, didn't realize you were so sensitive. The initial topic post should have been easy enough to understand. Just looking for some insight from E Texas.

Pine Tree lost a ton, Athens lost a ton, Whitehouse I was unsure of, Palestine lost only a few but they were very good players, I don't know about Nac, Jax lost several and I hear that Lindale has almost everyone back. Since I do not live in E Texas, I was hoping for a little insight from that crowd.

Looking forward to the Kilgore tournament because I think we will have some real quality opponents (including you) and it will really help us sort some things out for our district opener that following Tuesday at Kingwood Park.

Good luck to the dogs and my buddy KD!

Sorry, didn't realize you were so sensitive. The initial topic post should have been easy enough to understand. Just looking for some insight from E Texas.

Pine Tree lost a ton, Athens lost a ton, Whitehouse I was unsure of, Palestine lost only a few but they were very good players, I don't know about Nac, Jax lost several and I hear that Lindale has almost everyone back. Since I do not live in E Texas, I was hoping for a little insight from that crowd.

Looking forward to the Kilgore tournament because I think we will have some real quality opponents (including you) and it will really help us sort some things out for our district opener that following Tuesday at Kingwood Park.

Good luck to the dogs and my buddy KD!

Moving on. Here is my insight. You look to be right on target about East Texas. Pine Tree, Athens, Whitehouse, and Jacksonville all graduated a number of good players. Coaching changes should make a difference as well this season. As you know, Lawdog moved to Lindale. Jacksonville hired the head coach that was at Livingston last year. I hear that Athens has a new coach. I think Lindale and Kilgore will be much improved over last year. It should be a fun season.

im not sure about today but yea! we had one guy get kicked off the team and two others who pretty good players not want to come back! one of them wants to concentrate on football and the other im not to sure about!! there has been talk of two of them wanting to come back but im not to sure how thats gonna work out!! thats all i know for now!

thats too bad. not that it bothers me lol but that would be helpful for y'all i know two of them would have started right?. we had a simliar problem. One of our players that played on the National Championship Andromida team quit soccer period...its just disappointing. wasted talent. good luck with getting them back though!

yea they all 3 had incredibly bad attitudes also so yea...! i would rather not have them and not have to put with any bad attitudes than have them and have to put up with it!! they just have those attitudes that they think they are better than everyone else and they arnt!! but yea like you said saw... pure waste of a lot of talent!!

wrong andromeda team, that being what it is , can't understand how you walk away from something you've done all your life and especially your senior year, and quit. I know High School is different than club, level wise, but good grief, this is your school, your friends, and the end of your 'childhood'...but you're kids and kids don't listen to advice from others sometimes and make wrong decisions thats part of growing up...can't help but think about the kid from whitehouse, was advised to go to dallas and get on a div.1 team, he goes to a div 2 team, stays a year and leaves...was advised not to go to TJC because he won't play, goes to TJC where he doesn't play so now is looking to transfer...but i guess thats better than quitting in the middle of a season...

Dualdellortos,

Your a little wrong on Lindale, they lost 7 seniors but should still be good. Plus the JV folded halfway through. It will be a building process to keep a consistant JV on the Schedule. Numbers are coming though in the midlle school. 17-4A will be interesting with so many teams losing so many players. Kilgore is the only team who didn't lose much. Should be interesting.

wrong andromeda team, that being what it is , can't understand how you walk away from something you've done all your life and especially your senior year, and quit. I know High School is different than club, level wise, but good grief, this is your school, your friends, and the end of your 'childhood'...but you're kids and kids don't listen to advice from others sometimes and make wrong decisions thats part of growing up...can't help but think about the kid from whitehouse, was advised to go to dallas and get on a div.1 team, he goes to a div 2 team, stays a year and leaves...was advised not to go to TJC because he won't play, goes to TJC where he doesn't play so now is looking to transfer...but i guess thats better than quitting in the middle of a season...

Actually, it wasn't the wrong Andromeda. He played for Andromeda 90' until about halfway into the school year then moved to Andromeda 90' Plano because he felt the coach wasn't helping them as much with college as the Plano coach was helping his players. And that was straight from his mouth.

whats eustace going to look like? as bad as center and lufkin hudson did their first year?

must be invisible, have seen them play many times including their last game against solar which was a premiere league game for the right to move on to Raleigh NC for national play, teams like that are considered closed teams unless they want you and you have something thats going to make them better. you can't just move from one team to another because you want to. if it was for college i'd be demanding they move my profile to the right team. but i'll check it out this weekend at the sports source college showcase, there could be something wrong with my eyes...

http://andromedasc.nearpost.com/club/teams...4/players/18055

thank you.

anyways, I know thems seem kind of down for the district this year but i belive that when the season actually starts, things will shape up.

I believe we are going to have a pretty tought start!

our district opens out with Athens then Whitehouse, Lindale, Marshall and PT.