Region III Boys Pre-Season Top Ten

dualdellortos

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preseason rankings make no sense to me. They're never accurate. :thumbdown: Palestine, Hidalgo, and Frisco were not in any polls in the preseason, or halfway through the season http://www.tsrnsports.com/Soccer-2007/tasco_rankings.htm. They all made appearances at the state tournament. Rider was the only ranked team. Polls truly don't apply to soccer because most games are unpredictable. I say just play. :thumbsup:

you know guys...i dont know why anyone even mentions a poll. cause usually if you get on that top ten poll you usually get a big head and #### it up that season. for example did anybody keep track of college football this season. about 4 of the top 10 actually did something. so i dont think that polls are worth anything when games start. you dont play games on paper, you play them on the field!

i wouldn't try compairing anything to this years college football season. buuuut

fun fact.

6 of the preseason top tep finished in the top ten this season in college football. the teams that didn't were mizzou (unranked) hawaii (23), georgia (13) and kansas (unranked). and LSU is number 2 in both polls

hey... we all know that the BCS system is messed up!

so back to soccer, which IS what this forum is about... those polls were takin in mid February it says which is WAY to early to make ranking!!..

but we play highland park in a week or so!! should be a good game! any other pre-season scrimmages??

yea, id say this poll is pointless...

Kilgore Scrimmages all day on the 5th at longview

we play Longview, Palistine and Mt. Pleasant. Whitehouse will be there too

longview will be playing their fourth game at 5:30, you know they are gonna be tired!

PT is #7 in their region 3 and HP is #2 in region 2.

Two things:

1) it is a scrimmage and it doesn't matter

2) rankings don't mean a thing.

Frisco were state runner ups last year and they aren't even in the top ten in state. They are #4 in their region. I guess they had a lot of seniors.

PT is #7 in their region 3 and HP is #2 in region 2.

Two things:

1) it is a scrimmage and it doesn't matter

2) rankings don't mean a thing.

Frisco were state runner ups last year and they aren't even in the top ten in state. They are #4 in their region. I guess they had a lot of seniors.

Frisco had 10 seniors but the dallas area is very unpredictable. For instance Plano High beat Plano West twice in the regular season 4-0 and 3-1 but then Plano West beat them 3-1 in the playoffs. Teams in the dallas area are loaded with club players who get year-round competitive games, something that non club players only get during the season. With that under your belt you become that much more dangerous. That's why the games are usually decided by errors when dallas area teams play each other. On the contrary, when dallas teams play others, they usually blow them out. In fact, of the 16 teams that played at the state tournament 2 of them were from cities that do not have club soccer teams (hidalgo and palestine) and 9 were from either dallas or houston.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all about scrimmages. Scrimmages are great to look at players in different situations. Not all teams look at scrimmages the same way.

Was the ten seniors starting for Frisco? You are right about club players and progrmas loaded with club players. At Palestine my kids played in only two tourneys this fall and those Dallas and Houston teams have kids that have probably played up to 20 or more games in the fall.

Hildago had a few salty players and one that plays for the u-17 national team.

I think Brenham, Seven Lakes and Friendswood are the top teams in the region.

Tasco top ten

1) Brenham

2) Seven Lakes

3) Friendswood

4) Sharpstown

5) Palestine

6) Waller

7) Pine Tree

8) Houston Davis

9) Texas City

10) Lamar Consolidated

yea, id say this poll is pointless...

Kilgore Scrimmages all day on the 5th at longview

we play Longview, Palistine and Mt. Pleasant. Whitehouse will be there too

longview will be playing their fourth game at 5:30, you know they are gonna be tired!

I would be too if we were playing four scrimmages in one day. I am sure that you meant to say THIRD scrimmage as it would be a UIL rule violation to scrimmage more than three teams in a day and Longview would not break UIL rules I am sure.

I would be too if we were playing four scrimmages in one day. I am sure that you meant to say THIRD scrimmage as it would be a UIL rule violation to scrimmage more than three teams in a day and Longview would not break UIL rules I am sure.

Dual, Can you direct me to that rule? I've seen where a scrimmage is defined as a meeting of no more than 4 teams but never seen the 3 scrimmage limit in a day. Are you reading into the no more than 4 teams to get that there are 3 opponents or is there a rule that specifically reads no more than 3 scrimmages? If that is correct, does it define what amount of time equals one scrimmage? Does the format come into play?

Dual, Can you direct me to that rule? I've seen where a scrimmage is defined as a meeting of no more than 4 teams but never seen the 3 scrimmage limit in a day. Are you reading into the no more than 4 teams to get that there are 3 opponents or is there a rule that specifically reads no more than 3 scrimmages? If that is correct, does it define what amount of time equals one scrimmage? Does the format come into play?

:huh: wow!!!

According to MC, the implication of the four team limit rule is that you may play no more than 3 teams. We have five teams at our first scrimmage, but we are only playing three of the other four. I called him about this a few years ago when I inadvertantly forgot I had invited a team (or he thought he was invited) and already had a four-way lined up.

There is no limit to game time. We play three 60's. I try to find enough time to see what I need without killing my kids and I can't really see what they can do if they are locking up at the end of the day anyway.

Good luck this year!

According to MC, the implication of the four team limit rule is that you may play no more than 3 teams. We have five teams at our first scrimmage, but we are only playing three of the other four. I called him about this a few years ago when I inadvertantly forgot I had invited a team (or he thought he was invited) and already had a four-way lined up.

There is no limit to game time. We play three 60's. I try to find enough time to see what I need without killing my kids and I can't really see what they can do if they are locking up at the end of the day anyway.

Good luck this year!

I'm not arguing with you Dual just speaking my mind on this rule. This is typical UIL "stuff." They write one thing and say another.

Here is the definition of a scrimmage from the UIL soccer manual. "A meeting of no more than 4 teams for practice purposes which does not count as a game for either team."

How does that translate to 5 teams can meet as long as you only play 3 of the teams and you're only allowed to play 3 scrimmages total? How would any Coach that actually reads the manual interpret the definition that way? I think they just make #### up sometimes.

I don't mind the rule as long as it can be clearly understood because it's not clear at all if what you say is correct. I didn't go to a scrimmage last year that I wanted to go to because the coach told me I was the 5th team. I also know that each team played the other 4...OOPS, someone didn't read the manual.