16-2A Baseball

theprodigy

Quitman had a good run in the playoffs last year 4 rounds. And they return everyone off of that team. So they should be a force.

Grand Saline has a solid tradition and always can compete with Coach Luce.

Edgewood is always scrappy and can play.

Winnsboro will be a team to watch. They have a lot of young talent and could make some noise if they get good pitching.

This district has been dominated by Grand Saline, Quitman, and Edgewood basically since they have all been in the same district.

1. Grand Saline

2. Quitman

3. Edgewood.

I still think that GS takes the district title again. They have 8 starters coming back, and yes losing Matt Johnson will hurt, but when you have everyone else back that should help the medicine go down a little better. Even in a not great year, like last year, GS is still expected to win a district title. Quitman will tough tho, and E-wood will always get up to play GS. GS is still king and will be till someone dethrones them, and Quitman has a solid shot to do that next year.

I heard that when Hardy played baseball every time he swung the bat it broke the sound barrier....twice. One time Hardy stared a baseball down!!!

When Hardy was at Nac. Nasa called asked him to hit a baseball off the moon but once they tested him they were afraid he would hit the ball to hard and it would reenter the earths atmosphere as a meteorite creating a tsunami in the Atlantic ocean and therefore wiping out the entire state Florida...So they declined that option and instead allowed Armstrong hit a golf ball!

You guys should lay off Coach Hardy. He is a great coach (I played under him for 2 years). One thing he adds to the programs he coaches is a sense of discipline. I remember he used to make us walk single file around the bases before a game holding each other's shoulders just to help us get a feel for the dirt. He even took showers with us. How many coaches do you see anymore that will do that? You can't coach that people. That's something only a baseball player could understand.

I don't even know who the coach at Quitman was before Hardy got there. Probably because Quitman didn't start winning until C.H. got there. Nuff Said. Good luck this year Hayland. I'll drop you a line.

I heard the other day Hardy stuck his finger in the ground and stoped the rotation of the Earth so the first day of baseball practice would last longer!!!

Its my understanding that Hardy single handedly stopped the cuban missle crisis by teaching the Cuban's how to play baseball... hence now look how many cuban are in the Majors... Coincidence I do not think so.... A true diplomat is what he is.

Hardy rips phonebooks in half with one hand!!!

Hardy is the "I" in "team."

Hardy wears bear traps on his feet instead of sandals.

Hardy can touch MC Hammer.

Hardy can breathe in and out at the same time.

This man once hit a ball so hard it passed through the center of the sun without catching on fire!!!