Help from Smoaky Family

wildcatphs

QUOTE (jd63238 @ Dec 11 2007, 09:38 PM)

Go to both games.........You should make it to Tatum game by early 2nd quarter.

quote name='wildcatphs' date='Dec 11 2007, 10:03 PM' post='898775']

She's not going for that.

Go to both but leave the Liberty Hill Game early so you don't miss any of the Tatum game. If she is truly a Football Fan she wont want to leave the first game if it is close.

:happy65:

Great answer!!

Take her to Tatum game, then to Gilmer game, a nice dinner afterwards and then home. If She doesn't want to go, to bad, go anyway. Take charge, be the man, let her know now who is the man of the house is going to be, don't wait till later to find out your're not. ( I'll be able then to take her out next weekend)

There are 3 games that I would love to see this weekend.

Cuero/China Spring State Semis

Liberty Hill/Gilmer State Title

Tatum/Farmersville 2A State Title

Of the 3, I really would like to see the LH/Gilmer game, but my girlfriend graduated from Tatum and wants me to go to that game with her. LH/Gilmer is at 4 and the Tatum game is @ 7 in Corsicana.

What should I do?

WOW you got the one that graduated You are lucky !!!!!

Go see TATUMS last stand it will be great....

My wife has just started going to games with me only because our daughter is on the drill team. My wife openly confesses that she is not interested because she does not "know" any of the players. Sure she does but they are not family members. My son is a 7th grader so next year we will be going on Thursday and Friday nights (YES!!) Initially having my wife go with me caused a few problems. For years my buddies and I would load up and go to games. Over time our sons and daughters went with us. We basically got into a routine. When my wife started going the routine changed. The questions began, "Why are we leaving for the game so early?", "What if it rains?", "Can we leave after halftime?", "Can we leave if the game gets out of hand?", "Since we are in the playoffs, and it is in Dallas, let's leave early and go shopping.", "Will you go to the concession stand for me?", and if we are going to a UT game, it's "I need a new outfit."

The reason that we leave early for a game is because of experience. I know that if our team is doing well that there will be a crowd and I want to get there early to get a good seat. Plus I know the size of most of the stadiums and the availability of decent parking. If it rains? Then you get more elbow room because only the "true" fans will stay. You cannot leave early because "it ain't over 'til its over". If the game gets out of hand then you enjoy it if it is your team, if it is not your team then you are there to support your team's effort. Leave early to go shopping? It makes me ill to do so but I do it for my wife (fortunately or unfortunately, it depends on how you look at it, but our team is not a perennial playoff contender so I do not have to worry about this one much). Once I did go to the concession stand for my wife. It was at the Cotton Bowl when UT played Miss. State. I missed almost all of the 3rd quarter. That was the last time that ever did that. She asks me occasionally now to do so. I just give her the look and she remembers back to the Cotton Bowl. Getting a new outfit? I do not see the point in doing so since the other 90,000 people there will not know if the outfit is new or not. Besides it will be orange and white like everyone else there. But my wife looks great so why not?

I love my wife. We have been married almost 20 years. Her first exposure to me and football was when we were at UT. We would set through all of the games win or lose. I was a December grad at UT. I have been accused of going an extra sememster just for the football (go figure). She has gotten better about football games. Still "chats" a bit much during the game to her friends which is OK I guess as long as it does not interfere with the "critiquing" that we men do during the game.

I even get to listen to the scoreboard on the radio on the way home from games now.

My advice? Pick and choose your battles. You have to be flexible. As much as I just rambled about the initial "problems" of having her go with me I am glad that she does because she is my wife. Besides with my son coming up she really enjoys watching him play. He has a lot of ability. Put a helmet on him and he becomes a wild man. So hopefully a bit more exposure will turn her into a true fan. Some things are worth waiting for.

My wife has just started going to games with me only because our daughter is on the drill team. My wife openly confesses that she is not interested because she does not "know" any of the players. Sure she does but they are not family members. My son is a 7th grader so next year we will be going on Thursday and Friday nights (YES!!) Initially having my wife go with me caused a few problems. For years my buddies and I would load up and go to games. Over time our sons and daughters went with us. We basically got into a routine. When my wife started going the routine changed. The questions began, "Why are we leaving for the game so early?", "What if it rains?", "Can we leave after halftime?", "Can we leave if the game gets out of hand?", "Since we are in the playoffs, and it is in Dallas, let's leave early and go shopping.", "Will you go to the concession stand for me?", and if we are going to a UT game, it's "I need a new outfit."

The reason that we leave early for a game is because of experience. I know that if our team is doing well that there will be a crowd and I want to get there early to get a good seat. Plus I know the size of most of the stadiums and the availability of decent parking. If it rains? Then you get more elbow room because only the "true" fans will stay. You cannot leave early because "it ain't over 'til its over". If the game gets out of hand then you enjoy it if it is your team, if it is not your team then you are there to support your team's effort. Leave early to go shopping? It makes me ill to do so but I do it for my wife (fortunately or unfortunately, it depends on how you look at it, but our team is not a perennial playoff contender so I do not have to worry about this one much). Once I did go to the concession stand for my wife. It was at the Cotton Bowl when UT played Miss. State. I missed almost all of the 3rd quarter. That was the last time that ever did that. She asks me occasionally now to do so. I just give her the look and she remembers back to the Cotton Bowl. Getting a new outfit? I do not see the point in doing so since the other 90,000 people there will not know if the outfit is new or not. Besides it will be orange and white like everyone else there. But my wife looks great so why not?

I love my wife. We have been married almost 20 years. Her first exposure to me and football was when we were at UT. We would set through all of the games win or lose. I was a December grad at UT. I have been accused of going an extra sememster just for the football (go figure). She has gotten better about football games. Still "chats" a bit much during the game to her friends which is OK I guess as long as it does not interfere with the "critiquing" that we men do during the game.

I even get to listen to the scoreboard on the radio on the way home from games now.

My advice? Pick and choose your battles. You have to be flexible. As much as I just rambled about the initial "problems" of having her go with me I am glad that she does because she is my wife. Besides with my son coming up she really enjoys watching him play. He has a lot of ability. Put a helmet on him and he becomes a wild man. So hopefully a bit more exposure will turn her into a true fan. Some things are worth waiting for.

Amen, Brother. We feel you.

Your first mistake was giving her options !! Don't ask her where she wants to go, tell her where ya'll are going !!

Sounds good anyways !!

Exactly!! I just TOLD my wife of 15 years that I was going to Waco on Friday and Corsicana on Saturday to watch football, she can come if she wants to, but I'm going regardless. I didnt ask her or give her any "options". Thats just how I roll.

I should be out of the hospital by Friday.