Baseball Players in East Texas

baseballguru23

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapel Hill and Bullard definetly have some stars on the baseball field. If they could combine the teams, noone would be able to hang with them. "The Chapel Hill 5" (Tyler and Dalton Clakley, Sam Ivy, Dillan Rushing, and Ben Krebs) made it to the Little League World Series in Bangor, Maine, over the summer. Look for 14-3a to have some interesting games this year.

High school players play in Little League?

High school players play in Little League?

Yeah, WE were sophomores last year and still under the age of 16 so we were a part of the Senior League. And the FIRST team to make it to the little league world series from Tyler. Finishing third wasnt too bad either

Top player in East Texas from what I saw last year should be the Turley kid from Texarkana Texas High. Dont know what grade he is, but man he can pitch.

if you are talking about that lefty that guy is really good, i played against him in my freshman year and he no hit us, he was actually one walk away from a perfect game.

Have money , make the team. That should be the motto of select baseball. It can be a good experience I agree , but I have seen and umpired many select games and some of the teams are horrible. The guys running the teams are making a killing. $1000 or more to play on some of these teams. Figure 15 players per team ( $15000 ) and you only pay maybe $300-$500 per tourney. Hmmmmmm................... maybe I need to look into starting a team. Could be my second job!!!!!

Have money , make the team. That should be the motto of select baseball. It can be a good experience I agree , but I have seen and umpired many select games and some of the teams are horrible. The guys running the teams are making a killing. $1000 or more to play on some of these teams. Figure 15 players per team ( $15000 ) and you only pay maybe $300-$500 per tourney. Hmmmmmm................... maybe I need to look into starting a team. Could be my second job!!!!!

some of the metro teams indeed charge and get away with those prices just to be on the team. you won't do it very long in a rural setting. we have fundraisers and anything else we can dream up to keep parents from coming out of pocket. the "pay to play" teams are always more fun to beat too!

Elkhart's Tyler Farrow, who plays for the Arlington A's, is the absolute best I've seen.

i heard this kid is throwing the white off it.

Well thanks for all the info guys.. Im a first time coach and look to start up a summer league program in ET. I feel that with my help, I can get more of our ET kids to the next level. Our program will consist of many college showcases throughout the summer. Im looking to have a tryout jan. 5th, which will also be a chance for you to be looked at by college coaches and further your baseball career. If you have any questions feel free to U2U me, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Well thanks for all the info guys.. Im a first time coach and look to start up a summer league program in ET. I feel that with my help, I can get more of our ET kids to the next level. Our program will consist of many college showcases throughout the summer. Im looking to have a tryout jan. 5th, which will also be a chance for you to be looked at by college coaches and further your baseball career. If you have any questions feel free to U2U me, or email me at [email protected].

Thanks

Are you affiliated with the Texas Cyclones out of Houston?