Baseball Players in East Texas

baseballguru23

actually. it was reavis from paris.

No. The question was (Who were the Paris and North Lamar boys?) that attended the tryouts for the new select team being put together by baseballguru23 and my answer was Abbey (P) and Sellers (NL), the same post stated (I've heard that both schools have lost pitchers to injury.) you are correct that would be Reavis (P), skiing accident. I don't know any pitchers for North Lamar that are injured.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The question was (Who were the Paris and North Lamar boys?) that attended the tryouts for the new select team being put together by baseballguru23 and my answer was Abbey (P) and Sellers (NL), the same post stated (I've heard that both schools have lost pitchers to injury.) you are correct that would be Reavis (P), skiing accident. I don't know any pitchers for North Lamar that are injured.

ahh. my apologies! read it wrong haha.

who are the best players at gilmer

baseballguru23, why dont you get on as telephone, call the coaches at these individual schools, find out if they have players they want to expose to your summer team instead of advertising it on the internet. FYI, I wouldnt want my players going to a "try-out" for a summer team and going out and injuring themselves trying to impress somebody advertising a team on smoaky. Go meet the area coaches-that is how you get players.

Joey Hector

Gilmer HS Baseball Coach

baseballguru23, why dont you get on as telephone, call the coaches at these individual schools, find out if they have players they want to expose to your summer team instead of advertising it on the internet. FYI, I wouldnt want my players going to a "try-out" for a summer team and going out and injuring themselves trying to impress somebody advertising a team on smoaky. Go meet the area coaches-that is how you get players.

Joey Hector

Gilmer HS Baseball Coach

The Georgia Cougars are looking for a few players for summer 2008. The Cougars will play in the 17/18 Perfect Games Wood bat tournaments as well as the Perfect Game BCS events. We have a solid core to build on. Players from Alexander High School will make the core as the Cougars have been playing now for three summers and falls.

We will have a practice game/tryout this Sunday Feb. 9th, 2008 at Morton West High School, 2400 Home Ave. Berwyn IL. 60402 at 1:00 pm. If you could be there by 12:15pm to warm up register. We are looking for elite middle infielders, catchers, and a CF, preferably with pitching capabilities. You must not turn 17 until May 1, 2008 (sophmores/young juniors). For more information call Jim Pasdertz (815)436-5343 or email [email protected]. Please let me know If you will be attending so I can plan accordingly

We will go play some of the best teams in the country from Tx,Mo.Ok,Ar,Ks need a couple of players pitchers and catchers this is a very good team that needs some help to get to the top.Please call Eric Mason 816-215-1526

We are looking for top players to travel to showcase tournaments we ask that you have good experience and are willing to learn and compete.Strongly need pitchers and some psition players pls contact @972-285-6121 or [email protected] affilaion team w/ Dallas Panthers

http://perfectgame.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTop...mp;f=4674069131

http://hsbaseballweb.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2706080091

These are just a few posts on high school baseball web sites; it is common for coaches of select teams to list needs and workouts on these sites or as you call it advertise. I for one appreciated baseballguru23 for posting, looking for players, "to get exposed" as we were searching for just such a team. The "tryout" was very well run and the players were encouraged to warm up all they needed before any of the workout started. The coaches that were running the workout were ex-college baseball players and knew what they were doing. They spent time talking to the kids and the one that talked to me said if was very important to him to help in anyway possible to get the kids seen by college coaches. He also said that he wanted to know more about what schools the kids were interested in, and he would write letters to those colleges and help them get seen by the schools. Nobody was put in any situations that they were uncomfortable with, several of the parents that were there have had their children in a variety of summer select teams and they all spoke highly of the coach that was putting it on. The players that showed up had an open choice on what position they wanted to tryout at. If you do not want any of "your" players playing summer ball then you should address that with them, and not speak for the rest of us that are looking for the opportunity to advance our children’s futures. I can appreciate your concern for these young men but from my experience this is how you get on select teams of this caliber. I gotta go, I have to drive my child to Dallas and get him "exposed" at a DBAT "tryout".

I do not understand how you can come on here and support someone who is looking for players on smoaky and not getting out and meeting coaches and finding out who the players are that way. The way you develop a program is to develop relationships with coaches and if your program is any good they will make sure that you are getting players. It is hard to develop relationships if you are on here hiding behind a screen name. There is another quality program in East Texas (not Bobby Dan and the Bombers) that works hard to make sure the high school coaches know who he is and what kind of club his players are playing for.

I do not understand how you can come on here and support someone who is looking for players on smoaky and not getting out and meeting coaches and finding out who the players are that way. The way you develop a program is to develop relationships with coaches and if your program is any good they will make sure that you are getting players. It is hard to develop relationships if you are on here hiding behind a screen name. There is another quality program in East Texas (not Bobby Dan and the Bombers) that works hard to make sure the high school coaches know who he is and what kind of club his players are playing for.

I am the parent that is my responsibility. It is my understanding that the coach contacted the person that is running this program and is sending 3-4 players for him to look at. My point was that it is common for coaches of select teams to post on web sites looking for kids. Just as common, kids posting looking for teams! It is my responsibility as a parent to go to the workout and ask questions to make sure that I am putting my child in a situation that could benefit him, and then it is his choice to decide if he is comfortable with the coach and other players on the team.

FYI, the majority of the coaches around this area have been contacted. Unfortuantly, I haven't made it to Gilmer just yet. And to be quite honest with you, there are actually some people that do not coach that have more accurate opinions than some coaches. So for us to ask for everyones opinions should not seem that crazy. Also this is 2008, out of East Texas, it is pretty common to use the internet for this purpose. Good luck COACH

Coach Matt Martin

"I have to drive my child to Dallas and get him "exposed" at a DBAT "tryout".

What does that mean? What are you implying about DBAT?

????????? Read the whole thread, we have had nothing but good experiences with DBAT.

????????? Read the whole thread, we have had nothing but good experiences with DBAT.

My bad... I have a buddy who works with DBAT. They are a CLASS Organization that will do "great things" for your boy. What team did he try out for? The 16U, 17U or 18U?

My bad... I have a buddy who works with DBAT. They are a CLASS Organization that will do "great things" for your boy. What team did he try out for? The 16U, 17U or 18U?

17U, they were looking for more of a pure pitcher that could play other positions, they have a kid out of Tulsa that is coming down soon to workout that is suppose to be more of a pure pitcher. My son is more of a position player that can pitch. The people that we spoke with at DBAT were very knowledgeable and informative. If he were selected to play for DBAT, I am 99% sure that we will stay with a team that he has already been offered a position on, my son is very comfortable with the coaches and kids on that team. It was a good experience for him and was offered some instruction that will be helpful to him in the future. They had nothing but good things to say about his game and will also include him on their mailing list for events that will put him in front of college coaches. Just another way to get him in front of people that can help.

Nic Watkins of Mineola is playing for the 16 and under DBAT team this summer as a pitcher and 3rd baseman. He played in the fall with them . They are a class organization and if asked to play for their organization it is an honor.