...Horns pick up huge commit...

SmokieCrabtree

...ut outduels ou...adding to a great class....

http://www.texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=751846

Just curious, if he is such a big time reciever then why did UT wait to offer him until after OU offered him? Is this a case of Mack not wanting him to go to OU or is it a case of Mack relying on OU to evaluate talent? It sounds to me like it is a kid that lives in Austin and wanted to go to UT but UT did not want him until OU wanted him.

Just curious, if he is such a big time reciever then why did UT wait to offer him until after OU offered him? Is this a case of Mack not wanting him to go to OU or is it a case of Mack relying on OU to evaluate talent? It sounds to me like it is a kid that lives in Austin and wanted to go to UT but UT did not want him until OU wanted him.

honestly UT was probably going after a different receiver and didn't have luck, and because of this they had this kid as the safety valve just in case, he lives and Austin and probably dreamed of going to UT, but don't take anything away from the kid, he's got the scholarship offer and will be going to the school he wants to go to for free and playing ball and if he works hard he'll have his day in the sun.

honestly UT was probably going after a different receiver and didn't have luck, and because of this they had this kid as the safety valve just in case, he lives and Austin and probably dreamed of going to UT, but don't take anything away from the kid, he's got the scholarship offer and will be going to the school he wants to go to for free and playing ball and if he works hard he'll have his day in the sun.

...honestly if you read the article...he had an injury plagued jr. year and then he blew up this year...that is why ou got in late as well...when new rankings come out grant is expected to shoot up the rankings and become a 4 star... he is built like to and can run...maybe tech fans are jealous...our receivers in this class are incredible.... :zorro:

...honestly if you read the article...he had an injury plagued jr. year and then he blew up this year...that is why ou got in late as well...when new rankings come out grant is expected to shoot up the rankings and become a 4 star... he is built like to and can run...maybe tech fans are jealous...our receivers in this class are incredible.... :zorro:

I promise you I'm not jealous, we have Crabtree, you don't, we have interest from Julio Jones and Deion Walker and you don't. I don't doubt the kid is very talented, because UT wouldn't have been interested if he wasn't, I'm just saying for UT to address him this late in the game means that he wasn't THAT high of a priority to them, and that is just a testament to how impressive UT recruiting is...... with that said Tech hasn't even thrown a scholie at him I do not believe, but if I'm wrong, my bad.

I promise you I'm not jealous, we have Crabtree, you don't, we have interest from Julio Jones and Deion Walker and you don't. I don't doubt the kid is very talented, because UT wouldn't have been interested if he wasn't, I'm just saying for UT to address him this late in the game means that he wasn't THAT high of a priority to them, and that is just a testament to how impressive UT recruiting is...... with that said Tech hasn't even thrown a scholie at him I do not believe, but if I'm wrong, my bad.

...i am happy you have crabtree....it still didnt help you beat us, we won...we have the number 3 & 4 receivers in the nation in this class with buckner and grant, you dont...we have 10 commits in the espn top 150, you have 0...jones and walker may look but they arent going to tech...but back to the point...no big schools were after grant early because he was injured last year....this year he was healthy and blew up...ou and ut got in a recruiting battle and ut won...i just wish we could now find a way to beat them on the field again...we need the talent because we get outcoaced against ou.... :zorro:

...i am happy you have crabtree....it still didnt help you beat us, we won...we have the number 3 & 4 receivers in the nation in this class with buckner and grant, you dont...we have 10 commits in the espn top 150, you have 0...jones and walker may look but they arent going to tech...but back to the point...no big schools were after grant early because he was injured last year....this year he was healthy and blew up...ou and ut got in a recruiting battle and ut won...i just wish we could now find a way to beat them on the field again...we need the talent because we get outcoaced against ou.... :zorro:
Was wondering if you were ever gonna return after the loss to the Aggies....Nice to have you back....

If Mack couldn't recruit Texas would return to the Mackovic days. It is amazing how many 4 & 5 star recruits he gets and has only won one Confrence Title. Star's mean absolutely nothing. VY was highly rated out of high school. He was nothing but average his freshman and soph year. It wasn't until "we let Vince be Vince" that UT excelled.