Baseball Talk

VandalNation

Justin Robbins was the real deal. He carried the spring hill panthers to the playoffs last year. Going to be a good district this year. It is still a question of who in Spring Hill can take the place of robbins on the mound.

I think Garrett Methvin will do a pretty good job filling the role. and i agree it's going to be a fun district

I talked to a friend a few weeks ago and he said that alot of the Sabine players have been going out the field and he thinks there gonna be pretty good. I hope he is right because I would like to see them competitive in baseball.

Yeah, one of my friends said that a couple of people moved in, including a lefty pitcher, and that ya'll were going to be pretty good this year.

I think Garrett Methvin will do a pretty good job filling the role. and i agree it's going to be a fun district

yeah along with Methvin you'll have Leath who i think will be the biggest surprise and Fudge. (maybe). also Korzeneski, Arden and Barnes can give you some innings. you have sophmore Zeilinger and freshman Brown who should make good pitchers. my opinion is that they would be better suited getting alot of innings in on the JV this year.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah along with Methvin you'll have Leath who i think will be the biggest surprise and Fudge. (maybe). also Korzeneski, Arden and Barnes can give you some innings. you have sophmore Zeilinger and freshman Brown who should make good pitchers. my opinion is that they would be better suited getting alot of innings in on the JV this year.

Methvin is a good pitcher, he has a control problems sometimes. But when he is on he is almost unhittable

Last i heard Darian did say he was going to play, but when he played in 13 and 14 year old in the league he was a centerfielder and hit the ball allright but there are 43 kids giong out for baseball so several will end up not playing.

Have they given him a try at pitcher? I know pitching is much different than throwing a football, but if he can pitch they could use him somewhere, maybe as starter or a reliever. That would improve their depth chart.

Have they given him a try at pitcher? I know pitching is much different than throwing a football, but if he can pitch they could use him somewhere, maybe as starter or a reliever. That would improve their depth chart.

No he cant pitch, they tried because he could throw the ball hard but he is wild and does not throw many strikes. He is very quick and can catch the baseball well.