...ut could be getting some huge news tonight...

...stud defensive coordinator for auburn, will muschamp, interviewed with mack brown today...a decision from muschamp is coming tonight...he is IMHO the best dc in college football and would instantly make texas a big 12 favorite and contender for the national title...

...there is also word that darrell scott, the top recruit and rb in the country is leaning to texas now with the departure of jamaal charles...also rod davis, a 4 star has decommitted from the ags and word is he could be offered by ut and would accept...what a day this could be for texas football... :zorro:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
...stud defensive coordinator for auburn, will muschamp, interviewed with mack brown today...a decision from muschamp is coming tonight...he is IMHO the best dc in college football and would instantly make texas a big 12 favorite and contender for the national title...

You mean like he did for Auburn?

You mean like he did for Auburn?

...auburn's defense was never the problem...#7 in the nation...he was also the DC at lsu in 2003 when they won the NC with their awesome d...their d was #1 in nation that year... this was obviously a texas weakness this year...not anymore...nc here we come.... :zorro:

Muschamp to Texas as the DC is a done deal (per

numerous media outlets...sorry no link here).

Preliminary news is that it is a 3 year deal that

will make Muschamp the highest paid DC in the

NCAA...somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.6 mill

over the 3 years.

News conference on Friday morning at 10:00am is

the word....

Might be a great hire for Mack and Texas !

Perhaps....

RJ

Muschamp to Texas as the DC is a done deal (per

numerous media outlets...sorry no link here).

Preliminary news is that it is a 3 year deal that

will make Muschamp the highest paid DC in the

NCAA...somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.6 mill

over the 3 years.

News conference on Friday morning at 10:00am is

the word....

Might be a great hire for Mack and Texas !

Perhaps....

RJ

...Randy as you know....this is HUGE...mack stepped up and went for the best....texas opened up the wallet...good thing we lost to a&m this year....according to reliable sources that was the final straw....an unprepared defense...we got the best now...watch out Big12.... :zorro:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
...auburn's defense was never the problem...#7 in the nation...he was also the DC at lsu in 2003 when they won the NC with their awesome d...their d was #1 in nation that year... this was obviously a texas weakness this year...not anymore...nc here we come.... :zorro:

Didn't you off-handedly refer to Auburn as a bottom-feeder in the SEC in another thread?

Scott is a special player! I have thought all along he would be a CU committ but in an interview he had yesterday..

"So does that mean Texas has the inside track?

“Yeah, they have a tad bit of a lead. Especially with the Jamaal situation.” "

This could be great for Texas!! My fingers are crossed!!!!

I hate to see Charles go, but honestly he cost us a ball game this year that was big. The fumble going in the end zone against OU was the turning point in that ball game. Charles is superfast but he is replaceable. He has a tendency to put the pig on the turf too. McGee will get the ball more, which I am anxious to see and I think that Brown will begin to work Chiles in the offense more at Slot or RB. He is too talented with the ball in his hands to be on the sidelines, however he isn't a QB. I think he will be utilized more next year as an athlete. We may see a RB by committee until one emerges as the definite best. Would this Scott guy be willing to Redshirt or does he want to play instantly?

Didn't you off-handedly refer to Auburn as a bottom-feeder in the SEC in another thread?

...they sure weren't great in any area except defense and no one can argue against their defense....#7 in the nation....this is also the same guy who was the DC at LSU when they won their 2003 title....top defense in the nation that year....you will make no headway with anyone arguing against Muschamp being anything but a GREAT DC...every team in the sec will be glad to see him go... :zorro:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
...they sure weren't great in any area except defense and no one can argue against their defense....#7 in the nation....this is also the same guy who was the DC at LSU when they won their 2003 title....top defense in the nation that year....you will make no headway with anyone arguing against Muschamp being anything but a GREAT DC...every team in the sec will be glad to see him go... :zorro:

Naw, not arguing. He's a good catch. Truth is, the Big 12 is making some changes that will do nothing but increase their strength. Muschamp to Texas, Sherman to A&M. I'm sure you'll be sad to lose that Big 12 championship to the Aggies in two years.

Naw, not arguing. He's a good catch. Truth is, the Big 12 is making some changes that will do nothing but increase their strength. Muschamp to Texas, Sherman to A&M. I'm sure you'll be sad to lose that Big 12 championship to the Aggies in two years.

...dont rain on my parade dude...lol...all texas exes and fans knew that we were a championship caliber team if not for our terrible defense this year....we lost to a&m and k-state because of pour defense...ou game could have gone either way....it is so exciting to FINALLY see mack not satisfied with the status quo...akina is very close to him but he needed the coordinator duty yanked away....i am so glad he is staying a DB coach....and we are giddy about Muschamp....mack grew some and is doing what it takes to get back on top....hopefully it works out....the big 12 overall is coming on strong... :zorro:

Guest bleedsbluengold24
...dont rain on my parade dude...lol...all texas exes and fans knew that we were a championship caliber team if not for our terrible defense this year....we lost to a&m and k-state because of pour defense...ou game could have gone either way....it is so exciting to FINALLY see mack not satisfied with the status quo...akina is very close to him but he needed the coordinator duty yanked away....i am so glad he is staying a DB coach....and we are giddy about Muschamp....mack grew some and is doing what it takes to get back on top....hopefully it works out....the big 12 overall is coming on strong... :zorro:

HA! I knew that'd get you.

But you're right about the Big 12. Glad to see it.

...i guarantee you tt would love to have him...check him out in the link:

http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=757711

Yeah but... DC Ruffin McNeill has done an incredible job with the Swarm defense as an interim coach and these players respect him along with the fans. It would be an easier transition to give him the job vs. bringing a guy from the outside. Also it would be a lot cheaper even though he would get a nice raise in the long haul.

Texas did lose some games based on pass defense...but Colt did turn the ball over quite a few times as well, and it seems his development has actually backtracked from last year to this year. I still don't see Mack Brown being anything other than an amazing recruiter with marginal actual coaching ability. This hire should help a ton, I was hoping A&M would go after him.

Texas did lose some games based on pass defense...but Colt did turn the ball over quite a few times as well, and it seems his development has actually backtracked from last year to this year. I still don't see Mack Brown being anything other than an amazing recruiter with marginal actual coaching ability. This hire should help a ton, I was hoping A&M would go after him.

you have to remember there are 3 Offensive lineman in the NFL this year that protected McCoy last year. When you lose 3/5 of you OL to the draft and your only experienced ones go out with injury you have to expect your QB to be hurried, sacked and pressured more. Also if you look back at the interceptions, how many of them bounced off of recievers' hands or got tipped at the line of scrimmage. Very few of his picks were true interceptions. Most of them were courtesy of the tip drill. They could have easily bounced on the ground giving the horns another shot at moving the ball downfield, but that's football for you. The one thing I would like to see McCoy do is quit trying to be Vince Young when he runs the ball. He is a lot quicker than I thought, but he doesn't take a hit real well and will fumble at times if hit on the run. He needs to get what he can and slide before a bad collision.

Typically a player that has an amazing freshman year has a bad sophmore or junior year. Hope that trend doesn't fall upon Crabtree.

The thing that excites me most about this hire is Muschamp is a very emotional guy that's acts crazy at times on the sidelines. He gets fired up like no other coach I've seen, and this is something the Horns have needed for a while.

As for Charles leaving, I'm not happy one bit - even if it means the #1 RB recruit is now looking at UT. "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush," and Charles was one heck of a bird. Yes he's had a few problems with fumbles, but how do we know the next guy won't be the same. I guarantee you the #1 recruit hasn't been hit like he's going to be hit in college. And instead of keying on Charles' fumble vs. OU, how about the multiple times he brought the Horns back into the game in the 4th quarter running the football? Anyone that says losing Charles is good for UT can go hang out with the same OU fans that thought Peterson leaving early was a good thing.

Last, Colt McCoy has not gone backwards in his ability as a QB. He lost 60% of his O-line to the NFL, and then Tony Hills broke his leg. Use the Spring to teach Colt that sometimes it's okay to punt, and he will bounce back. Also teach him to hold onto the football in traffic and to go down when a D-lineman has you wrapped up around the legs.

Next year's Big XII South looks to be an exciting race. OU should be the front runner with UT, A&M and TT all fighting it out for the top spot. Each group seems to have more positives than negatives at this point. The biggest hole to fill remains to be a defense for Tech. Leach doesn't seem to mind getting into a point war with anybody, but he has to realize there are going to be times when his offense isn't clicking like it should. He needs to solidify a defense to back up that offense.

The thing that excites me most about this hire is Muschamp is a very emotional guy that's acts crazy at times on the sidelines. He gets fired up like no other coach I've seen, and this is something the Horns have needed for a while.

As for Charles leaving, I'm not happy one bit - even if it means the #1 RB recruit is now looking at UT. "A bird in the hand is better than two in the bush," and Charles was one heck of a bird. Yes he's had a few problems with fumbles, but how do we know the next guy won't be the same. I guarantee you the #1 recruit hasn't been hit like he's going to be hit in college. And instead of keying on Charles' fumble vs. OU, how about the multiple times he brought the Horns back into the game in the 4th quarter running the football? Anyone that says losing Charles is good for UT can go hang out with the same OU fans that thought Peterson leaving early was a good thing.

Last, Colt McCoy has not gone backwards in his ability as a QB. He lost 60% of his O-line to the NFL, and then Tony Hills broke his leg. Use the Spring to teach Colt that sometimes it's okay to punt, and he will bounce back. Also teach him to hold onto the football in traffic and to go down when a D-lineman has you wrapped up around the legs.

Next year's Big XII South looks to be an exciting race. OU should be the front runner with UT, A&M and TT all fighting it out for the top spot. Each group seems to have more positives than negatives at this point. The biggest hole to fill remains to be a defense for Tech. Leach doesn't seem to mind getting into a point war with anybody, but he has to realize there are going to be times when his offense isn't clicking like it should. He needs to solidify a defense to back up that offense.

:thumbsup: Couldnt have said it better.

so have we heard on this high powered recruit yet?

Claws- though Scott has said UT is in the lead for him, his final decision will not be made for over a month. Until then, UT fans just have to keep their fingers crossed...