Top Posters In This Topic

Man, either one of these is scary. What I had heard was:

Gilmer

Gladewater

Spring Hill

Tatum

Pittsburg

Lindale

That top one with Carthage and Henderson reminds me of the district we were in when I was going into High School. We had:

Gladewater

Pine Tree

Kilgore

Henderson

Jacksonville

Not sure who the other team was. It was in the early70's. Tough district

Center

Hearing more and more RUMORS... of this 4A district

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Longview

Kilgore

Texas High

Mt. Pleasant

with one of these possibilities for 8th team... Lindale, Henderson, and Whitehouse if Henderson drops

would be very tough district, but i doubt it will happen... but who knows

Guest Bear_Den
This is what I have heard:

Gilmer

Gladewater

Lindale

Mineola

Pittsburg

Tyler Chapel Hill

You think Lindale would actually drop back down this soon? And I hope they wouldn't make Chapel Hill travel to PITT!

And is realignment on the 1st or the 4th?

You think Lindale would actually drop back down this soon? And I hope they wouldn't make Chapel Hill travel to PITT!

And is realignment on the 1st or the 4th?

Chapel Hill to Pitt is not that bad. And yes, Lindale only turned in 988. They could very well go back down. In fact, there are those that are hoping for it! :)

I'd like to see Wills Point back into a district with Van and Canton.

Yeah me too - It really makes a lot more sense for Wills Point to be in our district instead of Chapel Hill or Bullard. We are about 12 miles apart and haven't been in the same district for years.

Well, I would really like to see Palestine and Westwood in an East Texas District! :happy65:

I would actually like to see Palestine play in a Dallas area district (like it was when I was at PHS), for my own selfish reason (so that I could actually see them play).

• 2 weeks later...

I really feel like that the schools on the border fo the region I and Region II will move to Region I to fill up the districts out there. That being said I really think that the East Texas districts in 3A could get interesting. We will all know on the first

I have heard that one of the new 2A districts will be:

Arp

Troup

Sabine

West Rusk

Winona

Frankston

As we all know, nothing will be official until the 1st, but that's what I heard...

Personally, I'd rather see White Oak, than Frankston just for the travel, but that's me.

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Longview

Kilgore

Texas High

Mt. Pleasant

with one of these possibilities for 8th team... Lindale, Henderson, and Whitehouse if Henderson drops

& Nac?

Those would be 2 really good districts but poor Mineola and Bullard!

Why are you saying poor Bullard? they were only 7 points away from being perfect in district. Athens beat them by 1, Canton beat them by 2, and Van beat them by 3. And they have most of their players coming back.

UIL might not decide to drop 4A numbers too much as they may be looking for more teams and 8-team districts now that 4 teams will get into the playoffs in 4A. If 4A numbers don't drop then 3A might not move up.

It all starts with 5A, one week from today and we can all stop speculating.

Marshall

Hallsville

Pine Tree

Longview

Kilgore

Texas High

Mt. Pleasant

I like it

I'd like to see Wills Point back into a district with Van and Canton.

Both Eustace and Mabank, if both stay in 3A, would be closer to Athens, Bullard and Brownsboro than either Canton or Wills Point. The Highway 175 district looks to pretty much stay intact, I would think, unless either Mabank goes up or Eustace goes down, or both. You can figure that Kemp, Crandall, Kaufman will stay the same unless they get pulled in along with Ferris to the 2 DISD 3A's. Both Wills Point and Canton have been with this group before. Could see Mabank, Kemp, Ferris, Crandall, Kaufman, Eustace, Wills Point, and Canton back in the OLD 12-AAA from about 8 years ago. Lot of that will depend on who is down back east, I would think --- like Lindale back in 3A in a district with B-boro, Ch. Hill, Van, Bullard and Athens. Guess we'll find out Friday morning.