what does everyone think about 11-4a BASEBALL?!

wildcatsfan

1.Texas High

2.SS

3.NL-Homer Call

4or5.Paris

4pr5.MP

6.Lindale

Texas High should be strong with the number of returning starters and pitching should be very solid

with a lot of leftys, Turley returns and will be one of the best in East Texas/State

SS has a good pitcher and stick in Diamond, not sure what else they have as far as returning players

NL will be young this year, one senior DH/FB Colton Wade, good core of returning juniors with SS Cody Sellers and OF AJ George, both very good with the stick. Untested but good sophomore pitching

Paris lost ace pitcher Colton Reavis to injury and will also be a young team. They do have a couple of pitcher that had varsity experience last year, not sure on number of returning starters

MP and Lindale alway have athletes and solid pitching

IMO everyone is chasing THS...............again :pinch:

With Diamond on the mound Sulphur always has a chance to win, He was 5-1 in district last year and he is bigger and stronger now than last year. Heard he was clocked the other day by some scouts throwing 88-89 inside a gym in his sneakers on an artificial mound! They have Mabe as the 2nd pitcher and he is pretty good. The hitting will be the question.

With Diamond on the mound Sulphur always has a chance to win, He was 5-1 in district last year and he is bigger and stronger now than last year. Heard he was clocked the other day by some scouts throwing 88-89 inside a gym in his sneakers on an artificial mound! They have Mabe as the 2nd pitcher and he is pretty good. The hitting will be the question.

i heard he was getting some looks on the mound. any idea where he may be headed?

• 1 month later...
1.Tx High

2. SS

3. Paris

4. Mt Plsnt

5. NL

6. Lindale

Don't count Paris out....decent pitching and several returning seniors....Sikes and Robertson will get the best out of the guys they work with....NL loaded with young talent BUT may be a year away.....

after a couple of weeks of play, i think i will stick with these picks. maybe flip flop the top 2 but thats it.

Texas High- Great Hitting, defense, and speed. Josh Turley is back and everyone knows he is good. the only question is who will be able to step up and be the number two, because Heathcott is out with an injury. they also have a new catcher.

Sulpher Springs- Diamond was last years district MVP and they have a great catcher as well. (they can always hit but if they dont have a solid number two pitcher they wont win the district championship.

Paris- Calabria is a good pitcher and Chris Mathews Might be the best Catcher in the district. They have good hitting but there defense has looked shaky at times.

North Lamar- They have good sticks, but their pitching is just to young for them to be able to make the playoffs this year. Give them a year and they will be solid.

Mt. Pleasent- Dove is a good pitcher and their catcher can hit.

Lindale-They have a lot of starters returning this year. (they did lose Drew Cole, so it will be interesting to see who their ace is going to be)

Texas High- Great Hitting, defense, and speed. Josh Turley is back and everyone knows he is good. the only question is who will be able to step up and be the number two, because Heathcott is out with an injury. they also have a new catcher.

Sulpher Springs- Diamond was last years district MVP and they have a great catcher as well. (they can always hit but if they dont have a solid number two pitcher they wont win the district championship.

Paris- Calabria is a good pitcher and Chris Mathews Might be the best Catcher in the district. They have good hitting but there defense has looked shaky at times.

North Lamar- They have good sticks, but their pitching is just to young for them to be able to make the playoffs this year. Give them a year and they will be solid.

Mt. Pleasent- Dove is a good pitcher and their catcher can hit.

Lindale-They have a lot of starters returning this year. (they did lose Drew Cole, so it will be interesting to see who their ace is going to be)

Still too early to call.

thats RIDICULOUS to think NL will make the playoffs or even win a game in that district. Here are my picks.

1.Texas High

2.Sulpher Springs

3.Paris HIgh

4.Mt. Pleasent

5.Lindale

6.North Lamar

NL will have little trouble beating Paris.

it is still very early, but paris when they have their lineup intact has hit surprisingly well. whether nl's young talent can gel is a question mark. outside of sellers their pitching is really young. we can never forget about mp either, they are always tough. haven't heard much from lindale, but i saw the vargas (think thats his name) kid pitch last summer and he really looked good.

it is still very early, but paris when they have their lineup intact has hit surprisingly well. whether nl's young talent can gel is a question mark. outside of sellers their pitching is really young. we can never forget about mp either, they are always tough. haven't heard much from lindale, but i saw the vargas (think thats his name) kid pitch last summer and he really looked good.

I don't think you will see Sellers on the mound much this year, the four sophs will get most of the bump time, White, Parsons, Smith and Conley. In the E.L. tourny the Panthers had PG until the last at bat and lost 4-3 (I think) they looked twice as good Saturday as they did Thursday, they (soph pitchers) will be fine.

Just givin "9" a lil' poke in the ribs!! lol

Kinda early to be coming out of hibernation madiash....

lol i hear ya. One thing the NL kids have if its not experiene at the varsity level it is experience in playing with each other. the majority of them have played on select teams together for years and knowin the skills and actions of the guy next to you does help alot. pitching is young but i see them suprising ppl with their talent.

lol i hear ya. One thing the NL kids have if its not experiene at the varsity level it is experience in playing with each other. the majority of them have played on select teams together for years and knowin the skills and actions of the guy next to you does help alot. pitching is young but i see them suprising ppl with their talent.

Because NL was senior heavy last year they all played together on JV last year also. Smith and Conley did pitch at the Sherman tournament last year and did well. I think that they will be competitive.