District 17-4a Standings

jon98

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lindale beat athens in a shootout splitting the points

We(PT) won 8-0 against Eustace but i got a red card so im out for chapel hill...... i really dont know why i was got myself a red defending an 8-0 lead with 10 minutes left oh well they probably would of scored and we got the shutout

After all the smack talk (mostly from Athens) about how Marshall wasn't as good as some of the teams they were ahead of in the standings (mostly Athens)...... the Mavs beat Athens 4-2 in the district finale. Winning 4 of their last 5 district games.

I somehow doubt that means Athens will offer an ounce of respect to Marshall considering how they have trash talked them the last few weeks or so..... I'm sure the win is a sweet one for the Mavs. Because apparently....most of the Athens posters I've seen on this and other threads seem to think Marshall was unworthy of their standing.

But the fact of the matter is that besides ONE loss to Kilore.... all of Marshall's remaining district losses were to Lindale (2) and Pine Tree (1).

Best of luck to Lindale, PT and THE MAVS in the playoffs!!!!

Pt is playing Henderson on 3-20 or 3-21 and site will be determined next week were trying to get UT Tyler, TJC, or Kilgore

Marshall is playing Nacogdoches?

I think Lindale is playing Waller and if theyre the same team as last year watch your back they arnt the cleanest team in the state

Marshall will be playing the 3rd place team from 18-AAAA. NAC won the district so they have a bye.

Pt is playing Henderson on 3-20 or 3-21 and site will be determined next week were trying to get UT Tyler, TJC, or Kilgore

Marshall is playing Nacogdoches?

I think Lindale is playing Waller and if theyre the same team as last year watch your back they arnt the cleanest team in the state

But the fact of the matter is that besides ONE loss to Kilore.... all of Marshall's remaining district losses were to Lindale (2) and Pine Tree (1).

for the record Kilgore has beaten Marshall twice this season! lol but still congrats to all teams advancing. its been a great senior season! represent the district well!

#3 Will Estel

both games in district? Sorry if I was wrong..... my bad. I thot Kilgore was classy about it all. It's been a fun district race.

This thread made its way into the lockeroom of the Mavs and I think they took of it to heart..... especially from some of the Athens posters. I guess they had something to prove last night against them.

BTW.......

Marshall will play Jacksonville at time and place TBD.

no, one time was in our tournament! but my "classy" response was to you're statement about the one loss to kilgore. I meant nothing by my statement as more than a simple fact. wasn't trying to be rude or anything else.

I never said you (or anyone from Kilgore) was rude. I think you misread my post.

I said I thought Kilgore was very classy about it. It was a fun race. That was the truth, not a knock.

Hey, we still have to get a result against Navasota tonight. You gotta give respect to expect it in return.

final cow monkey word on 174-a Pine Trees soccer esxpert says Pine Tree will crush Henderso;n, or I believe he said that, but i am not sure.

Pine Trees 08 has no one to lean on this thursday night because he is all along, can he deliver, does he stand up under the pressure of no companion goalie? thursday night will tell whether he can play goalie as well as he can post on smoaky

the starter just has a day by day minor injury ..... but we split halves because we both can hold our own and i play 2nd half and we've had plenty of one goal games that we held onto and i do have weaknesses but pressure is not one of them so we'll be aight