High School Season

onetogo

On the 2A girls side: I know Wall (STATE CHAMP) has 4 players coming back but they loose a 73-74 (Whitley sister) to graduation. They will still be able to shoot 340 and be the favorite.

BUT,

Callisburg (STATE RUNNER UP) has 5 girls coming back. Three of these girls played in the big tournaments this (Starburst, TO, & Barton Creek) summer. They should also be able to break 340.

AND

San Saba has individual state runner up in Hardy who also played this summer. Their team should only be able to go low 360s.

MAYBE

Olney finds a number 4 to go along with a good 1 & 2 to get to 360. (Prediction middle 370s).

Looks like the same teams will be fighting it out again with the State Champion from ALBA probably doing it again.

:rolleyes:

Those TJC ladies finished the fall season with three 1st place wins and two 2nd.

The TJC men finished the fall with three 1st place wins a 2nd and a 3rd.

Both men's and women's start their spring season here at home March 3rd and 4th at Eagles Bluff. I sure hope the winning continues!!

Practice practice practice!! TJC

Good news for Bullard. Coach Kirkpatrick now has 7th period golf class instead of only after school practice. Allowing more daylight hours for practice in the afternoon is a good start.

Good luck Bullard!! I hope you have a great season.

• 4 weeks later...

The Panther Golf Teams have been playing some GREAT golf this semester.

The Varsity #I has placed in both major tournaments they have played in this semester.

The team of Joey Windham, Will Griffin, Chase Webb, Michael Haney and Jacob Scoggins finished 2nd in the A&M Consolidated Invitational in College Station.

The Team of Joey Windham, Will Griffin, Chase Webb, Matt Cook and Sam Fidone places 3rd out of 30 teams in the Waco Midway Invitational . The team had overtaken Lake Highlands for second place on the last day before weather stopped the tournament.

The team of Matt Jacobs, Michael Phillips, Sam Fidone, Matt Cook and Chris Fougerousse placed second in the Nacogdoches Varsity Invitational beating the Nacogdoches team on the first hole of a playoff.

The Girls team won the Crockett Lady Bulldog Invitational yesterday at Spring Creek Country Club. The team won by over 50 shots and Sophomore Hannah Arnold won Low Medalist for the tournamnet posting a score of 76.

The team of Chris Fougerousse, James Bogue, Colton Nicholson, Zach Roche, Ryan Bell and Brady Kelly placed second in the Hudson Varsity invitational played at Neches Pines in Diboll. Chris Fougerousse placed second overall with a score of 80.

The Panther Varsity Boys Team has placed in EVERY Tournament they have played in except for the Fort Worth Paschal tournament where they finished 9th out of 54 teams.

Chris Fougerousse placed second overall with a score of 80.

most interesting 80 that I've ever seen...

Lufkin is having a good year in golf. I didn't realize they were that good.

Spring Hill has won 3 of their first 4 tournaments this year.

• 7 years later...