Redwater Football

Champipple68

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early front runner is Matt Graves hes young and maybe he will bring some young coaches wanting to prove themselves and some fire in there belly.

Eeeeasy Bigblue, my inside source tells me that the interviewing committe has not wrapped up their meetings of the top ten yet. After that, the board will interview a paired down list of candidates and that wont happen till Feb 16. Until then, lets assume that all ten are the favorites.

i may have jump the gun alittle bit but Graves is getting support from S.F.A. grads that coach in larger schools

From reading the sports page this morning it looks like Queen City swiped one of the Redwater interviewed coaches for their new AD. Kenny from McKinney. Kenny Duck that is. Good luck to QC.

From reading the sports page this morning it looks like Queen City swiped one of the Redwater interviewed coaches for their new AD. Kenny from McKinney. Kenny Duck that is. Good luck to QC.

Your right. Coach Duck interviewed for the job at Redwater. The guys at QC just beat you to him. ( Thank Goodness for that too !! ) He is going to make a great fit in Queen City. If anyone that has hiring power in Redwater and is reading this, I think that the man that interviewed the other day from Fort Worth and an SMU EX should be your top pick. He is a fine man and great leader of kids. He is also more than ready to be a AD/HFC.

Good luck Coach R. P. He's right under your noses guys!!!!! Dont' lose twice in a row!!!

Giood Luck to Redwater, they deserve a great coach there !!! Fine kids, parents let your next coach do the coaching and fall in behind him with your support.

Of the 30 something coaches only ten got interviewed 3 to 5 of them will go before the board next thursday or saturday. The frontrunner still might be Graves. Went on redwater web site and seen where 2 board members are S.F.A. grads. dont have a dog in this hunt yet just moved in the school dist. waiting to see whats going to happen

Of the 30 something coaches only ten got interviewed 3 to 5 of them will go before the board next thursday or saturday. The frontrunner still might be Graves. Went on redwater web site and seen where 2 board members are S.F.A. grads. dont have a dog in this hunt yet just moved in the school dist. waiting to see whats going to happen

I'm not disagreeing with you BigBlue because you obviously have your sources.

However, I did a little reasearch on Coach Graves and he is a 2001 graduate of the University of Arkansas. He coached defensive backs at SFA the last two years and they chose to "clean house" this year due to an 0-11 season for the lumberjacks (I'm not placing any blame on him it's just the fact of the matter that he was on staff).

I might be wrong but I wouldn't think SFA grads would give any extra weight to a coach from an 0-11 program at their former university. If he graduated from SFA they might feel that loyalty but I bet it will be different since he's a HOG.

thanks for the info i don't want no hog running our dragons next thing you know they will be calling the hogs oops i mean calling the dragons haha

I still think Redwater needs a positive change from the outside and Rob P. from Fort Worth should be the top man. He is a great guy and would fit perfectly into the Redwater community. He is more than ready to step up into this position. The powers to be need to take a close look at him before deciding on any one else.

well Rob P. i dont know if you were interview they only interview coaches that were Off.or Def. cord. if you was did you see our last basketball game at home against H.Springs.if you did then i know who you are .

bigblue

juggernaut

check your messages

Yeah etexfan, you've got our curiousity going. Who is Rob P. from Ft. Worth?????????????

He is one top notch coach that was one of over 140 that appiled for the Queen City job. He would make a great AD/ HC for Redwater. He is a coordinator at Fort Worth now and is ready for the next step. Any other time he would have been the man in QC but we were just flooded with great guys to pick from this time around. I have heard that he was in the top five here which was outstanding . I have spent hours talking to this man and if Redwater passes him by it will be a tremendous loss for ya'lls kids and communtiy. He played under Forrest Gregg at SMU and played college ball with Cary Brabham from Hughes Springs.

He is one top notch coach that was one of over 140 that appiled for the Queen City job. He would make a great AD/ HC for Redwater. He is a coordinator at Fort Worth now and is ready for the next step. Any other time he would have been the man in QC but we were just flooded with great guys to pick from this time around. I have heard that he was in the top five here which was outstanding . I have spent hours talking to this man and if Redwater passes him by it will be a tremendous loss for ya'lls kids and communtiy. He played under Forrest Gregg at SMU and played college ball with Cary Brabham from Hughes Springs.

Thanks for the info etexfan, that's the kind of excitement we are looking for.

thanks etexfan

Best of luck to Coach Duck and the Bulldogs.

I think there are some good people in both towns.

I have lived in several parts of this great state and east Texas is by far the best place to live and raise a family. Both Redwater and Queen City are plenty close enough to a large town like Texarkana to shop and go out to eat with your family but far enough away to live out in the country.

I wish Redwater the very best in finding a top notch coach to lead their kiddos over there. A friendly word to the parents, please let your next AD be the man in charge and stay in the background and support him in everything he does. This will benefit both the coach and your kids. Keep the politics out of it and give him a chance to get his program off the ground. This may take a year or two guys. With the new district that your in, ya'll have a great chance to win in several sports. Good luck!!!

I have lived in several parts of this great state and east Texas is by far the best place to live and raise a family. Both Redwater and Queen City are plenty close enough to a large town like Texarkana to shop and go out to eat with your family but far enough away to live out in the country.

I wish Redwater the very best in finding a top notch coach to lead their kiddos over there. A friendly word to the parents, please let your next AD be the man in charge and stay in the background and support him in everything he does. This will benefit both the coach and your kids. Keep the politics out of it and give him a chance to get his program off the ground. This may take a year or two guys. With the new district that your in, ya'll have a great chance to win in several sports. Good luck!!!

Thanks etexfan. I agree with you on all that you said. But don't believe all that trash about local politics. Know that there is always more to a story than what you read in the paper. The whole truth and nothing but the truth doesn't sell newspapers. All that is behind us now.

The future is so bright I've got to wear shades :coolio:

As Forest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."

Thanks etexfan. I agree with you on all that you said. But don't believe all that trash about local politics. Know that there is always more to a story than what you read in the paper. The whole truth and nothing but the truth doesn't sell newspapers. All that is behind us now.

The future is so bright I've got to wear shades :coolio:

As Forest Gump would say, "That's all I have to say about that."

You are right on Juggernaut. The future is bright. It is a great time to be a Dragon. Can't wait until Monday to find out who we will get! :happy65: