Redwater Football

Champipple68

We have you guys first on the schedule next year. What do your facilities look like? Seating capacity, etc...

Good grass playing surface. Need new lights. Very nice brand new field house 10, 000 square ft. Stadium capacity approx 1,500. Home side desperately needs to be enlarged or replaced. Despite the record the last few years the Dragons still draw a big crowd and the community really supports the team. If you dont get to the game early it can be very hard to find a seat on the home side. Hopefully the school board will address these issues soon.

As for Sabine,what was your record this last year? I saw in DCTF that yall were 0-10 in 2006 (like we were).

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grass playing surface. Need new lights. Very nice brand new field house 10, 000 square ft. Stadium capacity approx 1,500. Home side desperately needs to be enlarged or replaced. Despite the record the last few years the Dragons still draw a big crowd and the community really supports the team. If you dont get to the game early it can be very hard to find a seat on the home side. Hopefully the school board will address these issues soon.

As for Sabine,what was your record this last year? I saw in DCTF that yall were 0-10 in 2006 (like we were).

Looking on the web the best I could come up with is 0-9 for 2007. But keep in mind dragonballa that they were in a tough 3A district with Gilmer...OUCH!

Their enrollment numbers look like 391 from another post on smoaky.com so they would pretty much be the largest school in our district.

I look for a good game between two schools looking for greener pastures. :D

Looking on the web the best I could come up with is 0-9 for 2007. But keep in mind dragonballa that they were in a tough 3A district with Gilmer...OUCH!

Their enrollment numbers look like 391 from another post on smoaky.com so they would pretty much be the largest school in our district.

I look for a good game between two schools looking for greener pastures. :D

I agree it looks like a good matchup for both schools. This isn't a district game. It will be the first game of the season for both teams. Redwater has the highest enrollment in the new region 2 district 12 and would automatically go div 1 in the playoffs if we make it. Sabine is in region 3 district 18.

We were 1-9 last year. Our win was the last game of the season against White Oak. Next year, we will be the 2nd largest school in 18AA (behind White Oak who reported 398 for realignment), which will be a welcome change. The last few years we have had the distinction of being the smallest 3A school in the state.

The 3A district we are currently in consists of: Gilmer, Gladewater, Spring Hill, White Oak, Mineola, and Us (Sabine)

Like Redwater, we have always had a large following regardless of our record. I don't know how well we will travel when we come to visit you all, but at home, it's usually standing room only.

the committee is keeping a tight lid on thing they still not have said who is going before the school board you would think they would want some imput from the DRAGON nation.

yep...Im getting the same treatment. My source has shut down. The board received the "final four" today but will not even hint on who they are. I dont think Graves made the cut though. The suspense is killin me. I trust them though to make the right decision.

yep...Im getting the same treatment. My source has shut down. The board received the "final four" today but will not even hint on who they are. I dont think Graves made the cut though. The suspense is killin me. I trust them though to make the right decision.

I would not trust them as far as I could throw them

Does anyone know a time frame on this one? I personally hope Buddy Griffin gets it. He is a great coach and even better person. JMO

Don't think Buddy Griffin should get the job -- he's "jumped around" too much the last few years, he's thinking about retirement, and he doesn't live in the district or have school-age children. Redwater really needs an AD who plans to stick around for several years, build the program back up, and be willing to invest his time for more than one or two years. The Dragons deserve better.

Oh my gosh knowitall! Don't tell me that you are falling into that catagory of people who believe that the sucess of a smaller school is pale in the comparison to the moderate success of a bigger school. I debated this point last year when comparing T-high with the then state champions, LE. T-high fans arguement that T-high was the best football team in texarkana did not hold water with me. Therefore, RW should not try to be compared with success of a 1A team.

The Ryan Mallet T-High team would have beaten the state championship 3A LE team handily. Do you really think LE could have won in a matchup of the two teams? I couldn't be reading that correctly.

I double checked...he did send a resume

I too have confirmed it dirtrich...he did apply. I don't disagree with anyone that he is a good man/coach but he is definately NOT what Redwater needs right now.

The Dragons have lost their "fire" for whatever reason in recent years and need someone who is going to light it up and get the whole community "fired up". I promise you the community is teeming with excitement waiting for the decision but if they hire coach Griffin it will be like letting air out of a balloon.

I too have confirmed it dirtrich...he did apply. I don't disagree with anyone that he is a good man/coach but he is definately NOT what Redwater needs right now.

The Dragons have lost their "fire" for whatever reason in recent years and need someone who is going to light it up and get the whole community "fired up". I promise you the community is teeming with excitement waiting for the decision but if they hire coach Griffin it will be like letting air out of a balloon.

He could turn the program around at redwater, the reason he left Jefferson was because the school board wasnt going to renew his contract. And the reason that the board was going to do that is because .... Well thats a good question that none of them would answer when me and 2 of my fellow teammates went in front of the board at a meeting to ask them. The meeting was packed with all of the Jefferson Athletes, and yet the school board would not give an answer to why they were trying to get rid of there coach. His first year yeah the team was 2-8, but the next year he took us into the second round of the playoffs. We had one of the toughest schedules that year on top of that, (tatum,gilmer,carthage, pewitt, atlanta,LE,NB,PG, DField and LK). I dont live in redwater so i dont have a clue to the kind of kids or athletes that yall have, but Buddy Griffin is a hell of a coach and man.

well i just talk to my source and found out that the "good ole boy" is alive and well at the Redwater three of the coaches that made the finale cut have ties with people that was on the committee.does the committee not listen to what we said were fed up with the "good ole boy" way of school business that we hire your Buddy.or you coach with him that went 1-9 last year give me a break. if i was one the school board i would not be happy our satisfied with what they wanted us to choose from.

He could turn the program around at redwater, the reason he left Jefferson was because the school board wasnt going to renew his contract. And the reason that the board was going to do that is because .... Well thats a good question that none of them would answer when me and 2 of my fellow teammates went in front of the board at a meeting to ask them. The meeting was packed with all of the Jefferson Athletes, and yet the school board would not give an answer to why they were trying to get rid of there coach. His first year yeah the team was 2-8, but the next year he took us into the second round of the playoffs. We had one of the toughest schedules that year on top of that, (tatum,gilmer,carthage, pewitt, atlanta,LE,NB,PG, DField and LK). I dont live in redwater so i dont have a clue to the kind of kids or athletes that yall have, but Buddy Griffin is a hell of a coach and man.

Kind of sounds just like the Redwater Dragon Athletes going to speak up for their AD - no answers as to why they didn't want him in that position any longer, either.