Redwater Football

Champipple68

You mean, they didn't have a say in selecting the finalists to be interviewed? How odd.

no the board will have the final say so saturday. the committee was made up of 4 or 5 admin. they was suppose to bring the best candidates before the board and we got some "good ole boy" committee picks.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no the board will have the final say so saturday. the committee was made up of 4 or 5 admin. they was suppose to bring the best candidates before the board and we got some "good ole boy" committee picks.

So, what happens if the board isn't impressed with any of the "good ole boy" candidates the committee picked for them to interview? Do they go back and start over, or is the board required to select one from this list submitted? Surely you board members, voted in by the majority of votes of residents in the school district, have enough common sense and are qualified/educated enough to make a recommendation that would benefit Redwater as a whole. Do we even know who the committee consists of?

It's going to work out BigBlueMan. We've got a good board and they are going to make the right choice.

I agree with you there. I know the board will do what is best for the district as a whole. :thumbsup:

Absolutely. We have a great, family oriented group of men on the board. Some of them actually grew up attending Redwater Schools, and now have second & third generation children in school or starting soon, so they have a lot at stake. They want their Alma Mater to succeed in the future.

They have a lot to consider, but I have no doubt they will make the right decision for all concerned.

Good deal. Details??? Details???

And we all wish him the best of luck. If he wasn't your personal choice - at least give him the benefit of the doubt. At least he isn't close to retirement age yet, so he should be able to stick around and work with the Dragons - that's a positive start.

i dont know stines but i made a phone call to a friend in dallas and he has a buddy who coaches at Grapevine and he said that they like him down there. he said stines will bring alot to the program.

this is the beginning of great things to come

let the stine era begin

i dont know stines but i made a phone call to a friend in dallas and he has a buddy who coaches at Grapevine and he said that they like him down there. he said stines will bring alot to the program.

this is the beginning of great things to come

let the stine era begin

Congrats to Coach Stines.

There are some good people there in Redwater.

Go dragons.

yep that didn't take long. will he be at the board meeting monday night.

It's possible but I wouldn't EXPECT it.

Heard they voted last night, offered Coach Stines the job, and he accepted. So there is no "need" for him to be at Monday's meeting. He'll have to wrap up some final strings back at his old school and will be here in a week or two for sure.