all district selections for 08 season

ThePitch12

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone make predictions by what they have seen so far? There is not as much talent in a lot of the teams this year.

Goalkeeper for Kaufman...senior...1st team last year in a very tough 4A district. Won all 3 shootouts in the playoffs, and was huge for them last night in Kaufman's victory over Waxahachie. He is the real deal!

:happy65:

can anyone make predictions by what they have seen so far? There is not as much talent in a lot of the teams this year.

Pine Tree

The Langley kid from Pine Tree should definitely make the top honors squad, he is all over the field and never seems to run out of gas. I wish we had him on our team, he dishes out close to 10 assists a game if only Pine Tree could finish they would probably be one of the top teams in the league. They beat us by one point in a shootout but were on our half of the field the entire 2nd half. I heard Langley plays on one of the top teams in classic 1 in Dallas. Our kids said he played defense, stopper, center mid, outside mid, it seems like the only position he hasnt played is on the bench.

Started as a Freshman for Pine tree

Sophmore of the Year--

Junior Year ?-------who knows , if he stays healthy skys the limit

Hallsville

The goalie-what a animal-this kid is big time, any team in the league would die to have him in the net-I think his name should be Superman the way he leaps around the goal--very fast-very good-very smart

definite all district selection

Kilgore

The mid-fielder Will Estel ----He has been a very good defensive Player since his freshman year where he started on defense for Kilgore--after three years they move him to the midfield--watch this kid he can put the hurts on you real fast.

White House

Pain-Pain-Pain His Name and he can deal it Out.

Lindale

Of course a know brainer the twins, East Texas Spirit 91 Players Playing up a year I believe, they dont know the word quit or give up. Tremendous energy and attitude.

Chapel Hill

If you dont know the name Joseph Antley you will by the end of this season--bruising and Punishing Player. very fast--very big-very quick-very intelligent---and his little brother is also on the team and he is not very little. Look out for these brothers they will put the hurt on your team.

Conclusion: If anyone wants to argue this selections wait until the end of the year and then check the names of this list again. :happy65: :notworthy:

I see you didn't put any people from Athens, but let me tell you something; This kids have a lot of talent from Athens (#9, #10, #20 and their Freshman goaly is also pretty good). The reason I dont put their names is because I dont Know them but they are sure pretty good players and it wouldnt surpriseme to see their names on "first team all District"

A player to watch is Ryan Bustin at Kilgore. He's a sophomore, but he's a good skilled player who's playing defensively at the moment, has played forward. Payne at Whitehouse is certainly capable of dominating his part of the field. Some players are overlooked because of the role they play on their team. I know and have seen nearly all the players mentioned, play for years at various places and teams. But the one I think that has more of an impact on their team and is certainly deserving is #23 Jordan Norris of Lindale, a junior. We've played against him, with him, and against him again, and if we had our choice, we rather play with him. He's the kind of player every team needs and every coach wants. Talented and a very skilled player, thats fast,physical and smart. Capable of playing and dominating any position from sweeper, midfield,to forward. It looks like thats how he's being used this year, to fill holes, reinforce weaknesses, man up on a teams best player to neutralize them. He certainly is a force to be reckoned with. Lindale's rise to what it is now coincides with his arrival. Newcomer of the year his freshman year, 1st Team All District last year. Has started every game since stepping on the field and barring injury, will end up that way. He won't have all the goals of the flashy forwards, but he makes everyone around him better. He's certainly one of the strong pistons to the Lindale engine.

I haven't had a chance to watch this kid play, but I sure will at the Athens vs Lindale game. I don't have a lot of knowledge about all of this kids, but I know lindale has a lot of talent and PT, Kilgore and Athens as well. It wouldn't surprise me watch one of this players getting the best award you can get in soccer, which is the MVP of the season.

Will Estel is a really good player as is Garrett Fields and E (the goalie Sawemoff was reffering to) are all great standout players

I agree with the comment about the Kilgore Goalie, but if he wants to get the Deffensive MVP, he needs to work a lot harder because there is a lot of good players on this District, without mention that your personal record counts alot in order to get an award, and what I know is that his record is not the best one of the season :hmm:

I dont think this should be too big of a surprise to anyone but I am for the guys at Lindale if you notice my name. There are many freshman that could be on this all district selection also. The twins Enoch and Elijah from Lindale are great in pretty much any kind of situation. They can pass, weave, and shoot the heck out of the ball. And then there is Jordan Norris, all over the field, all the time. So those are some of mine. Now the thing is who is going to make all east texas.

• 3 weeks later...

About E from Kilgore he is good but yall are making him overated if a goalie gets defensive MVP itll be Huesing from Hallsville hes not only has the fundamentals down he's got the best soccer mind in the league as far as goalies go. Hes completely focused ive seen him shank 1 kick this year and it still was well away from danger and his overall distribution is excelent. E is not quite as intimidating as Huesing plus hes not as smart as Huesing(what to do with the ball once he saves it). But skill wise yea he can hang

haha i wouldnt be callin will or garret weak! they are both strong players! kilgore had a really fast team this year but they didnt seem to want to play as a team! i heard will say they hadnt connected a pass all half and hes right... they hadnt! they had guys who wanted to stand around and others who wanted to work and that wont cut it if you want to have a good team! as for "E" he is a really good keeper! i saw him make some incredible saves and im not gonna say huessing or however you spell it is any better cause i havent seen him really have to work!

I know Whitehouse doesn't have a great record but don't discount that they have 3 or 4 very good players deserving of all district. Muller #23 earned his spot before he was hurt and definitely Stinchfield #17 has hung in there and played awesome. #7 and #6 are also very strong players. Too bad you can't play with 5 players :unsure:

I think both forwards from jville (#6 and #11) and the sweeper now goalie (#5) are up there for some tops spots in our district. alot of good players but i think these have earned their spots. both forwards with 20+ goals on the season. Goodjob guys!