all district selections for 08 season

ThePitch12

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About District 17-4A does anybody knows what happened with the Athens’ players? Did anyone of them got All-District? I know they have some really good players whom did not play that much in district, but they also had players like #10 & one of the forwards (not sure about his #) that did pretty well for the hornets! I am guessing they at least got something. I dont know!! just post if you know something!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Jacksonville and Henderson maybe?? If you could give the positions along with the honor given that would be great...

J'ville First Team: Chad Leinback, Brent Colvin, Daniel Forry, Juan Romero

Second Team: Arturo Garcia, Israel Posada, Daniel Rangel

not sure about all of them for 17-4A

but i have heard Norris from lindale got MVP

Hville keep defensive mvp

Payne from WH soph of the year.

from kilgore...

1st team Garret Fields and Keeper Everado Delmas

2nd team Will Estel and Oscar Davila

hon men. Shawn Waldo, Daniel Ramos, Zach Driver

Does anyone have the Superlatives for the guys form 17-4A and 18-4A? The girls were posted everywhere but hard to find the guys list.

Weird how17-4A honored more players off of the bottom teams than the top teams. Was it because it is easy to stand out as an OK player on a weaker team?

Some of the selections named would not have even started on Lindale, PT, or Marshall.

*Marshall got screwed in the selections big time.

*The Lindale Twins ruled 17-4A(17-4A MVPs as SOPHMORES) -they got screwed

*Both PT freshmen dominated players 3 or more years older including most of the 1st team selections.

*Athens had good players but they had too much baggage to be named to anything

*Finishing at the bottom of the district should not get first team or MVP anything

Obviously SCOOP you don't understand about how to pick it. If you look closely the bottom 2 teams only had 5 players BETWEEN them honored. An awesome player deserves to be honored even if he plays on a bad team. Those are usually the leaders of the team and hold it together. I guess you didn't watch soccer across the district to see that those kids deserved their honors and ARE just as good as the kids chosen from other districts. The Lindale twins were honored for their entraordinary play and the Athens kids also were honored even though they didn't play all season. I think you're confused!

Obviously SCOOP you don't understand about how to pick it. If you look closely the bottom 2 teams only had 5 players BETWEEN them honored. An awesome player deserves to be honored even if he plays on a bad team. Those are usually the leaders of the team and hold it together. I guess you didn't watch soccer across the district to see that those kids deserved their honors and ARE just as good as the kids chosen from other districts. The Lindale twins were honored for their entraordinary play and the Athens kids also were honored even though they didn't play all season. I think you're confused!

You must be one of those that thought everyone should get a trophy for participation in little league.

If you were in a race and got 1st place, would it be OK to give you a 3rd place medal? No, you would want the medal you deserve for being the best.

Yes the twins were recognized for their play,but they did not get the awards they deserved. When teams played Lindale. The twins were the ones you worried about. When teams played Kilgore,

Will Estel(second team)was the one you worried about.

You must have missed the 17-4A selections article in the newspaper. I understand why YOU are confused!

I think that if there are some outstanding seniors on a team then most coaches will

recognize them before some underclassmen just because they will have more years

to receive honors. As for the twins, yes they are very good, but I'm sure that it is

hard to vote for them and pick one and would be odd to give them a dual reward

when they aren't the only players on the Lindale team that made a difference this

year. Not saying they didn't deserve it, but I'm sure that the coaches voting had

their reasons.

i'm not sure i understand, but if I'm not mistaken as to the Shipmans, Elijah got Offensive MVP, and Enoch got 1st Team All-District and was very close in voting to be Sophomore of the Year, I don't know how that screws the twins. Payne at Whitehouse is deserving of his award. As for the newspaper, I don't think anything has come out, usually it comes out on a sunday when the papers cost 1.50.

i'm not sure i understand, but if I'm not mistaken as to the Shipmans, Elijah got Offensive MVP, and Enoch got 1st Team All-District and was very close in voting to be Sophomore of the Year, I don't know how that screws the twins. Payne at Whitehouse is deserving of his award. As for the newspaper, I don't think anything has come out, usually it comes out on a sunday when the papers cost 1.50.

The article came out on a Tuesday or Wed in the Tyler paper.

I did not see the twins names in it. I think it had a PT player for

Offensive MVP and a Hallsville player for def.MVP.

Saw, Kilgore was in the hunt. The start of the season hurt them.

I thought Will should have been on the first team.

Does anyone know 18-4A all district selections?

District 18-4A Soccer

Girls All-District

MVP: Madison Phenix, Henderson

Defensive MVP: Matalia Parra, Center

Coach of the Year: Ron Vickers, Jasper

Sophomore of the Year: Natalie Ahee, Palestine

Newcomer of the Year: Carrie West, Nacogdoches

Offensive MVP: Haley Shipman, Jasper

First Team

Marissa Lees, Henderson; Whitleigh Sharp, Henderson, Whitney Glenn, Henderson; Susie Gutierrez, Henderson, Liz Thompson, Nacogdoches, Araceli Rivera, Nacogdoches; Amy Long, Nacogdoches; Emily Auxier, Nacogdoches; Jessica Alvis, Jasper; Amanda Miesch, Jasper; Marcie Ratcliff, Jasper; Carly Irby, Jacksonville; Maria Luna, Jacksonville; Shelby Alvarez, Palestine; Bekah Gold, Palestine; Ashlee Pittman, Longview; Salem Clarke, Hudson; Stephnie Araujo, Center; Yadira Salais, Diboll.

Second Team

Adria Jackson, Hudson; Marisol Olague, Hudson; Jancy Martinez, Hudson; Lauren Dorsey, Hudson; Jade McDonald, Nacogdoches; Sarah Robinson, Nacogdoches; Allie Harris, Nacogdoches; Caroline Kipp, Jasper; Morgan Marx, Jasper; Natalie Dufner, Jacksonville; Brittani Villanueva, Jacksonville; Kamie Minter, Jacksonville; Ryann Spradley, Palestine; Sandy Bing, Palestine; Hannah Rudebush, Longview; Branna Shuler, Longview; Jessica Smith, Hudson; Victoria Ortega, Center; Rosita Silva, Diboll.

Honorable Mention

Deyanira Avila, Henderson; Maraya Camazine, Henderson; Hannah Henderson, Henderson; Katherine Miller, Nacogdoches; Aubree Tuttle, Nacogdoches; Brittney Free, Nacogdoches; Anna Webb, Palestine; Sara Bates, Palestine; Kelsie Brubaker, Jacksonville; Analorena Rodriguez, Jacksonville; Hannah Vickers, Jacksonville; Allison Collins, Jacksonville; Tabitha Wagnon, Jacksonville; Shawna Hoover, Longview; Deyanira Trevino, Longview; Britney Ingle, Longview; Carolina Guerrero, Center; Maria Medrano, Center; Diana Ramirez, Hudson; Olivia Montgomery, Hudson; Shelbie Caulk, Hudson; Mayra Silva, Diboll; Cynthia Carozos, Diboll; Geneva Diosdado, Diboll.

District 18-4A Soccer

Girls All-District

MVP: Madison Phenix, Henderson

Defensive MVP: Matalia Parra, Center

Coach of the Year: Ron Vickers, Jasper

Sophomore of the Year: Natalie Ahee, Palestine

Newcomer of the Year: Carrie West, Nacogdoches

Offensive MVP: Haley Shipman, Jasper

First Team

Marissa Lees, Henderson; Whitleigh Sharp, Henderson, Whitney Glenn, Henderson; Susie Gutierrez, Henderson, Liz Thompson, Nacogdoches, Araceli Rivera, Nacogdoches; Amy Long, Nacogdoches; Emily Auxier, Nacogdoches; Jessica Alvis, Jasper; Amanda Miesch, Jasper; Marcie Ratcliff, Jasper; Carly Irby, Jacksonville; Maria Luna, Jacksonville; Shelby Alvarez, Palestine; Bekah Gold, Palestine; Ashlee Pittman, Longview; Salem Clarke, Hudson; Stephnie Araujo, Center; Yadira Salais, Diboll.

Second Team

Adria Jackson, Hudson; Marisol Olague, Hudson; Jancy Martinez, Hudson; Lauren Dorsey, Hudson; Jade McDonald, Nacogdoches; Sarah Robinson, Nacogdoches; Allie Harris, Nacogdoches; Caroline Kipp, Jasper; Morgan Marx, Jasper; Natalie Dufner, Jacksonville; Brittani Villanueva, Jacksonville; Kamie Minter, Jacksonville; Ryann Spradley, Palestine; Sandy Bing, Palestine; Hannah Rudebush, Longview; Branna Shuler, Longview; Jessica Smith, Hudson; Victoria Ortega, Center; Rosita Silva, Diboll.

Honorable Mention

Deyanira Avila, Henderson; Maraya Camazine, Henderson; Hannah Henderson, Henderson; Katherine Miller, Nacogdoches; Aubree Tuttle, Nacogdoches; Brittney Free, Nacogdoches; Anna Webb, Palestine; Sara Bates, Palestine; Kelsie Brubaker, Jacksonville; Analorena Rodriguez, Jacksonville; Hannah Vickers, Jacksonville; Allison Collins, Jacksonville; Tabitha Wagnon, Jacksonville; Shawna Hoover, Longview; Deyanira Trevino, Longview; Britney Ingle, Longview; Carolina Guerrero, Center; Maria Medrano, Center; Diana Ramirez, Hudson; Olivia Montgomery, Hudson; Shelbie Caulk, Hudson; Mayra Silva, Diboll; Cynthia Carozos, Diboll; Geneva Diosdado, Diboll.

What about the guys?

Eustace actually had 2 good players but it was hard to see because the others had a difficult time getting the ball to them. I think it's only fitting that each team, even the bottom couple of teams, have a standout for first team. There is at least one kid that shows leadership and has good skills on every team no matter where they place. The kid that made it from Eustace was a real leader and had pretty good foot skills and speed but most of all an awesome attitude. I think there were a couple of kids on Kilgore that definitely were overlooked for at least 2nd team. I think Whitehouse was honored appropriately even though they were at the bottom too.

District 17-4A All-District Awards

Posted in the Longview News-Journal

MVP-Jordan Norris, Lindale

Offensive MVP-Elijah Shipman, Lindale

Defensive MVP-Kyle Huesing, Hallsville

Newcomer of the Year-Ryan Kulak, Pine Tree

Sophomore of the Year-Payne Stinchfield, Whitehouse

Coach of the Year-Jason Lawless, Lindale

First Team

Alex Hagan, Hallsville; Taylor Heinsohn, Hallsville; David Fincher, PT; Tyler Humphrey, PT; Cody Langley, PT; Adam Pruitt, PT; Anthonie Alfaro, Lindale; Colten Fulcher, Lindale; Joey Lugo, Lindale; Jacob Peysen, Lindale; Enoch Shipman, Lindale; Grey Acuna, Marshall; Alan Guzman, Marshall; Gilberto Luna, Marshall; Garrett Fields, Kilgore; Everardo Delmas, Kilgore; Joseph Antley, Chapel Hill; Romeo Mercado, Chapel Hill; Eladio Carranza, Athens; Eduardo Gonzalez, Athens; Julio Alleman, Whitehouse; Zach Arambula, Eustace

Second Team

Lane Hardin, Hallsville; David Jordan, Hallsville; Trey Burda, PT; Bill Freeman, PT; Jeff Hogue, PT; Will Estel, Kilgore; Oscar Davila, Kilgore; Lewis Buchanan, Marshall; Jose Capuchino, Marshall; Rigo Vera, Marshall; Michael Barfield, Chapel Hill; Landon Rodgers, Chapel Hill; Cameron Cooper, Whitehouse; James Crews, Lindale; Drew Sharron, Lindale; Jordan Specht, Lindale; Sam Wright, Lindale; Dakota Mitchell, Eustace; Reynalda Auila, Athens; Moises Maldonado, Athens

Honorable Mentions were not listed in the paper

First of all, I was shocked about the choice of Defensive MVP. I didn't expect a 6th place team to recieve a superlative award. Congrats to Lawless, an award well earned. I also was surprised to see Trey Burda on the 2nd team while Everado was voted 1st team. From my experience with both, I have never really been impressed with the goalkeeping I have seen from E. I agree that his physical ability has made him good and he has made some very good saves, but when comparing him to Burda as a goalkeeper, I give it to Burda. It just seems like E makes things too dramatic (i.e. making a dramatic diving save when he could have just taken a step to get behind it), which may look good, but I have seen it get him in trouble that could have easily been avoided. On the other end, Burda just has so much better technique and is more fundamental, plus he is pretty agile. I do realize that I've only been around the game for about 14 years and that I still have a lot to learn in comparison to others, so just take all this as the opinion of a rookie goalkeeper, cause I acknowledge that that's all I am.

Another thing I noticed is that there are at least 3 keepers on the 2nd team: Burda, Hogue, and Buchanan. I thought that the teams had only 2 of each position, including keepers.

I was surprised to see Will Estel on the 2nd team. From my experience, he is a great player and I expected him on the 1st team roster. For the most part, though, I was very pleased by the choices and thought they reflected the season well.

I am surprised about Athens, they had more than just 2 players for 1st team & 2 for 2nd. Reynaldo Avila (#20) was better than a lot of players in 1st team, maybe even better than Norris. Anyway maybe is because he didnt played that much in district. However #5, #8, #9, #18 & #24 (Nickis I think?) they were pretty good too and they are not even on the list.

We all know Athens had some problems, but they were a lot better than what the list is showing us!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolball:

To be a great player you have to do things right. Athens had some good players that didn't get on the list because of what they did. Do you think they deserve it? If they wouldn't have done what they did they would have been on the list. They know that and I am sure they probably are not questioning it. Tough break but hopefully everyone learned from this.